New update: Buyers will soon be able to quallifying canceled orders...but sellers won't?

nikoleta_dev

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

You are only looking at one side. Would the buyer's perspective be something like, I ordered, sent requirements and received terrible work. This seller could not perform what I needed?"  As a result, the buyer loses his time, misses deadlines and is late to market. Does this sound like something fair?

You are making my point. Every seller who receives a cancellation blames the inept buyer who cannot appreciate the perfect delivery that was provided. This is the "infallible buyer fantasy" we hear about every day in the forum from sellers who, in their minds, only provide "immaculate, perfection" yet still suffer cancellations. It makes no sense. 

What about sellers time, efforts and multiple works, including abusing... fiver can do anything for that??? This way buyer can force and abuse and blackmail to get more and more works in free.. 

Even if you are employee or freelancer.. you cant fulfill everyone needs... This way buyer can get easily refund and still they can harm seller's business.. so how you are thinking, this is beneficial for both buyers and sellers..

Edited by shayaan499
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, strategist_ceo said:

one seller account is owned by a single person. 

We both know a lot of individual sellers are outsourcing. So yeah, they take the order and they act as an agency. But in their description they say only "me", "my samples", etc, when it's clear from reviews that a lot of buyers say "their team", etc. So there's a huge lack of honesty here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, strategist_ceo said:

Fiverr now displays the name of an individual as an indication that one seller account is owned by a single person. 

Considering that the platform has not yet approved accounts operated by a group of talented individuals or as an agency, I propose that these accounts should be thoroughly reviewed and assessed for compliance.

I can tell you that I'm sure they have no problem with it. That's the idea behind studios. 

https://blog.fiverr.com/post/introducing-fiverr-studios

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenasemenkova said:

What happens if I initiate the cancellation because the buyer didn’t bother to read the gig requirements or read them and decided to ignore them? Or if the buyer initiates the cancellation because they consider the requirements stupid and myself unreasonable for asking questions? 

Buyers will be able to rate cancelled orders if the seller is late, unresponsive, or if they're not satisfied with the delivery. None of it applies to the scenarios you've described.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, shayaan499 said:

This way buyer can force and abuse and blackmail

Blackmail can only occur if you let it happen to you. Typically, there are warning signs that you should recognize early on, which should prompt you to cancel a project before it begins. If you discover a client's questionable behavior only at the end, it may be best to accept the loss and move on.

Fortunately, such clients are rare. Rest assured, the majority of buyers are fair and trustworthy in their dealings. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shayaan499 said:

What about sellers time, efforts and mutiple works

If the work is poor quality then no compensation is deserved.

2 minutes ago, shayaan499 said:

including abusing.

Completely different topic. No one should be abused, but many people use it as an excuse to avoid conversations. If real, report to CS.

3 minutes ago, shayaan499 said:

This way buyer can force and abuse and blackmail to get more and more works in free.. 

No one can blackmail you unless you allow it.  Saying NO has a real superpower. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I can tell you that I'm sure they have no problem with it. That's the idea behind studios. 

https://blog.fiverr.com/post/introducing-fiverr-studios

It is time to terminate all unapproved accounts operating as "studios." This action ensures that only authorized studios have access to the platform and its resources.

Individual accounts = one individual.

Studios = many.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This new policy is wildly exploitable.

Plain and simple.

It also just seems unnecessary.

In the past, there really wasn't much of an issue because a cancelled order essentially worked to the benefit of both parties:

The buyer didn't have to pay, and the seller could avoid a bad review.

Admittedly...
Sometimes buyers are the issue.
Sometimes sellers are the issue.
Sometimes it's mutual.

But regardless, cancellation is a pretty fair trade... no review left, no payment issued.

And yet, it was still one-sided, because cancellation often affected "cancellation rate", which could put a seller's hard-won level ranking in jeopardy.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

So no, it would probably be better to stick with the status quo on this one.

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

There is no reason to ask the seller, because as we see here in the forum, every single cancellation, from the seller's point of view is unjust and "for no reason."

That's a fairly broad generalization, newsmike. I can tell you that I do recognize quite a lot of my earlier work is subpar and cringey. And I haven't always been 100% happy with my current work; perhaps I might look back at some of it in the future with a similar degree of cringiness... but regardless...

You've been very aggressive, short-tempered, and sometimes rude to people in this thread.

I'm not sure why you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, but you could probably make your arguments better if they were administered with less vinegar and more sugar. 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, themarineiguana said:

You've been very aggressive, short-tempered, and sometimes rude to people in this thread.

He demonstrates a straightforward approach and prioritizes candid honesty, which is commendable.

I love blunt honesty.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Saying NO has a real superpower. 

Well,...sometimes it leads to a retaliatory 1-star review.

@strategist_ceo Since I've capped my responses for the day, ...that's not what happened. I did not commit to any future work/orders at all. I wanted to stick to the current task/order at hand and finalize it before negotiating that and was clear in my communication it was the case. I did not want him to use the current order as any sort of leverage for manipulation.

See, that's the problem with not being able to view seller responses on the profile page.

You're only getting what the super honest, sexy supermodel SEO strategist had to say. How you can't see that confuses me, honestly. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, themarineiguana said:

This new policy is wildly exploitable.

