Sri Lanka is facing the worst economic crisis in recent decades! The future is unpredictable.

anjalika101seo

On 5/23/2022 at 11:54 PM, wordsfire said:

Nobody is asking you to shut down coal mines without options in place.

You needn't give up important products in order to get away from the fossil fuels, which is running out faster than ever, and turning the globe into a furnace. Don't make it an either-or option that it isn't -- you can do both -- move away from fossil and keep every luxury yet known and unknown to humanity. 

Lithium, unlike hydrocarbon, doesn't go stale after first use.
Li mining doesn't hurt environment anywhere close to what fossil fuels do! 

Ships used to run on wind even centuries ago. We've already built the first airplane that is 100% solar powered. The future (or past) is not as far as it may seem. It's more about the willingness and courage to do the right thing. 

I totally disagree with you. Yes, many coal mines were shut down from 2009 to 2014. I know I am from a state that was devastated by this move. We were going overseas to buy coal. Look it up! In order to make the batteries for the electric cars, you have to mine for the lithium, cobalt, and nickel and are all mined by children who will probably never see adulthood. Children! In order to make the giant wind turbines that are being pushed in the United States right now, it takes 250 tons of coke (which comes from coal) and around 300 tons of steel. They were totally unusable this past winter in Texas, because the ice storms rendered them frozen in place. Coal has been with us for over 200 years. Children and adult cancer has more than doubled in recent years.  You should be checking on the barrels of Uranium waste that are dumped in the ocean and put in pits. This is more hazardous than coal. Also the chemical spraying of our food is destroying our bodies. More and stronger chemicals are being produced. Also no one knows what to do with the nuclear waste (radioactive water, uranium rods) that are taken out of the nuclear power plants. This radioactive water will be active for millions of years. Point in case-Madam Curie (a scientist who experimented with uranium) died from cancer. Her workstation and tools are still radioactive 100 years later and are kept in lead lined boxes in a basement. Even her cookbooks are still radioactive. We have been playing with fire. We are not technically advanced enough to go green totally. 

On 5/24/2022 at 11:19 AM, newsmike said:

And that first one was powered by fossil fuels, not unicorn farts.  Anti-fossil fuel policies have caused a global energy crisis--which is now causing a global food crisis. 

Hi Newsmaker, really like the unicorn thing. Made my day! LOL

• Like 10
  • Haha 3
  • Up 1

9 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

Yes, many coal mines were shut down from 2009 to 2014.

It's called gradual change. You can't shut them all in a day. Gotta do it over the decades.

lithium, cobalt, and nickel and are all mined by children who will probably never see adulthood. Children!

A completely different issue. Children and adults die in coal mines too, at a rate much higher than Li, Co, or Ni mines, due to the poisonous gases that accompany coal. Most of the stories you will hear are from overpopulated starved countries. And the best solution for them would be to abort the children they cannot feed. 

Also the chemical spraying of our food is destroying our bodies. More and stronger chemicals are being produced.

100% agree. Don't eat that. Go organic.

This is more hazardous than coal.

Coal has been with us for over 200 years.

Also no one knows what to do with the nuclear waste

We are not technically advanced enough to go green totally. 

1. We talk Li and Co and Ni because we want to avoid the hazard that comes with nuclear. 

2. This is nothing new. Go back to 18th century and you'll meet Edison demonstrating how AC (alternating current that we use today) is going to destroy the world. Same for fridge and HVACs. People have always questioned the new tech. Over the time, you too will realize that solar powered tech is more efficient, cheaper, quieter, faster, lighter, and longer-lasting. Not everlasting because sun too will run out. But, yeah. Keep burning that coal until then. 

And every mining project, railroad, airplane manufacturing plant was built by then-millionaires. Nothing new. 

P.S. We need to realize. If not today, then tomorrow, we're going to run out of the coal and other fossils available on earth. If we don't build for renewables today, we won't have a chance tomorrow. It's not a choice. 

