Advice please. I sent file to the wrong buyer.

shifan

Hi,

I accidentally sent some files to the wrong buyer.  Is there a way to remove them?

I contacted the CS. But don't know if they will remove them or not. Did any of you had any similar experience? It would be really help me at this moment.

They both have similar profile pictures. It was my first time since I started on Fiverr. It's really bothers.

Any advice from you will really help me.

Thank you

Shifan 🙂 

• Like 11
  • Confused 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Did you send that file through inbox or through order page? 

DO you have an activ order with both buyers ?

There is no way to remove or edit sent messages and If that file are not personal then its fine.

Just inform that buyer to disregard the old sent file and re send new one with new message and explain that it was mistake.

But if you have delivered the wrong file to other buyer then its serious..you either need to deliever the right file to that buyer soon and explain the issue-mistake or ask him to put that order back in revision and take a responsibilty to deliver the promised file on agreed time.

This may lead to TOS violation if buyer reach out to fiverr CS with this matter so you need to react fast and explain things to your buyer.

• Like 12
  • Up 7

If you put the buyer's name at the start of each delivery file and had the buyers files in their own folder on your device (I assume you do that though) then that should reduce the chance of giving the wrong file to a buyer. eg. so you can check the file name against the username shown on the order page before delivering it.

• Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It's good that you have contacted customer support, as they will be able to assist you further. They will likely be able to help you remove the files from the wrong buyer's account. In the future, it may be helpful to double-check the buyer's profile information before sending files to ensure that you are sending them to the correct person. I hope this helps!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Contact fiverr support. Describe how sensitive the file was. Then they might remove it.

Normally, I remove all previous chats. Then I see only current buyers. Then less chances to mistake like this.

In my case, I sent wrong file to buyer and he assumed me as non serious...

That is great tip. Thank you 🙂

I have contacted the CS. But they still didn't informed me if is removed or not. I can still see the files in the inbox.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, surajrenuka said:

Did you send that file through inbox or through order page? 

DO you have an activ order with both buyers ?

There is no way to remove or edit sent messages and If that file are not personal then its fine.

Just inform that buyer to disregard the old sent file and re send new one with new message and explain that it was mistake.

But if you have delivered the wrong file to other buyer then its serious..you either need to deliever the right file to that buyer soon and explain the issue-mistake or ask him to put that order back in revision and take a responsibilty to deliver the promised file on agreed time.

This may lead to TOS violation if buyer reach out to fiverr CS with this matter so you need to react fast and explain things to your buyer.

It was through inbox. I normally don't offer source files in my order as part of the delivery. This is done to avoidconfusing the buyer with so many files and in case they ask for any changes then there is no point sending the source files. So I send them after they are clear with the files.

Both of them have similar names, and had active orders.

I informed the buyer to disregard the message. Still waiting to know of the outcome from CS.

Thank you for your valuable input.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

14 hours ago, uk1000 said:

If you put the buyer's name at the start of each delivery file and had the buyers files in their own folder on your device (I assume you do that though) then that should reduce the chance of giving the wrong file to a buyer. eg. so you can check the file name against the username shown on the order page before delivering it.

Yeah have separate folders. Sometimes thongs happen 😁

Thank you.

• Like 9