Fiverr says W-9 information is approved, but I'm not a U.S. person.

Fiverr send this message to me by email.

I searched about the w-9 form, and it is only required for U.S. citizens. But I'm not. Neither lives in the U.S. Also, I didn't write that document.

I wonder if something is going wrong with me.

explain.png

• Like 1

If Fiverr is requesting W-9 information from you, it may be because you are a seller on their platform and are receiving payments from U.S. buyers. In this case, you would need to provide a W-9 form to Fiverr in order to receive payments.

However, if you are not a U.S. person (e.g. you are not a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or resident alien), you are not required to complete a W-9 form. Instead, you should provide Fiverr with a W-8BEN form, which certifies your non-U.S. status and allows you to claim a reduced rate of, or exemption from, U.S. withholding tax.

If you have already provided Fiverr with a W-9 form, but you are not a U.S. person, you should contact Fiverr to inform them of the mistake and provide them with the correct form (W-8BEN).

I hope this helps clarify the situation. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Are you associated with this website?

Of course they are. They sneak a link to that website into literally every post on the forum. Backlink building? So far, as far as I can tell, nothing was done about it.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 1