P.P.S. The current oil and upcoming food crisis is NOT due to the push on renewable energy. It's due to one 'scared-to-death-non-person-P' who has capitalized on fossils. So whoever said it: to hell with your lies. 😃

• Like 8
  • Up 2

11 hours ago, newsmike said:

And that first one was powered by fossil fuels, not unicorn farts.  Anti-fossil fuel policies have caused a global energy crisis--which is now causing a global food crisis. 

so you are among those people who believe unicorn is real😂.... the main problem here is a low vision we will reduce fossil fuel by 80-90% in 3-4 decades, 

by any chance have you heard of Quantum battery leave it 😂 you carry on with unicorn fart

• Like 8
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, theamitsingh said:

we will reduce fossil fuel by 80-90% in 3-4 decades, 

Not in developed countries, but in places that run on 2 AA batteries, maybe. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

9 hours ago, wordsfire said:

It's called gradual change. You can't shut them all in a day. Gotta do it over the decades.

A completely different issue. Children and adults die in coal mines too, at a rate much higher than Li, Co, or Ni mines, due to the poisonous gases that accompany coal. Most of the stories you will hear are from overpopulated starved countries. And the best solution for them would be to abort the children they cannot feed. 

100% agree. Don't eat that. Go organic.

1. We talk Li and Co and Ni because we want to avoid the hazard that comes with nuclear. 

2. This is nothing new. Go back to 18th century and you'll meet Edison demonstrating how AC (alternating current that we use today) is going to destroy the world. Same for fridge and HVACs. People have always questioned the new tech. Over the time, you too will realize that solar powered tech is more efficient, cheaper, quieter, faster, lighter, and longer-lasting. Not everlasting because sun too will run out. But, yeah. Keep burning that coal until then. 

And every mining project, railroad, airplane manufacturing plant was built by then-millionaires. Nothing new. 

P.S. We need to realize. If not today, then tomorrow, we're going to run out of the coal and other fossils available on earth. If we don't build for renewables today, we won't have a chance tomorrow. It's not a choice. 

P.P.S. The current oil and upcoming food crisis is NOT due to the push on renewable energy. It's due to one 'scared-to-death-non-person-P' who has capitalized on fossils. So whoever said it: to hell with your lies. 😃

I can tell by talking to you that you know nothing about fossil fuels. Nuclear is here to stay, they are not going to get rid of it. It is buried in barrels in the ocean, in the ground. It is much more powerful than any fossil fuel. It stays with us for millions of years. Eventually there won't be anyplace to hide anymore of it. You had no answer for this VERY BIG PROBLEM! You had no answer as to what we should do with the nuclear waste. You are not very informed about organics. Not everyone can afford organics, but then you could care less about those people. I am not lying. I know how shutting down the mines hurt many people that made their living from them. No one cared that people had no way to feed their families. Yes the push for going GREEN as they say has caused thousands of people to lose their jobs. The pipeline in the US was shut down. Immediately over a hundred thousand jobs were cut. People lost homes and businesses. But Who cares as long as we are going Nuclear and can breathe. Doesn't matter that we get cancer and suffer for months or years. It is nice that you can afford not to be affected by the going GREEN IGNORANCE SYNDROME. Do your homework, read about the products that are made from fossil fuels, if you care to. Otherwise, the best answer to your thinking is to go back to the Amish way of life. They do not use electricity and horse and buggy is their main mode of transportation. That way no one is digging and dying to get your Lithium, Cobalt, Nickel. If you care so much about the environment, then stop the fossil fuel stations that recharge the electric cars. Let's go back to horse and buggy only. 

• Like 10
  • Up 2

13 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

I can tell by talking to you that you know nothing about fossil fuels. Nuclear is here to stay, they are not going to get rid of it. It is buried in barrels in the ocean, in the ground. It is much more powerful than any fossil fuel. It stays with us for millions of years. Eventually there won't be anyplace to hide anymore of it. You had no answer for this VERY BIG PROBLEM! You had no answer as to what we should do with the nuclear waste.

The answer was crystal clear. Don't use nuclear. The waste is here to stay and so are the CO2 levels that keep rising due to fossil fuels. I'm sorry, but nobody gets to cancel renewables with an argument against nuclear. 

You are not very informed about organics. Not everyone can afford organics, but then you could care less about those people.

Organic farming is usually cheaper than the chemical one? The high prices you see are due to logistics, policies, licence fees, and limited supply. Maybe, look into that? 

