How hard is it for buyer to understand this

imhammadkhokhar

Hi folks! 🙂

How hard is it for buyers to understand this, that we cannot share personal information with them for whatsoever reason. Even after explaining the TOS to them they say silly things like "If you want this job, give me your email" - "If you can't share, we can't proceed" and so on.

He's small conversation

Me:

Due to Fiverr TOS I can't share email.

Them:

I don’t want to give you my login, I hope you can understand that. I need your name and email to invite you, literally that’s it. Do you want my email? Then you can send it that way?

Let me know what would be your reply in comments! 🙂

• Like 8
  • Up 3

15 minutes ago, imhammadkhokhar said:

we cannot share personal information with them for whatsoever reason

Actually, you can share your contact information if it is required to complete the job, and you can only share it on the order page.

Edited by alifshah01
updated
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, alifshah01 said:

Actually, you can share your contact information if it is required to complete the job, and you can only share it on the order page.

Thanks for your comment. Just generally discussing what would other people reply to this, there's no order in process, sometimes we(developers) need to analyse client sites in order to decide either to proceed with order or decline. 🙂 

PS: This topic isn't on TOS advice.

Edited by imhammadkhokhar
Typo
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, imhammadkhokhar said:

Just generally discussing what would other people reply to this

2 hours ago, imhammadkhokhar said:

"If you want this job, give me your email" - "If you can't share, we can't proceed" and so on.

I wouldn't respond after such a reply. I'd just report and block.

If they cannot respect the rules of the platform, I wouldn't expect them to respect my boundaries.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/220973-top-5-tips-to-protect-yourself-from-badly-behaved-buyers/ 

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

If they need you to log into their site, they can give you login credentials. It doesn't have to be their login credentials, it can be something they created just for you.

That's what buyers who wanted me to log into their site did (I'm not a developer, though).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

On 7/28/2022 at 3:06 AM, psykkopatte said:

I would just reply: "Nevermind then, good bye"
There are also those who write contact me on discord it is easierand just drop their discord server instantly as first message and never reply back when we refuse

Good share! 🙂

• Like 5

On 7/27/2022 at 10:53 PM, catwriter said:

If they need you to log into their site, they can give you login credentials. It doesn't have to be their login credentials, it can be something they created just for you.

That's what buyers who wanted me to log into their site did (I'm not a developer, though).

Exactly! I mean they could create another login. One of buyer asked me to submit form via their website so they can create an account for me 😂!! Like seriously.

• Like 5