Fiverr New update

refatul007

2 hours ago, proconsultn2035 said:

Not "The Lift". Thousands of accounts were banned on New Year's Day

Hey there! This situation happened to me last Sunday (01/01/23). My account is 3+ years and 5-star rated (seller level 2 with hundreds of reviews) and they sent me an automatic message saying my account was under review for "purchasing or selling false services for the purpose of manipulating our rating system."

When I tried to find out what was happening, they replied saying my account was "not eligible to be restored", with zero explanations or proof of their allegations. I insisted, and they just stop replying. 

This doesn't make any sense. Why would I try to buy reviews when I already have thousands of 5-star reviews? I think I was mistaken for other accounts, but they don't reply and I don't know what to do. This is so unfair and just reveal how "disposable" we are for them. After 3+ years of hard work, they just banned my account without any concrete explanations.

Did anyone in this situation was able to solve it? I read something about a mass banning of sellers from Bangladesh who were doing the actions they alleged on this email. Maybe we were mistaken by them? I don't know how this is possible, but that's the only reason I can think of.

Edited by carneiroviq
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, carneiroviq said:

Maybe we were mistaken by them? I don't know how this is possible

So apparently they were banning all sellers who tried to manipulate reviews, even if it was years ago and even if they are now level 2 sellers. Looks like there were looking into people who bought or exchanged reviews with other sellers when they were starting in fiverr. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

So apparently they were banning all sellers who tried to manipulate reviews, even if it was years ago and even if they are now level 2 sellers. Looks like there were looking into people who bought or exchanged reviews with other sellers when they were starting in fiverr. 

Thanks, @mariashtelle1! I never did that either 😅. However, can you let me know where did you get this information? I'd like to investigate more. 

Thank you!

• Like 9
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, carneiroviq said:

However, can you let me know where did you get this information? I'd like to investigate more. 

If you look on the threads in the Bangladesh club (using a private/incognito window) with topics like "If you have previous TOS or standards violation?" that will give more info on it.

If you didn't do anything wrong maybe it's because of some of your buyers and it might be that they're on a list of buyers they think were paid to make fake reviews or were asked to do review exchanges (maybe the system just noticed they were doing some sort of review exchange with them buying from sellers and leaving reviews and those sellers buying from them and leaving reviews). But you could speak to support at support@fiverr.com about it more to try to get your account back if you did nothing wrong.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 8
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 5:03 PM, vickiespencer said:

I am sure the ability to read and understand is one issue. However, since the government of Bangladesh sponsors education for these freelancers, they should ensure there are instructions on TOS.

Agreed....I mean, if reading and understanding rules is an issue for someone - how can they hope to read instructions and follow them, communicate effectively, and produce a great product? If one can't read the rules...one shouldn't be advertising that they can do the job. If one can't take responsibility or make amends (as @newsmike rightly said, they could have offered to reimburse people), one shouldn't be a freelancer as their own boss. 

I feel for these people, but I also feel for all of us who have had to work our way through legitimately. Faking reviews is an obvious no no.....It's the equivalent of saying, "I stole, he made me and talked me into it. I didn't know better." *shrugs* 

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

On 1/3/2023 at 5:05 AM, catwriter said:

2. Are people of Bangladesh protesting in the streets because of the huge unemployment there, and demanding real jobs (you know, in their own country, in their own language, with cultural and ethical and all the other rules they're familiar with and can easily understand)? History teaches us that governments can provide plenty of jobs in the times of need (think about the New Deal programs and projects from the American history), and it's the role of the government to do it, to care for its people, not just to tell them "Go find a job on the internet".

I would imagine that the government wants them to...jobs will help their economy but I assume that jobs receiving pay from other countries is more profitable...especially the countries with a higher exchange rate?

That's just a guess - I'm no economic or political expert...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1