Plain and simple.

It also just seems unnecessary.

In the past, there really wasn't much of an issue because a cancelled order essentially worked to the benefit of both parties:

The buyer didn't have to pay, and the seller could avoid a bad review.

Admittedly...
Sometimes buyers are the issue.
Sometimes sellers are the issue.
Sometimes it's mutual.

But regardless, cancellation is a pretty fair trade... no review left, no payment issued.

And yet, it was still one-sided, because cancellation often affected "cancellation rate", which could put a seller's hard-won level ranking in jeopardy.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

So no, it would probably be better to stick with the status quo on this one.

That's a fairly broad generalization, newsmike. I can tell you that I do recognize quite a lot of my earlier work is subpar and cringey. And I haven't always been 100% happy with my current work; perhaps I might look back at some of it in the future with a similar degree of cringiness... but regardless...

I'm not sure why you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, but you could probably make your arguments better if they were administered with less vinegar and more sugar. 😉

Darn, and your opinion of me is so very important to me. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Fiverr should remove the option of order cancellation after initial delivery. because seller has put in a lot of effort and deserve to be paid as much as buyer deserve to share their feedback. that would be the most authentic feedback.
Or at least there should be option of partial refund that seller and buyer can mutually agree.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mandyzines said:

Well,...sometimes it leads to a retaliatory 1-star review.

It is unfortunate that you received a one-star review due to blocking a buyer without having a conversation. In my opinion, politely saying "No" might have been a valid reason to contact customer service and request the removal of the review.

I would have negotiated a price, and if the buyer is unwilling to agree, I would simply decline their future orders. Instead, you opted to accept two of their orders and block them without any explanation (based on my assumption on the context of that review). Naturally, this might leave the buyer feeling upset.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, newsmike said:

Better than cowering to blackmail or threats, no? Gotta be able to look in the mirror. 

True, but I guess it's not so bad when you aren't relatively new to Fiverr and have enough to counter their attack in the eyes of the algorithm boss. If you're level one, it can send you into the dungeon for quite some time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, alyssa_18 said:

option of partial refund that seller and buyer can mutually agree.

I can already see people abusing this, buyers threatening sellers they will receive a bad review if they don't give half or more of the money back.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, donnovan86 said:

I can already see people abusing this, buyers threatening sellers they will receive a bad review if they don't give half or more of the money back.

yeah, and now they would get to leave a review as well. 
so better not offer refund at al..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, alyssa_18 said:

yeah, and now they would get to leave a review as well. 

If you read the article, you'll see that first time buyers can't leave a review. So only repeat buyers can leave a review on canceled orders. I am sure they know how this measure would bring lots of potential issues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm okay with it. Provided it is used as intended, it should help "weed out" some of the um, less qualified people on the platform. 

I think it will give those of us who work hard to finish gigs on time, and as ordered, a bit of an edge.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

If you read the article, you'll see that first time buyers can't leave a review.

i don't think it make any difference, most of the buyers already have 1 or more orders done. 

Also On a review of a canceled order, there is no option for the seller to rate the buyer.  which seems to be biased.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's certainly refreshing to see that buyers can now leave reviews for cancelled orders. After all, this is standard practice elsewhere. 

Even after cancelling an order, I could still have had a terrible experience, and I should be able to let the community know.

But as is the norm with other platforms, businesses ought to respond to any negative feedback they receive. It's only fair. I haven't had the time to read everything yet, but from what I understand, we won't be able to review the buyer, but we can respond to the review. 

This is another good argument to get Seller Plus, giving you insights into a buyer's order completion. 

There's a clear reason behind this decision, in my opinion.

You see, some sellers – those who have an inflated sense of their own perfection yet serve up nothing more than mediocrity – shouldn't have the privilege of publicly shaming customers who've had poor experiences at their hands, on the customer's profile.

That should be fairly easy to understand. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, strategist_ceo said:

A single seller account should represent one individual offering their services, ensuring a fair marketplace for everyone. It is imperative that Fiverr identifies and removes any sellers who do not adhere to this principle in order to maintain a trustworthy and balanced platform.

This is unlikely to happen as it is precisely those agencies that make Fiverr millions of dollars a year. These are usually Pro-vetted sellers, managed by a personal Customer Manager that supports the team in delivering quality work. They typically started out as individual sellers, but the workload increased to the point of having to set up this kind of system– after all, declining work for lack of resources would be losing money. But I don't think we're adding to the original conversation. I hope it gave you a bit of an insight. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alyssa_18 said:

i don't think it make any difference, most of the buyers already have 1 or more orders done. 

Buyers NEW TO YOU can't leave a review. So only return buyers can leave a review for the canceled order. If you worked with the person before and it was fine but the second order you have from them gets canceled, that's when they can review the canceled order. First time buyers can't do that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Buyers NEW TO YOU can't leave a review. So only return buyers can leave a review for the canceled order. If you worked with the person before and it was fine but the second order you have from them gets canceled, that's when they can review the canceled order. First time buyers can't do that.

if that's the case they its fine, but I didn't find repeat buyers in the article. 
i thought its for the buyers who are new to the Fiverr. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1