I know how shutting down the mines hurt many people that made their living from them. No one cared that people had no way to feed their families. Yes the push for going GREEN as they say has caused thousands of people to lose their jobs. The pipeline in the US was shut down. Immediately over a hundred thousand jobs were cut. People lost homes and businesses. But Who cares as long as we are going Nuclear and can breathe.

Jobs are more important than breathing? Okay.

But again, a completely different issue. Job security and unemployment benefits exist for a reason. Tech advancement has always been paired with job loss. Whether we talk about AI, computers, cars, or cotton mills. They all resulted in job loss, businesses shutting down, people going broke, etc. 

Do your homework, read about the products that are made from fossil fuels,

We've built cars and planes, so have we stopped using horses and buggies completely? It's not like we're going to shut down everything that comes out of fossils. Think about it. 

Fossil fuel supplies are limited. If we use up everything, there will be none left for our kids or great-grand-kids. Then what? 

Let's go back to horse and buggy only. 

33-40% of arable land is already used for growing feed crops only.

Not a viable option at all.

11 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

Can anyone say Dunning Kruger?

The effect might be real. But victim blaming is never good. 👀

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wordsfire said:

The effect might be real. But victim blaming is never good

Are you suggesting I'm victim blaming...? 

My view (not that anyone asked for it) is that renewables are the future, because fossil fuels can't be. They will run out. It's innevitable. They are also causing climate change. I think these are facts. I believe that the transition will be difficult and costly, but the alternative is ultimately far worse, and nuclear is a stepping stone through to that transition. Yes nuclear waste is a problem, but I believe currently far smaller than the problems presented by fossil fuels.

My comment on Dunning Kruger applies to myself as well. I think I know more about this situation than I actually do. Or does that mean it doesn't apply to me. I don't know.

• Like 11

On 5/23/2022 at 8:25 AM, fastcopywriter said:

Can you buy a generator? I read a story of a successful seller in Nigeria, from a very poor village, that had a generator so he could be online whenever there was a blackout. 

Nice idea sir. Me and my brother used to do that a few months ago back in Covid-19 crisis. But it's Economical crisis now, we have miles long queues on fuel stations due to shortages. It's a disaster to be honest. If I did not have my online freelancing career, I'll be in so much trouble. I feel so bad for my nation... 😥

A huge shout out to internet & marketplaces like Fiverr. 😇

• Like 10

After seeing the whole conversation, I feel more down... 😐 When the topic was aiming to point at the moon, we try to see trees and terrains. Not passing any blames, just clarifying the fuel would be the second problem because now patients are dying in their bed due to medical shortages.

It's very bad to Sri Lanka... 🙁

• Like 10

10 hours ago, wordsfire said:

The answer was crystal clear. Don't use nuclear. The waste is here to stay and so are the CO2 levels that keep rising due to fossil fuels. I'm sorry, but nobody gets to cancel renewables with an argument against nuclear. 

It is not cystal clear. You can't power up your electric cars without the fossil fuels stations. PERIOD! End of story. You keep going around and around. 

Organic farming is usually cheaper than the chemical one? The high prices you see are due to logistics, policies, licence fees, and limited supply. Maybe, look into that?

You are asking me if organic farming is usually cheaper than the chemical one? Go check the grocery stores. Do some research! It takes more people to produce organic food, than chemical food. One person can spray a whole 1000 acres or more and you are getting it done every day. So breathe that in. Or do you suggest that we go organic and hey who cares about whether people can afford it. Let them starve, right? Chemical spraying of fields started in 1944. So it has been around only for approximately 78 years. Spraying has gone to flying airplanes over your homes and you bring it in with you air conditioner. We have had more and more cases of cancer since this started and more cases of Parkinsons Disease.  People spray their homes with chemicals to get rid of bugs. Start complaining about these uses as a big problem. You get rid of coal completely and you are in big trouble. Anyone that looks at what coal does for any country and you will find out. 

Jobs are more important than breathing? Okay.

But again, a completely different issue. Job security and unemployment benefits exist for a reason. Tech advancement has always been paired with job loss. Whether we talk about AI, computers, cars, or cotton mills. They all resulted in job loss, businesses shutting down, people going broke, etc. 

