Update: Display Name in your profile! Mandatory!

Zahid I.

34 minutes ago, topaz_muse said:

I would love some clarity on this new edition; especially since it's mandatory. What will happen if we don't set a display name?

How I take it is that if you leave the display name as it is, it will simply be the same as your username/gig name. This new ability to change your display name, to your real name, gives buyers a name that they can address you by. It does seem to be mandatory and I am not aware of what will happen if you don't change it. However, if you do not feel comfortable using your real name you can always use a pen name as it states here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/13409224346257#h_01GTH5Z69QTQG58YB8DJF62QR2

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by klassiclogos
  • Like 18
  • Up 4

• 3 weeks later...

This feature is not a big change but for personal preference, it's a good idea to add this feature. My username is fullstackrasel, because I can't find the username that I  want to save. When I have completed a project and the buyer gives me feedback for the project he called me fullstackrasel which is not my name. With this feature the problem is solved and when a buyer gives feedback he called the exact name that the seller wants to show. Thanks for this feature.

• Like 21
  • Congrats! 2

This is definitely a good-to-have feature. Either put your name or your brand name out there. You do have the option to leave the field blank and just go with your username (personal preference). 

Earlier, some sellers asked for my name to address me while others preferred using my username (writinghome)...but now, this bottleneck is taken care of. Thanks Fiverr for this option.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 6:09 PM, leannelrivers said:

I think it's a decent little feature to have, especially for those sellers who now regret choosing permanent user names like dogfarts1234. That's not a real seller name (I hope), but y'know what I mean. 

ROFL! That post made my day 🤪

• Like 9
  • Haha 2