Sri Lanka is facing the worst economic crisis in recent decades! The future is unpredictable.

anjalika101seo

A message to fellow community members,

For those who don't know Sri Lanka, it is a country that one is lucky to be born in. An island circled by pristine beaches🏖️, white sands, and land that is brimming with greenery🌴 and a place where you'll find the most generous human beings👩🧑.

Unfortunately, due to corrupted politicians, Sri Lanka has come to a state where people are suffering to carry on with their lives. It is with so much pain that I leave this note😔, and I want to raise awareness of this matter among the Fiverr community.

In short, as a result of the financial crisis, Sri Lanka is going through a chronic stage of foreign currency shortages, inflation, constant power cuts, and severe shortages of medicine, fuel, and other basic goods. Due to inflation, the cost of living is extremely high. Food prices are skyrocketing. Power failures are affecting office workers and remote workers. Generators are also not an option due to fuel shortages. People are stressed, and their lives are filled with uncertainty and great fear about what the future holds😟.

The point that I'm trying to make:

Above things are just a glimpse of what's happening in our lives. A year ago, I joined Fiverr, and now it has become my full-time job. I know that there are many talented Sri Lankans on Fiverr who make a living out of it. When I say this, I speak for all my people. If you are a buyer who has worked with a Sri Lankan seller before, are currently working with one or wish to work with one in the near future, this is a time we really need your orders🙏. You may not have any idea how much it means to us.

Many sellers are failing to deliver their orders due to regular power cuts. So, please be patient with your seller. They are trying their best to provide you with exceptional service. Please be kind enough to communicate with the seller about the delivery time before placing the order, as they may need to extend it. Your flexibility is invaluable to the Sri Lankan sellers at the moment. Whenever you are going to purchase a service on Fiverr, you can find a talented seller from Sri Lanka and give them a try. That way, not only will you get your work done, but also you'll be helping a vulnerable individual who is struggling to make a living🥺.

Finally, please accept my heartfelt gratitude for taking your valuable time to hear me out. Help us make a contribution to the economy of our country and survive in these difficult times using our skills!

Pray for Sri Lanka!

• Like 34
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 8
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, anjalika101seo said:

Unfortunately, due to corrupted politicians, Sri Lanka has come to a state where people are suffering to carry on with their lives.

Hey we got Joe Biden's $6 gas, baby food shortage, impending diesel shortage, etc... I feel your pain. 

• Like 21
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, fastcopywriter said:

Can you buy a generator?

Even if that's an option I think the issue is getting the gas/petrol to power it. From what I've read Sri Lanka is lacking the foreign currency to buy what it needs from abroad. That means they can't get the food and energy imports that they depend on. It really looks like a terrible, terrible mess.

• Like 20
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 3:07 PM, alam_kauser said:

My opinion is we can stand with Srilanka.

Your kind words are very much appreciated. Thanks a lot ❤️ 

On 5/22/2022 at 3:16 PM, wp_kid said:

My deepest condolence for you & all fellow Lankan Community. Hope this bad time will pass soon. 

Thank for these kind words and blessings ❤️ 

On 5/22/2022 at 7:33 PM, newsmike said:

Hey we got Joe Biden's $6 gas, baby food shortage, impending diesel shortage, etc... I feel your pain. 

Let's be hopeful and stay positive ❤️ 

On 5/22/2022 at 10:55 PM, fastcopywriter said:

Can you buy a generator? I read a story of a successful seller in Nigeria, from a very poor village, that had a generator so he could be online whenever there was a blackout. 

We are facing a severe shortage of fuel, people have to stand in hours and hours to get some fuel. That is also limited, sometimes we stay in a que for many hours and return empty handed as the fuel ran out. So, generators, not an option.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:49 PM, williambryan392 said:

Even if that's an option I think the issue is getting the gas/petrol to power it. From what I've read Sri Lanka is lacking the foreign currency to buy what it needs from abroad. That means they can't get the food and energy imports that they depend on. It really looks like a terrible, terrible mess.