I grew up around the coal mines. I have never had a problem breathing. I have had family that got Neumoconiaosis (black lung). It is devastating. But more people die of cigarette smoking. That is smoke that people are putting into the air every day and you breathe that. Do something about that! More people have died from second hand cigarette smoke than mine lung diseases.

We've built cars and planes, so have we stopped using horses and buggies completely? It's not like we're going to shut down everything that comes out of fossils. Think about it. 

Fossil fuel supplies are limited. If we use up everything, there will be none left for our kids or great-grand-kids. Then what? 

No, you think about what you said. You want to shut them down and we have no viable way of producing what they do for us today. FACT! We do that and then we go buy coal from other coal producing countries? Nothing gained by that. We haven't stopped using horses and buggies. The Amish are doing quite well. They have very little illness with their way of life. If you are a scientist, then tell me when our fossil fuels will be completely depleted. Don't support an electric car that still have to depend on fossil fuels to get going. This accomplishes nothing. Invent something that does not use fossil fuels at all. Then you are doing something for the environment and everyone on the planet. 

11 hours ago, wordsfire said:

33-40% of arable land is already used for growing feed crops only.

Not a viable option at all.

This is not correct. Check you numbers again. This not viable option is used consistently by the Amish. It overlaps. The waste from animals is put back on the pastures to grow food crops and there is no waste at all. I guess you are going to tell me next that the animal farts need to stop, that they are polluting your clean air. 

• Like 11

22 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

Are you suggesting I'm victim blaming...?

Oh. Not at all. I have problem with the effect itself. It kinda assumes something wrong with the person themselves. Just like most of the psychology facts. I appreciate the clarification though. 

14 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

You can't power up your electric cars without the fossil fuels stations. PERIOD! End of story. You keep going around and around.

Hydroelectricity (exists already). Li. Solar. Self-charging batteries.

There is no full stop here. 

You are asking me if organic farming is usually cheaper than the chemical one? Go check the grocery stores.

It takes three years to get the licence for organic foods. Banks do not insure the crops in absence of the license and pesticides. Governments do not subsidize organic food and seeds like they do pesticides. 

Less organic food in the market == higher demand == higher prices. 

As far as the labor is concerned, it's pretty cheap around the world these days. And AI is just round the corner.

You want to shut them down and we have no viable way of producing what they do for us today. FACT!

No one is shutting down 'every' facility there is! Shutting them down will save some. Not shutting them down will use up everything. Take your pill.

The Amish are doing quite well. They have very little illness with their way of life.

It's due to the kind of lifestyle they lead. More of a personal choice. Nothing the world can do as a collective. Be more active, wear a mask, don't get hypertension or diabetes, and you'll do just fine.

Their life expectancy is the same as the rest of the US though. 

If you are a scientist, then tell me when our fossil fuels will be completely depleted.

180-190 years.

Only if we don't ramp up production. 

No need to be a scientist for that. 

That means many wells will run out much earlier. Prices will go higher. Most of the world won't be able to afford gas in the last 40-50 of those 190 years. 

Invent something that does not use fossil fuels at all.

Infrastructure takes time to set up. It took centuries to build roads and railroads before trains and cars could become the way of life. 

And there are still places where you can't go around without a pony. 

This is not correct. Check you numbers again. This not viable option is used consistently by the Amish. It overlaps. The waste from animals is put back on the pastures to grow food crops and there is no waste at all. I guess you are going to tell me next that the animal farts need to stop, that they are polluting your clean air. 

The numbers are correct (and an underestimate).

Look it up. Or let me know and I'll post the link. The logic being - if everyone goes Amish, we'll need way more horses and ponies - and won't be able to feed them. So not a viable option. 

• Like 10

On 5/27/2022 at 1:08 AM, wordsfire said:

Hydroelectricity (exists already). Li. Solar. Self-charging batteries.

There is no full stop here. 

You need to get your theories in place. Nothing you say makes much sense. You Hydroelectricity is not powering any vehicles. Solar is a temporary provider of power. In the north, sometimes you do not get the sun for many days. They cannot self charge the batteries for the electric cars. They are not self charging electric batteries AT ALL! You are not very informed about any of this. 

The numbers are correct (and an underestimate).

