Oh dear

theratypist

I had some extra time on my hands and wanted to do some digging on the topic last week (which by the way has died down and the current hot topic is on Chat GPT 🤣).

This group has close to 300,000 members. 

There is A LOT going on in this group, from gig exchanges to selling accounts.

There are of course authentic gig postings there but the majority of the page is a mess. To which I'm not surprised one of the resident forum trolls (who has been active lately) posted an ad here. I doubt they got buyers because they simply liked their own post. Lol!

And someone is making a profit on whatever this course is haha!

1.thumb.png.d7b519d14ec07d728545c3d46df9fe97.png'

2.png.d018fef6a1acf4b20bf7d0b0633c972f.png

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, theratypist said:

To which I'm not surprised one of the resident forum trolls (who has been active lately) posted an ad here. I doubt they got buyers because they simply liked their own post. Lol!

How sad! 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, theratypist said:

This group has close to 300,000 members. 

There is A LOT going on in this group, from gig exchanges to selling accounts.

I just spent a few minutes scrolling through that page.  Wow!  I could feel my blood boiling. 

It's like the criminal underworld of Fiverr.   😀

When bad practices like this are done on such a scale, it not only becomes brand damaging, it makes a laughing stock of the company.  

It once again highlights @newsmike comment about having a paywall for this platform before it's too late. 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

10 minutes ago, breals said:

I just spent a few minutes scrolling through that page.  Wow!  I could feel my blood boiling. 

When bad practices like this are done on such a scale, it not only becomes brand damaging, it makes a laughing stock of the company.  

It once again highlights @newsmike comment about having a paywall for this platform before it's too late. 

The saddest thing is that I just looked at a gig that promises for $45 you can talk to a dead relative. It saddens me that someone who has lost a child or parent will be ripped off by carnival snake charmer. They will be humiliated while their grief is exploited for a profit. Despicable. 

Fiver needs to just pull the plug on the vertical like they did with writing academic papers. It's just wrong. Why else would Fiverr's legal department make them post this on these bollocks gigs?

image.thumb.png.88f3e6d867a921b44061f936bd6e48e4.png

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

The saddest thing is that I just looked at a gig that promises for $45 you can talk to a dead relative. It saddens me that someone who has lost a child or parent will be ripped off by carnival snake charmer. They will be humiliated while their grief is exploited for a profit. Despicable. 

Fiver needs to just pull the plug on the vertical like they did with writing academic papers. It's just wrong. Why else would Fiverr's legal department make them post this on these bollocks gigs?

image.thumb.png.88f3e6d867a921b44061f936bd6e48e4.png

That's like selling smoke. And the saddest part is the people who buy it are somewhat desperate. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, breals said:

I did too. I wanted to post something about the thousands of sellers recently banned from Fiverr for doing the same thing members of that group were doing. 

• Like 7

that page has been there for some time and its generally, mostly, full of idiots. I suspect that gig ranking course is probably just stuff taken from the forum. If you go through enough you see people offering services and then people complaining nothing was done or it didn't work.  There is far worse than that including the other  page connected to what people got banned for where they were and are providing tools ands methods & reviews for sale. Some of the services being offered are disturbing in what they claimed.  I came across somewhere else selling TRS accounts with escrow and offering services to remove sellers as well. literally.

• Like 3
  • Up 1