You are 100% correct. It's a mess, and we can't predict what will happen next. Even the foreign countries have declined Sri Lankan work and student visas due to the massive debts.

• Like 20
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

15 hours ago, anjalika101seo said:

Pray for Sri Lanka!

My Gratitude and good wishes to you, this hard time will pass away soon we stand with you, INDIA always there for its neighbors. our government trying their level best to help Sri Lanka. People should stand for their needs and remove the leader who is not able to run the country as to how Ukraine did to his old leader. if life is too hard there try to relocate to India as you are a freelancer relocation may not affect you that much but it will help you to stabilize your life we are always there for you. we never believe that Sri Lanka is a different country or nation nor our people do. we love Sri Lanka and its people #peace❤️

India and Sri Lanka, let's say ASIA is sunlight rich country that can generate solar energy in greater amount, our government work to empower our people with solar energy and I strongly believe solar energy is the future

Edited by theamitsingh
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, theamitsingh said:

My Gratitude and good wishes to you, this hard time will pass away soon we stand with you, INDIA always there for its neighbors. our government trying their level best to help Sri Lanka. People should stand for their needs and remove the leader who is not able to run the country as to how Ukraine did to his old leader. if life is too hard there try to relocate to India as you are a freelancer relocation may not affect you that much but it will help you to stabilize your life we are always there for you. we never believe that Sri Lanka is a different country or nation nor our people do. we love Sri Lanka and its people #peace❤️

India and Sri Lanka, let's say ASIA is sunlight rich country that can generate solar energy in greater amount, our government work to empower our people with solar energy and I strongly believe solar energy is the future

That's true. Majority of politicians doesn't encourage this action, because they don't get massive commissions from it. It's the sad reality.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, newsmike said:

Yes, I wish you all the best.  Seems corrupt politicians are a problem in almost every country, and innocent people suffer.

Newsmaker, you just opened a can of worms, if anyone wants to rant, but I won't. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2022 at 12:56 PM, kendal1747 said:

Newsmaker, you just opened a can of worms, if anyone wants to rant, but I won't. 

Not really Kindle, Don't you think that 99% of politicians are corrupt? 

On 5/23/2022 at 5:55 AM, theamitsingh said:

I strongly believe solar energy is the future

Try running these on solar:

Stock Photos, Royalty Free Images, Vectors, Footage | Yayimages

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 15
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a hard one, but no I think there are some good ones out there. Granted you have to be wealthy or know someone that is going to back you to even run for a political position. Every job or political position has rules and some people cheat and break the rules or bend them and don't get caught. Then again some do get caught and nothing happens, but we are forced to live with preferential treatment sometimes. Don't you think? 

Yes, I think we should be using more solar, but right now I do not think we can totally cut out fossil fuels. We just aren't technologically advanced enough to stop producing them. There are so many bi-products made from coal, gas, and oil. Of course, I wish we would go back to glass, instead of plastics, but that probably won't happen. 

• Like 14

On 5/23/2022 at 1:03 PM, kendal1747 said:

Then again some do get caught and nothing happens

This seems to be the core of the problem. No one is interested in investigating or prosecuting how a senator who makes $175K per year is worth $30M after 5 years on the job.    

On 5/23/2022 at 1:07 PM, kendal1747 said:

There are so many bi-products made from coal, gas, and oil.

Yep, although I do take a lot of pleasure in pointing out to my dumbass neighbor that the electricity that powers the electric car he's so proud of comes from coal fired power plants.  

This makes me laugh out loud for real.  The French built guillotines for this sort of stuff.  

image.png.3e95e04b2c1a8f4b0fe019d5549e2db6.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2022 at 1:09 PM, newsmike said:

This seems to be the core of the problem. No one is interested in investigating or prosecuting how a senator who makes $175K per year is worth $30M after 5 years on the job.    

Well, it is true if you or anyone else is lucky enough to snag a senate seat or House seat then you have hit the lottery. The biggest problem we have now and in the past 60 years is that there are no morals and the rules do not apply equally to all of us. 