Look it up. Or let me know and I'll post the link. The logic being - if everyone goes Amish, we'll need way more horses and ponies - and won't be able to feed them. So not a viable option.

You show no proof of your viable options. Your electric car theory of self charging will not happen for decades. There are many people in third world countries that farm exactly the way I said. Where, do you live anyway, apartment, under a rock maybe? 

It takes three years to get the licence for organic foods. Banks do not insure the crops in absence of the license and pesticides. Governments do not subsidize organic food and seeds like they do pesticides. 

Less organic food in the market == higher demand == higher prices. 

As far as the labor is concerned, it's pretty cheap around the world these days. And AI is just round the corner.

You are dreaming. Labor is the number one problem for organic farmers. 

It's due to the kind of lifestyle they lead. More of a personal choice. Nothing the world can do as a collective. Be more active, wear a mask, don't get hypertension or diabetes, and you'll do just fine.

Their life expectancy is the same as the rest of the US though.

Wrong again. Don't just take for granted what you read on the internet is correct.

How do Amish people live over 10 years longer than average without paying and getting the benefits of Medicare or Medicaid? Is there a health care model we could emulate?

• Like 9

Hello!
I sympathize with you very much and understand to some extent...
We also have a huge fuel shortage right now due to destroyed oil storage facilities and the fact that most of the fuel was supplied by a country that has been aggressive in our direction.
The economy was afloat for 3 months and now it's getting harder by the day.
Also, I cannot convey the pain for the people who cannot get grain from our country and are threatened with starvation.
Unfortunately, our planet is going through a difficult time right now. Natural disasters, famine, wars, civil unrest. It's all very sad.

I send you greetings from Ukraine and I support you. Let's hope that the situation in the world will get better soon. ❤️

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

On 5/27/2022 at 7:33 AM, kendal1747 said:

Hydroelectricity is not powering any vehicles.

Wrong.

Hydroelectricity already powers 7% of total electricity consumption in the US.  That's more than half the electricity Texas needs,

The same electricity is used to charge and run electric cars, buses, trains, metro, etc. With more projects underway, that 7% can easily be stretched to 70 within a decade. It's only a question of willingness to move away from harmful energy sources that you seem to be lacking. 

And that's just one source of renewable energy.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:00 AM, kendal1747 said:

How do Amish people live over 10 years longer than average without paying and getting the benefits of Medicare or Medicaid? Is there a health care model we could emulate?

Read the article where you copied/quoted it from. It's about only a small subset of Amish people with a specific gene mutation. Nothing about their lifestyle or lack of cars.

Some of them have better genes. So what?

Average life expectancy of Amish people is 79 years, which is almost the same as the rest of the USA (78.8 years). Do your research. 

On 5/27/2022 at 7:36 AM, kendal1747 said:

Labor is the number one problem for organic farmers.

Wrong.

Read up : #1 is -- Inspection at Every Step -- Organic food is more expensive in part because of the strict USDA Organic certification standards required on the farm, during transportation, and in production facilities.

Labor is certainly an issue but so is unemployment. Use those furloughed coal mine workers in organic food facilities. The working conditions and pay are much-much better. 

Source: https://www.organicvalley.coop/blog/why-is-organic-food-more-expensive/ 

• Like 9

On 5/23/2022 at 1:21 PM, theratypist said:

Inflation 😂

Or good old taxflation (Their personal nest eggs)

On 5/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, wordsfire said:

Read the article where you copied/quoted it from. It's about only a small subset of Amish people with a specific gene mutation. Nothing about their lifestyle or lack of cars.

Some of them have better genes. So what?

Average life expectancy of Amish people is 79 years, which is almost the same as the rest of the USA (78.8 years). Do your research. 

Try reading about the people that you copied from and listen to. Many and one in particular, (AL Gore)made millions on the movie he did about global warming. He predicted that New York would be under a couple feet of water in 2012. That has not happened. Do your research!

As far as people in the Amish community, they do live longer than we do. Read more than just your internet! YOu are going only to the internet. 

