Account flag, proves the platform's system faillure

Hello everyone,

I have recently received an email from Fiverr, mentioning that I'm no longer eligible for level 1 status. It turns out that my account was "flagged".
After contacting the customer service several times, and receiving automated responses. An agent explained that the reason is that an account that was "connected" to my account was disabled for violating the TOS.
I tried to explain to him that I only have one account which is the case for real, while they kept saying that the case was reviewed by a relevent team. 
My question is, do Fiverr know that there is something called a shared connection, and that multiple devices can have the same public IP address by using the same public WiFi ? Or they are just banning people based on suspicion ?
I have been working effotlessly on this account for more than 2 years, conforming to the platform's policy, and this is how I am going to be rewarded ?

It is really annoying when they just ignore your messages and close tickets without responding !!
If you have experienced a similar situation, please leave your experience in a comment so our voice would be heard.

image.png.6d783e56d6809af5cc039bcf7bdef318.png

• Like 2
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, amine_badri said:

Hello everyone,

I have recently received an email from Fiverr, mentioning that I'm no longer eligible for level 1 status. It turns out that my account was "flagged".
After contacting the customer service several times, and receiving automated responses. An agent explained that the reason is that an account that was "connected" to my account was disabled for violating the TOS.
I tried to explain to him that I only have one account which is the case for real, while they kept saying that the case was reviewed by a relevent team. 
My question is, do Fiverr know that there is something called a shared connection, and that multiple devices can have the same public IP address by using the same public WiFi ? Or they are just banning people based on suspicion ?
I have been working effotlessly on this account for more than 2 years, conforming to the platform's policy, and this is how I am going to be rewarded ?

It is really annoying when they just ignore your messages and close tickets without responding !!
If you have experienced a similar situation, please leave your experience in a comment so our voice would be heard.

image.png.6d783e56d6809af5cc039bcf7bdef318.png

Contact @Lena or Fiverr support team

• Up 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, amine_badri said:

They said they reviewed it multiple times, and your account is connected to another account in some way. Maybe the payment method is used by another account, there has to be something. Even if AI will stop gigs/accounts when something might appear to be breaking the rules, there's still a manual check being done. So it's very odd here, I think there's some info we don't know that Fiverr has access to..

• Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2024 at 2:34 AM, wordpresssp said:

So you used public wifi?

Yeah, I generally use public wifi a lot

On 6/21/2024 at 7:52 AM, donnovan86 said:

They said they reviewed it multiple times, and your account is connected to another account in some way. Maybe the payment method is used by another account, there has to be something. Even if AI will stop gigs/accounts when something might appear to be breaking the rules, there's still a manual check being done. So it's very odd here, I think there's some info we don't know that Fiverr has access to..

I am 100% sure that nor my payment methor nor my personnal info is connected to another account.
The only thing left is the IP address.

Edited by amine_badri

Posted (edited)

They should give more info showing what evidence they have to allow you to dispute their findings.  It's unfair if they aren't telling you specifics.

If you're opening new tickets - try and post in the existing tickets instead of opening new ones if you can.

You can try and see if staff on the forum will help.

The privacy page talks about IP address stuff that might give clues about what they're checking, though like has been said, it also might be related to payment info. You could stop using public wifi while using Fiverr to reduce the chance of getting future warnings for it if it was because of that (though you could explain to Fiverr that you were using that - though you might already have done).

Maybe you could ask for data Fiverr has about you (related to this) under Morocco's data protection laws.

eg. those laws say:

The personal data must be processed in accordance with the following principles:

• Treated fairly and lawfully;
  • Collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes;
  • Adequate, relevant and not excessive;
  • Accurate and necessary and kept up-to-date;

So they might not have accurate info if they're stating false things and not giving you the full info or giving fair treatment if not giving evidence about the claimed rule breaking.

See: https://www.fiverr.com/legal-portal/privacy/privacy-policy

We also, collect, use and process the information relating to such usage, including geo-location information, IP address, device and connection information, operating system, session duration, language, currency and keyboard setting, browser information and web-log information, and the URLs of the web pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Site. We also collect and process information relating to the use of cookies and similar technologies, as detailed below.

Additionally, in order to improve your online experience at Fiverr, we have implemented impression reporting. While you view our ads, we gather user Global Unique Identifier, HTTP request data like, user agent, IP, host, URL, country/continent from which request made, browser info, device/operating system/operating system version.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1