Free sample

faiqaali152

Question

I get messages of buyers they asks me to design free samples for their company. Then they will decide to order or not.

Once i designed a free sample logo for a buyer after i showed them he blocked me.

What to do in such situations when we dont know intentions of buyers that they are legit or spam. 

• Like 18
  • Sad 3
  • Up 2

9 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, faiqaali152 said:

I get messages of buyers they asks me to design free samples for their company. Then they will decide to order or not.

Once i designed a free sample logo for a buyer after i showed them he blocked me.

What to do in such situations when we dont know intentions of buyers that they are legit or spam. 

Check the buyer profile first. They are new on Fiverr or they say contact others. If they are new on Fiverr better to ignore them.

Thank you 🙂

• Like 15
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, faiqaali152 said:

Don't work for free.

You can politely inform those people (I'm not going to say "buyers", because they're only buyers if they actually buy) that Fiverr strongly recommends that sellers never start working before the order is placed.

Even better, offer to do a small paid sample for $5 or $10, so they can assess whether your style works for them. If they're unwilling to spend $5 or $10 on a sample, it's highly unlikely that they intend to buy; they're just looking for inexperienced freelancers they can scam to work for free.

• Like 16
  • Up 4

7 hours ago, faiqaali152 said:

You should have added a large watermark so that they cannot use it without you permission.

• Like 12

it is better to discuss his requirements and  if you can do the job you can confirm about his job history etc. then you can asked him to pay and then i start the order but some clients ask few sellers to submit samples and select best one to do the job. then you can send sample with basic design concepts or your previous one. if seller ask to submit exactly the job he want, it is not recommend by the fiverr. 

Best thing to say goodbye to the client

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, faiqaali152 said:

if a buyer wants a sample send it with your watermark ( when you do this, be sneaky to put the watermark that cannot be edited ), and most important if anyone asks for samples, just say please look at my gig images. if he refuses to do that block him/her or report 

• Like 10