Jump to content
  • 0

How much time does a buyer have to request a cancellation or revisions on an order AFTER it is automatically marked as 'complete' ? Please Help


masseykev
 Share

Question

I am the seller asking this question, 'Fiverr customer support' cancelled my order AFTER it was marked as complete automatically because the buyer did not respond to my delivery and did not ask for a revision for 3 days AFTER the delivery, the buyer requested the fiver customer support for a refund and my hard earned money was 'returned' to the buyer, Fiverr deducted my HARD EARNED MONEY and gave it to the buyer BREAKING their own RULES, I want the Fiverr Community to please respond to this Unfair decision taken by Fiverr Customer Support. 

FIVERR HELP clearly mentions the rules on their 'What does my order status mean?' article.

I am attaching a screenshot below which proves that my order was completed.

PLEASE HELP

order marked as complete.JPG

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 4

There is no timeline.

I had a buyer ask customer support for a cancellation 6 months after the order was placed. And Fiverr gave it to him because there's no way to force someone to accept an order. They did reimburse me because they said it's not ok they asked for a refund after already doing lots and lots of other orders in the meantime. So it's not like it took 6 months to check the content. They just wanted some extra money from other orders and started refunding old stuff. 

So as you can see, there is no clear deadline. 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

There is no timeline.

I had a buyer ask customer support for a cancellation 6 months after the order was placed. And Fiverr gave it to him because there's no way to force someone to accept an order. They did reimburse me because they said it's not ok they asked for a refund after already doing lots and lots of other orders in the meantime. So it's not like it took 6 months to check the content. They just wanted some extra money from other orders and started refunding old stuff. 

So as you can see, there is no clear deadline. 

Thank you for replying donnovan86, it helps a lot, my issue is that Fiver can refund anyone its their choice but why deduct my money? and why is my cancellation rate being affected ?, it is a shame to see this that Fiverr allows this type of practice, I hope I get paid. Thanks again.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
26 minutes ago, masseykev said:

but why deduct my money?

They gave that money back to your buyer. Check to see if the buyer is still on the Fiverr platform. If not, they may have done a chargeback, and CS will delete their account for that.

 

 

28 minutes ago, masseykev said:

why is my cancellation rate being affected ?

It is affected because Fiverr wants the buyers to be happy, and cancellation means they were unsatisfied with your delivery.

30 minutes ago, masseykev said:

I hope I get paid.

Good luck!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, masseykev said:

it is a shame to see this that Fiverr allows this type of practice, I hope I get paid

It is indeed surprising that the order was canceled after completion. However, it may be that the work is unsatisfactory, or that your client lost confidence in your ability to deliver quality work.

Contrary to the belief of some sellers, it is difficult for a buyer to ask for a cancellation; I have had cancellations as a buyer and each time the customer service asked me to talk to the seller and once asked me to write a report about what was wrong with the delivered work. (Some problems require special knowledge in order to be understood, which is understandable)

However, if the work is of inferior quality, the customer service representative will not hesitate to cancel the order.

Edited by strategist_ceo
Clarity
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, strategist_ceo said:

However, if the work is of inferior quality, the customer service representative will not hesitate to cancel the order.

Well when that person canceled a 6-month old they didn't say anything and CS said they had no choice but to refund. Who knows, really. That was last year so I assume things changed a bit. Still, anyone can claim the work is of inferior quality and CS can't judge it so..

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
53 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

when that person canceled a 6-month old they didn't say anything and CS said they had no choice but to refund. Who knows, really. That was last year so I assume things changed a bit.

For me, canceling an order has been a trying experience. The difference between your situation and the one described in the original post is that Customer Service deemed your work of quality, but the client did not. Customer Service therefore reimbursed you for the work but accepted the request for a refund. It seems that the customer service representative's offer was a good-will gesture, perhaps made on the advice of their superiors to appease a repeat customer who may have made many purchases.

My assumption is that the delivered work was subpar and the buyer lost confidence in his (thread starter) ability to deliver; The assumption is made after I visit his profile / gigs and find that miscommunication seems likely.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...