New buyer profile design removed the block option.... 🤔

venonusa

Question

Hi guys, have you seen in these past days Fiverr has changed/tested the new design of user profiles?

Looks very nice, but seems that they removed the "block user" button, I think the "block user" button should be there, so that if you have a bad experience with the customer, you can block the user from purchasing your services in the future... by removing this button the only solution we have to block user is through inbox messages, but if the customer has not left any messages will not be possible to block the user...

What do you think?

( I have uploaded 2 screenshots from a client )

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 22.23.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 22.23.24 PM.png

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 13
  • Up 3

14 answers to this question

The option to block a buyer should still be available in your inbox. However, it does pose a challenge: if a buyer places an order without messaging you first, you'll need to send them a message before you can block them. This could become a problem if they've already ordered from you and you don't wish to interact with them any further after delivery/cancellation etc. 

• Like 8
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

If the buyer didn't send you a message, why would you want to block them? It doesn't make sense.

Here example that happened to me: client place order, halfway the service he decided to cancel the order, he wasted my time and I no longer want to work with this customer in the future... The customer not having left any message in the inbox I could not block it.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

The option to block a buyer should still be available in your inbox. However, it does pose a challenge: if a buyer places an order without messaging you first, you'll need to send them a message before you can block them. This could become a problem if they've already ordered from you and you don't wish to interact with them any further after delivery/cancellation etc. 

It was what I thought, hoping he will reply to my message and hoping he doesn't report my message as a spam 😬

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, venonusa said:

Here example that happened to me: client place order, halfway the service he decided to cancel the order, he wasted my time and I no longer want to work with this customer in the future... The customer not having left any message in the inbox I could not block it.

I often use fiverr mobile apps for fiverr. You can still block the user with mobile apps. (This is one of my cancelled ordered who order the wrong package)

Screenshot_20230630_060446.jpg

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, michmikaia said:

I often use fiverr mobile apps for fiverr. You can still block the user with mobile apps. (This is one of my cancelled ordered who order the wrong package)

Screenshot_20230630_060446.jpg

13 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I always use my phone app to block buyers I no longer want to work with. I just checked, and the block option is still on my iPhone Fiverr app. 

IMG_4772.thumb.jpg.a0c765e9a6bad6925cd8e472ecd017ef.jpg

unfortunately this option is only present if the customer has started a conversation in the inbox, otherwise this option is not present.

IMG_41FC0C395DE6-1.jpeg

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, venonusa said:

unfortunately this option is only present if the customer has started a conversation in the inbox, otherwise this option is not present.

IMG_41FC0C395DE6-1.jpeg

Just click the buyer's name on the top, then click on see profile.

Screenshot_20230630-172942_Fiverr.jpg

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, michmikaia said:

Just click the buyer's name on the top, then click on see profile.

Screenshot_20230630-172942_Fiverr.jpg

with the new profile seems that option is not available anymore... maybe they are doing some tests...

On 6/29/2023 at 9:59 AM, venonusa said:

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 22.23.18 PM.png

• Like 6