Fiverr PRO 2.0

newsmike

Just now, frank_d said:

So wait, are they accepting more Pro sellers? 

They aren't accepting them. They are automatically converting sellers that didn't even apply. Some of them with gigs with... questionable English, etc. The threshold seems to be selling price, mostly.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 16
  • Congrats! 1

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

They aren't accepting them. They are automatically converting sellers that didn't even apply. Some of them with gigs with... questionable English, etc. The threshold seems to be selling price, mostly.

Maybe they will add tiers to a new Pro system? Maybe even start charging for part of it?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Maybe they will add tiers to a new Pro system? Maybe even start charging for part of it?

There are two things at play here.

1 - Some Pro sellers received an e-mail saying that Fiverr would bet heavily on Fiverr Pro, new stuff coming out, etc. No details on what those changes will be are known yet.

2 - Concurrently, several sellers (level 2 and trs, at least) have been converted by Fiverr into Pro sellers, without an application. They received an e-mail saying they are now Pro, and that e-mail also briefly touches on the idea that Fiverr is investing in the Pro platform.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 14
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, frank_d said:

Glad to see you back, Frank.

As far as we can see, they are bringing more sellers to Pro, but that email Mike shared says something about getting more traffic. So at least to me, that suggests they will either offer more exposure to the Pro platform, or there are some visual changes to the platform that make it easier to enter the Pro section. They could also add only Pro gigs at the beginning of each search, to encourage everyone to browse those first, and the less expensive gigs would be under them (a disaster if that's the case).

We will have to wait and see. I don't understand why they would send an email without any details... 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

There are two things at play here. Some pro sellers received an e-mail saying that Fiverr would bet heavily on Fiverr Pro, new stuff coming out, etc. No details on what those changes will be are known yet.

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

As far as we can see, they are bringing more sellers to Pro, but that email Mike shared says something about getting more traffic. So at least to me, that suggests they will either offer more exposure to the Pro platform, or there are some visual changes to the platform that make it easier to enter the Pro section. 

For whatever it's worth, that's basically the same stuff they told me way back when I was first accepted, so this is very much one of those 'believe it when I see it' kind of things.

(and I haven't seen the email yet either, fyi)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, terrygrantvo said:

(and I haven't seen the email yet either, fyi)

Even the email with cancellation reviews arrived 2 days later than others for me. It will arrive if you're a Pro seller, although it should be a send it to all type of thing since it's not personalized as far as I can see.

• Like 12
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

It seems like they are restructuring the Pro part of the platform. Right now with the information we have, I have no indication that more traffic will be sent our way.

Unless they intend on making the Pro gigs stand out more by segregating the platform more or driving business users there by default.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2023 at 2:01 PM, smashradio said:

I just put in my application for Pro in another subcategory, and it just got accepted.

Congratulations! With this new 2.0 being teased, it looks like you were accepted at just the right time!

On 7/5/2023 at 3:32 PM, smashradio said:

Could this have something to do with Fiverr aquiring Stoke Talent, rebranding it into "Fiverr Enterprise"?

Thanks for spotting this, Leo. I didn't see that, but it sure seems like a possibility that this is a further effort to upgrade the platform.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, terrygrantvo said:

I am also apparently Pro verified in 'music & audio advice', whatever the heck that is.

It appears they were trying to launch "advice" in a range of categories. I got automatically accepted for "writing advice," then noticed these types of gigs in a number of different categories. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Concurrently, several sellers (level 2 and trs, at least) have been converted by Fiverr into Pro sellers, without an application. They received an e-mail saying they are now Pro, and that e-mail also briefly touches on the idea that Fiverr is investing in the Pro platform.

The only email I saw about this was from @smashradio, and he said he had previously applied in the category and just now been accepted as Pro. Have others reported being automatically converted to Pro?

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

I'd imagine they're trying  to hit milestones in each category (in terms of how many Pro sellers there are for a specific service) ahead of some sort of retooling of the program.

Maybe they're finally going to do something with Fiverr Business. I see they've already tweaked the way Business profiles look.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

Just now, imamiopial said:

Can any level sellers apply for pro? Or does it have to be top-rated sellers only?

Also, Can a seller get invited to be a pro without applying for it?

A while back a number of newer sellers at lower levels were accepted to Pro, but that was when Fiverr was trying to build the Pro ranks. But I haven't seen any confirmation yet of sellers getting invited to be a Pro without applying for it. If someone has proof of that new direction, it would be helpful to hear about it.

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrygrantvo said:

Maybe they're finally going to do something with Fiverr Business. I see they've already tweaked the way Business profiles look.

That would be great, Terry. Fiverr Business was talked about a lot before it launched, and since seems to have fallen by the wayside.

If they were to combine Pro, Fiverr Business and this new Fiverr Enterprise in a successful blend of solutions - now that could be a strong solution.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

4 minutes ago, imamiopial said:

Can any level sellers apply for pro? Or does it have to be top-rated sellers only?

Also, Can a seller get invited to be a pro without applying for it?

In my onboarding group at least half the people were brand new to the site, so they had been recruited right into Pro.

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, danno1950 said:

That would be great, Terry. Fiverr Business was talked about a lot before it launched, and since seems to have fallen by the wayside.

If they were to combine Pro, Fiverr Business and this new Fiverr Enterprise in a successful blend of solutions - now that could be a strong solution.

That reminds me - whatever happened to 'Togetherr' or whatever it was called? Is that still a thing? Was it ever, actually?

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, terrygrantvo said:

whatever happened to 'Togetherr' or whatever it was called? Is that still a thing? Was it ever, actually?

That seems to have fallen off the radar as well. It looks like a competitor to Fiverr Enterprise, so I wonder how they will handle that.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, terrygrantvo said:

I'd imagine they're trying  to hit milestones in each category (in terms of how many Pro sellers there are for a specific service) ahead of some sort of retooling of the program.

I find it unusual that the email came from Micah.  That should mean that it is some sort of a high priority change, as they usually just have some staffer make such announcements like when they were going to allow reviews on cancelled orders, then retracted it. This makes me think that @smashradio may be correct that it has to do with an acquisition like the one already announced, or yet announced which would warrant having the CEO be the voice for it. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I find it unusual that the email came from Micah.  That should mean that it is some sort of a high priority change, as they usually just have some staffer make such announcements like when they were going to allow reviews on cancelled orders, then retracted it. This makes me think that @smashradio may be correct that it has to do with an acquisition like the one already announced, or yet announced which would warrant having the CEO be the voice for it. 

I agree, Mike! The email coming from Micha is the most intriguing part of this whole announcement. I think @smashradiomay have hit the nail on the head about the acquisition of Stoke Talent. When Fiverr announced it, Micha said:

"the two companies will work together to unlock the synergy between Fiverr's suite of B2B products, including Fiverr Business, and Stoke's freelance management platform."

I think you're right, Mike, that so far Fiverr Enterprise does seem to be focused on programming talent, but it's a perfect point to expand into other areas. They already mention "Marketing Teams" as part of their offering.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1