Response Rate Issues

spinnekop04

Hi fellow Freelancers!

Are there any other Fiverr users that are seeing an increasing amount of spam messages? I am getting anything from 2 to 5 spam messages per day from seemingly new users who don't know how to use the platform. I have contacted support about this and it was said that if I report these messages, it counts as a response and will therefore not affect my response rate. However, my response rate has now fallen from a constant 96% to 83%. I respond to ALL my messages in a timely manner and am very diligent about this. I even went over all my messages to ensure I didn't miss anything. I know how the response rate system works so it truly does not make sense why my response rate would plummet like that unless the spam messages are to blame. I would like to find out if anyone is having the same issue since contacting support was not able to provide answers.

Regards

• Like 11

56 minutes ago, spinnekop04 said:

Hi fellow Freelancers!

Are there any other Fiverr users that are seeing an increasing amount of spam messages? I am getting anything from 2 to 5 spam messages per day from seemingly new users who don't know how to use the platform. I have contacted support about this and it was said that if I report these messages, it counts as a response and will therefore not affect my response rate. However, my response rate has now fallen from a constant 96% to 83%. I respond to ALL my messages in a timely manner and am very diligent about this. I even went over all my messages to ensure I didn't miss anything. I know how the response rate system works so it truly does not make sense why my response rate would plummet like that unless the spam messages are to blame. I would like to find out if anyone is having the same issue since contacting support was not able to provide answers.

Regards

It's always been on and off for me, but the 'ons' are worse than ever. I always send a quick 'hi' back and then mark it as spam (so not report but mark it as spam). I think (but I'm not sure where the topic is) someone was told that only marking as spam counts, but I honestly prefer to reply even if it's annoying. Could you reach out to CS and show them that you'd only missed spam, though? Maybe they could fix your rate? 

I've been getting a lot of 'sneaky' spam these days, by the way, more than before. People actually seem 'interested' but turn out to be other sellers who want to sell me stuff. The rest are usually just 'give me work' OR just 'give me money' but yeah. 

I do realize that it's impossible to filter out all spammers, but I'd love it if some changes were made to the system since, well, it does get pretty tedious/annoying.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, spinnekop04 said:

Hi fellow Freelancers!

Regards

Good afternoon. I'm new here, but have also encountered this spam problem. In the last 24 hours I got over 30 users spamming me with offers to go to their telegram account or send them my email address. As a rule after a few minutes these users are blocked by the platform, but it doesn't stop them from apparently creating new accounts.

Perhaps it would help to improve the situation if the platform sets a limit on sending new messages to new accounts that for example have not activated a payment method or have not created their own GIG.

Edited by wwwypycc
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, wwwypycc said:

Perhaps it would help to improve the situation if the platform sets a limit on sending new messages to new accounts

Yes, please, but to all accounts, not just to new accounts, replying to 30 spam messages a day takes us with old accounts just as much of our precious limited time on earth as it does new accounts 🕛

• Like 9

2 hours ago, wwwypycc said:

Good afternoon. I'm new here, but have also encountered this spam problem. In the last 24 hours I got over 30 users spamming me with offers to go to their telegram account or send them my email address. As a rule after a few minutes these users are blocked by the platform, but it doesn't stop them from apparently creating new accounts.

Perhaps it would help to improve the situation if the platform sets a limit on sending new messages to new accounts that for example have not activated a payment method or have not created their own GIG.

That is a fantastic idea - to set a limit to new account messages that do not have an active gig or payment method set. As I am writing this reply, I have received my fourth spam message for the day... (sigh)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, miiila said:

Yes, please, but to all accounts, not just to new accounts, replying to 30 spam messages a day takes us with old accounts just as much of our precious limited time on earth as it does new accounts 🕛

You are certainly right. 

As an alternative solution to deal with spam, I think the Fiverr platform could also just use different versions of captcha before sending each next message to a new contact beyond a reasonable limit.

Edited by wwwypycc
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, spinnekop04 said:

That is a fantastic idea - to set a limit to new account messages that do not have an active gig or payment method set. As I am writing this reply, I have received my fourth spam message for the day... (sigh)

Thank you. I have analyzed the work of the spammers on this platform from the messages I have received and I see that their goal is to motivate normal users to go to telegram or get an email address.

What do you think they might be doing that for? Are they trying to get personal information in this way or will they continue to fraudulently try to get our money outside of the platform?
Or is this such a deceptive way to get hold of the seller's account data on this plafthorm? 

• Like 7