Genes? I have a relative that has lived twice longer than his parents, ( they did not die from coal) they died from abusing their bodies (alcohol, tobacco). He doesn't drink or smoke. I don't care what genes are passed on, you or anyone else can live longer if you eat right and limit alcohol and tobacco and drugs. He is a distant relative and celebrated his 86th birthday and he has other siblings that practice the same. 

You are listening to people that want to make millions off of the climate. WAKE UP!

On 5/27/2022 at 10:36 AM, kendal1747 said:

Labor is the number one problem for organic farmers.

Wrong.

Read up : #1 is -- Inspection at Every Step -- Organic food is more expensive in part because of the strict USDA Organic certification standards required on the farm, during transportation, and in production facilities.

Labor is certainly an issue but so is unemployment. Use those furloughed coal mine workers in organic food facilities. The working conditions and pay are much-much better. 

Source: https://www.organicvalley.coop/blog/why-is-organic-food-more-expensive/ 

There you go back to the internet again. When will you get off that kick? No, organic farming does not pay more than the mines. The average miner starts out getting paid twice what an organic farm worker does. You don't know what you are talking about. I had a farm and I was told that I could join an organization called (Woof) and people traveling through my area would work for free on my organic farm. I just had to give them a place to sleep and clean up and 3 meals. 

Wrong.

Hydroelectricity already powers 7% of total electricity consumption in the US.  That's more than half the electricity Texas needs,

The same electricity is used to charge and run electric cars, buses, trains, metro, etc. With more projects underway, that 7% can easily be stretched to 70 within a decade. It's only a question of willingness to move away from harmful energy sources that you seem to be lacking. 

Wrong! You are in a dream world. Wake up!

Ask yourself what powers the other 93%? Look it up and not just on the internet! Go to a library. Yes, you and the powers that be want to cut coal completely without any sensible replacements and they did. Their answer was to go buy coal from other countries. That was real smart. I guess they look at the fact that those countries will absorb the smoke and we won't get it. LOL Those countries are pumping out coal smoke everywhere and don't care. You eventually get it when the wind comes your way. It probably is not as strong, but you still get it. 

You can't power the whole country on 7%. You are wrong about powering electric cars. They are recharged at stations that are powered by fossil fuels. 

• Like 9

On 5/28/2022 at 2:45 PM, kendal1747 said:

Genes? I have a relative that has lived twice longer than his parents, ( they did not die from coal) they died from abusing their bodies (alcohol, tobacco). He doesn't drink or smoke. I don't care what genes are passed on, you or anyone else can live longer if you eat right and limit alcohol and tobacco and drugs. He is a distant relative and celebrated his 86th birthday and he has other siblings that practice the same. 

Read about recessive genes. People don't always benefit from all the genes that their kids or parents do. 

Read more than just your internet! YOu are going only to the internet. 

On 5/28/2022 at 2:55 PM, kendal1747 said:

There you go back to the internet again.

(AL Gore)made millions on the movie he did about global warming. He predicted that New York would be under a couple feet of water in 2012. That has not happened.

Well.

1. You are on the Internet right now.
2. Most libraries are online these days.
3. Movies aren't the best place to look for information. They rely on exaggeration and everybody knows that! 

On 5/28/2022 at 3:10 PM, kendal1747 said:

You can't power the whole country on 7%. You are wrong about powering electric cars. They are recharged at stations that are powered by fossil fuels. 

7% of that electricity, on average, comes from hydro power. And another 7% comes from solar and wind power. Period. 

And 7% is actually a lot.

One earth hour per year quenches the whole world. 7% is more than one and half hour everyday. Just think about it. No AC, no heating, no cell signals, no internet, no phones, no computers, no surgeries, no ventilators, nothing.

You can't manage without that 7%. 

It's only to let you know that there are options available to coal and other fossils. Stop saying otherwise.

On 5/28/2022 at 3:04 PM, kendal1747 said:

I guess they look at the fact that those countries will absorb the smoke and we won't get it. LOL Those countries are pumping out coal smoke everywhere and don't care.

Mining coal doesn't create smoke. Burning it does. So even if they import from abroad, they're still the one burning it. And that needs to stop.

As far as people in the Amish community, they do live longer than we do. Read more than just your internet! YOu are going only to the internet. 

0.2 years do not make much difference. 

Cite your sources. 

Edited by wordsfire
  • Like 9