On 5/23/2022 at 1:12 PM, newsmike said:

Yep, although I do take a lot of pleasure in pointing out to my dumbass neighbor that the electricity that powers the electric car he's so proud of comes from coal fired power plants.  

This makes me laugh out loud for real.  The French built guillotines for this sort of stuff.  

I have a friend that wants to shut down every coal mines in the country. She says there is way too much pollution from them and too many people are dying from working in the mines. I told her I hope she is ready to do without some very important products in her life.  I agree that a lot of people have died from working there, but they know what can happen when they decide to take on that type of job. However, I told her that her battery operated car that she is so proud of, because she is not polluting, is killing many young children that work in the lithium mines which is one of the minerals that is used to power her car.  I haven't heard from her in several weeks. Wonder if I opened anyones eyes?

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

I told her that her battery operated car that she is so proud of, because she is not polluting, is killing many young children that work in the lithium mines which is one of the minerals that is used to power her car.

Yes, and the power comes from coal powered plants. The kids mining the lithium don't seem to bother people for some reason. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

I told her I hope she is ready to do without some very important products in her life.

Nobody is asking you to shut down coal mines without options in place.

You needn't give up important products in order to get away from the fossil fuels, which is running out faster than ever, and turning the globe into a furnace. Don't make it an either-or option that it isn't -- you can do both -- move away from fossil and keep every luxury yet known and unknown to humanity. 

Lithium, unlike hydrocarbon, doesn't go stale after first use.
Li mining doesn't hurt environment anywhere close to what fossil fuels do! 

Ships used to run on wind even centuries ago. We've already built the first airplane that is 100% solar powered. The future (or past) is not as far as it may seem. It's more about the willingness and courage to do the right thing. 

Edited by wordsfire
  • Like 13

On 5/23/2022 at 12:59 PM, newsmike said:

Try running these on solar:

World’s 1st 100% solar power train launched with zero emissions: Australia

Byron-Bay-Solar-Train-889x619.jpg.f7447dc8c8f99602efcdcc4a58b54a0f.jpg

World’s First Fully Solar Powered Plane

2014_06_02_FirstFlight_revillard_133.thumb.jpg.9eff9a168ea5c313733fafd6c18af265.jpg

Solar Powered Ship Completes Historic Round The World Voyage

Turanor-Planetsolar-1024x576.thumb.png.d17ef56f68b2d691c6c00045a466e734.png

🤣🤣 Are You Saying Someting? we just have to replace the Olds😶 #comeback

• Like 14

5 hours ago, theamitsingh said:

World’s 1st 100% solar power train launched with zero emissions: Australia

Byron-Bay-Solar-Train-889x619.jpg.f7447dc8c8f99602efcdcc4a58b54a0f.jpg

World’s First Fully Solar Powered Plane

2014_06_02_FirstFlight_revillard_133.thumb.jpg.9eff9a168ea5c313733fafd6c18af265.jpg

Solar Powered Ship Completes Historic Round The World Voyage

Turanor-Planetsolar-1024x576.thumb.png.d17ef56f68b2d691c6c00045a466e734.png

🤣🤣 Are You Saying Someting? we just have to replace the Olds😶 #comeback

You gonna get 200 people from New York to London on that plane, or pull 90 cars full of cargo with that toy train? ? I showed massive vehicles and you showed 1 person, toys.  Yes that is what I'm saying. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

You gonna get 200 people from New York to London on that plane, or pull 90 cars full of cargo with that toy train? ? I showed massive vehicles and you showed 1 person, toys.  Yes that is what I'm saying. 

😂atleast they started developing solar vehicle yeah it does take some time to reach that level but don't forget the first airplane was made for 2 passengers only and its take hundreds of people now who know the future @newsmike 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, theamitsingh said:

😂atleast they started developing solar vehicle yeah it does take some time to reach that level but don't forget the first airplane was made for 2 passengers only and its take hundreds of people now who know the future @newsmike 

And that first one was powered by fossil fuels, not unicorn farts.  Anti-fossil fuel policies have caused a global energy crisis--which is now causing a global food crisis. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 4