I have never had a customer request a revision like this and I don't know what to do

sissiwedgwood

Question

I delivered a very complex website that I have worked very hard on. The buyer says he's out of the country and is asking for 60 (SIXTY) Days to review the website and ask for revisions. This is very unfair to me and I hope that Fiverr will step in and mark the project as complete. This is unfair and unreasonable.

We have communicated throughout the design process and I have done EVERYTHING requested. He has repeatedly said how much he likes it. 

I tried to call someone at Fiverr but I can't find a number that actually works. This is very distressing to me and I don't know what to do about it. 

• Like 10
  • Up 1

11 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, sissiwedgwood said:

I delivered a very complex website that I have worked very hard on. The buyer says he's out of the country and is asking for 60 (SIXTY) Days to review the website and ask for revisions. This is very unfair to me and I hope that Fiverr will step in and mark the project as complete. This is unfair and unreasonable.

We have communicated throughout the design process and I have done EVERYTHING requested. He has repeatedly said how much he likes it. 

I tried to call someone at Fiverr but I can't find a number that actually works. This is very distressing to me and I don't know what to do about it. 

That's just not how the revision system is meant to work. A buyer can request a revision if the delivery didn't correspond to the gig description and/or custom offer. They can't ask for revisions without actually telling you what they need changed. Whenever I get empty revision requests, I simply re-deliver and refer the buyer to the terms of service, specifically, this part: 

image.png.59615fa404fa4243151d600971dea458.png

This is a clear case of misuse of the revision button. 

@newsmike had a great response to this one. You'll find it below: 

"When you joined fiverr you agreed to their terms of service (TOS) and it is very clear as to why you cannot abuse the revision request system.  

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Continuing to press the modification/revision button but not actually requesting revisions is a violation of TOS and if you persist, I will be forced to report you to fiverr trust & safety who may take actions up to, and including disabling your account."

I wouldn't use the above one unless the buyer abuses the button again. Instead, I'd try the friendly approach first: 

"Unfortunately, the revision feature may only be used when accompanied by a description of what you want me to revise. Unless you can provide that information at this time, I'll have to re-deliver this order. If/when you need changes made to the project in the future, please know that I'm available to help and any included revisions will still be valid down the road, if for some reason, the work does not correspond to my gig description/custom offer/, as per the terms of service here on Fiverr." 

If that doesn't work, Newsmike's response is my escalation point. Customer support won't actually force a buyer to accept the order, so you risk getting into a tug of war with the buyer. In that case, it's simply a matter of who's the most stubborn. In my case, it's usually me. 😛 

Keep in mind that customer support can't force your buyer to accept the delivery. You can't call Fiverr – the only way to get in touch with support is via the ticketing system found here: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/ or via their e-mail, support@fiverr.com - but keep in mind that most tickets get a response sooner than if you send a regular e-mail. 

Best of luck! 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 10
  • Up 3

45 minutes ago, sissiwedgwood said:

You are well within your rights to tell him that the standard is that there are 3 days to request revisions, after which a new order would need to be placed. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 14

5 minutes ago, newsmike said:

You are well within your rights to tell him that they standard is that there are 3 days to request revisions, after which a new order would need to be placed. 

I think he may be trying to get someone to copy the site at a lower fee. I just do not trust him any longer. Thank you for your response. It is very helpful.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

That's just not how the revision system is meant to work. A buyer can request a revision if the delivery didn't correspond to the gig description and/or custom offer. They can't ask for revisions without actually telling you what they need changed. Whenever I get empty revision requests, I simply re-deliver and refer the buyer to the terms of service, specifically, this part: 

"When you joined fiverr you agreed to their terms of service (TOS) and it is very clear as to why you cannot abuse the revision request system.  

Continuing to press the modification/revision button but not actually requesting revisions is a violation of TOS and if you persist, I will be forced to report you to fiverr trust & safety who may take actions up to, and including disabling your account."

I wouldn't use the above one unless the buyer abuses the button again. Instead, I'd try the friendly approach first: 

"Unfortunately, the revision feature may only be used when accompanied by a description of what you want me to revise. Unless you can provide that information at this time, I'll have to re-deliver this order. If/when you need changes made to the project in the future, please know that I'm available to help and any included revisions will still be valid down the road, if for some reason, the work does not correspond to my gig description/custom offer/, as per the terms of service here on Fiverr." 

If that doesn't work, Newsmike's response is my escalation point. Customer support won't actually force a buyer to accept the order, so you risk getting into a tug of war with the buyer. In that case, it's simply a matter of who's the most stubborn. In my case, it's usually me. 😛 

Best of luck! 

Thank you! This makes perfect sense. I believe he's trying to get the site copied at a lower fee. I have removed his login access to the site.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, sissiwedgwood said:

Thank you! This makes perfect sense. I believe he's trying to get the site copied at a lower fee. I have removed his login access to the site.

I would think that the fair thing to do is to resend everything and obviously have the order complete. However, I will tell you this, I had someone come back 6 months after the order was complete (she didn't rate it), went to customer support and all of a sudden I see the order got canceled. So yes, buyers can go to customer support and ask for an order to be canceled behind your back, months after it happened. That being said, Fiverr did reimburse me the money, so as long as you do everything as the buyer requested, there's no need to worry. At worst you will face what I faced, and I hope no one deals with that. I was shocked to see an order from half a year earlier to be canceled, that's just too random :))

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

When it comes to customer support cancelling orders: document everything. Document each step in your work process, ensure you keep backups, copies and screenshots when relevant. If support cancels your order, at least you can prove that you did the work, and it can also help if you take matters to the law. 

For now: re-deliver and refuse to stop. Don't let the buyer step all over you and if they try to copy your work, sue their ass. 

• Like 11
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

I would think that the fair thing to do is to resend everything and obviously have the order complete. However, I will tell you this, I had someone come back 6 months after the order was complete (she didn't rate it), went to customer support and all of a sudden I see the order got canceled. So yes, buyers can go to customer support and ask for an order to be canceled behind your back, months after it happened. That being said, Fiverr did reimburse me the money, so as long as you do everything as the buyer requested, there's no need to worry. At worst you will face what I faced, and I hope no one deals with that. I was shocked to see an order from half a year earlier to be canceled, that's just too random :))

That's just crazy. Sorry that happened to you.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Keep in mind that customer support can't force your buyer to accept the delivery. You can't call Fiverr – the only way to get in touch with support is via the ticketing system found here: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/ or via their e-mail, support@fiverr.com - but keep in mind that most tickets get a response sooner than if you send a regular e-mail. 

Best of luck! 

That was a tremendous help! The Violation of TOS must have been the magic words. They are going to reach out to the customer now. Thank you so much for this.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, smashradio said:

When it comes to customer support cancelling orders: document everything. Document each step in your work process, ensure you keep backups, copies and screenshots when relevant. If support cancels your order, at least you can prove that you did the work, and it can also help if you take matters to the law. 

For now: re-deliver and refuse to stop. Don't let the buyer step all over you and if they try to copy your work, sue their ass. 

That is exactly what I did Thanks!

• Like 13

On 9/8/2022 at 5:19 PM, sissiwedgwood said:

That was a tremendous help! The Violation of TOS must have been the magic words. They are going to reach out to the customer now. Thank you so much for this.

I forgot to come back and tell you, this did work. I got a five star rating from the customer. Apparently he didn't understand that we don't get paid until the order is complete.

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 2