My account got restricted for violating terms and conditions. NEEP HELP!

kushh_verma

Question

My account got restricted today. And the reason which fiverr said is spamming. Now to give you all a context, I am a Level One Seller on fiverr and I have been approaching different sellers on fiverr and offering them my services, like i approached a social media manager, she was top rated and I offered her that I can assist her with my services but she straight up reported me. There is nothing I am spamming, I am just approaching different seller and offering my services, fiverr would only get benefitted if the outreach gets succesful. I don't know what to do, there is a lot of hard work that has gone to reach at the stage that I am right now. Please help!

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

17 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, kushh_verma said:

My account got restricted today. And the reason which fiverr said is spamming. Now to give you all a context, I am a Level One Seller on fiverr and I have been approaching different sellers on fiverr and offering them my services, like i approached a social media manager, she was top rated and I offered her that I can assist her with my services but she straight up reported me. There is nothing I am spamming, I am just approaching different seller and offering my services, fiverr would only get benefitted if the outreach gets succesful. I don't know what to do, there is a lot of hard work that has gone to reach at the stage that I am right now. Please help!

you can NOT do that! it violate Fiverr TOS

• Like 14
  • Up 3

14 minutes ago, kushh_verma said:

No no no ... you have to play by the rules, AKA Fiverr's Terms of Service (TOS) Read them

• Like 11
  • Up 2

So you're saying it's not spam but imagine being on the other side. Do you think you are the only one with the brilliant idea of reaching out to TRS to try and market yourself?

(No. You're not.)

Not sure what you can do other than wait if you'll get your account back but honestly, depending on how many people reported you, you might not get it back. If you do, learn from this situation and stop sending messages to others. 

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 12
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, kushh_verma said:

My account got restricted today. And the reason which fiverr said is spamming.

I have been approaching different sellers on fiverr and offering them my services

That's the very definition of spamming. Sorry, but you should have known better. 

• Like 13
  • Up 1

22 minutes ago, kushh_verma said:

@katakatica when I approached her, she was extremely rude and said that I am going to report you and then on the message section, a message appeared that I can no longer contact her, simply meaning she reported me

Yup, that definitely suggests that she did. There's a chance that others did as well and just didn't block you (or even one flag is enough to restrict you.)

Honestly, you're not the victim here. While I try to handle every interaction with grace, I've been somewhat upset with spam as well, and told people off for it. Imagine having 10 people message you with the same spiel every day. Even if someone is a tad different, you likely won't care, and rightfully so.

You might get your account back if you didn't spam much, but I want to make sure you understand that YOU were in the wrong, not the people you spammed. That way, if you get it back, you won't do it again.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

@kushh_verma people will be rude because they are bombarded with this nonsense constantly and are fed up with it.

Here are examples, and it is incessant.

#1 Please, sir, send me 200$. I need to feed my family.

#2 Dear send me some of your orders. You have too many. Give me. 

#3 I need an order. order me

#4, please give me an order ( from a person with no gigs)

#5 I have spare kidney. If you need, please contact me.

it is against the TOS and community standards here https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

which you agreed to when you signed up.

The person you contacted blocked you. it does not mean they reported you, but if they had any sense they did, along with everyone else you spammed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kushh_verma said:

i approached a social media manager, she was top rated and I offered her that I can assist her with my services but she straight up reported me. 

Sending unsolicited messages to other sellers or buyers is spam. 

Think about it. If you're getting lots of messages every day from new sellers trying to push their services on you, it means you have to spend your precious time answering people who are basically looking for freebies and jobs, without putting in any real work.

When you reach out to a top seller (or any other seller), it's like you're saying, "Hey, I don't want to work for my success. Please give me some of yours."

And this is to someone who has probably put in a lot of sweat and time to become successful on the platform.

After years of receiving such worthless "offers", it's increasingly frustrating to see the amount of spam increase on the platform.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 11
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

That was a list:

Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

Offering to take someone's work from them is exceptionally rude, especially in freelancing communities. You are questioning their skill and abilities, suggesting that they are replaceable and that you are as good as or even better than them. 

The decision is up to Fiverr Support.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, kushh_verma said:

Please help and guide. I am attatching the screenshot for the same

If your account is under review, the only course of action is to wait until the review process is completed.

• Like 3