Sri Lanka is facing the worst economic crisis in recent decades! The future is unpredictable.

anjalika101seo

On 5/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, wordsfire said:

Read the article where you copied/quoted it from. It's about only a small subset of Amish people with a specific gene mutation. Nothing about their lifestyle or lack of cars.

Some of them have better genes. So what?

Average life expectancy of Amish people is 79 years, which is almost the same as the rest of the USA (78.8 years). Do your research. 

Yes, I copied it to show where you get all your information. Instead of sitting in front of your computer, go to the library for a very informative change. W does that stand for what or watt? 

On 5/28/2022 at 10:54 PM, wordsfire said:

Mining coal doesn't create smoke. Burning it does. So even if they import from abroad, they're still the one burning it. And that needs to stop.

So you finally see the connection? Wow! progress!

Mining coal doesn't create smoke. Burning it does. So even if they import from abroad, they're still the one burning it. And that needs to stop.

When coal mines were shut down in this country, nothing was put in place to help alleviate the need for coal. NOTHING!

7% of that electricity, on average, comes from hydro power. And another 7% comes from solar and wind power. Period. 

And 7% is actually a lot.

One earth hour per year quenches the whole world. 7% is more than one and half hour everyday. Just think about it. No AC, no heating, no cell signals, no internet, no phones, no computers, no surgeries, no ventilators, nothing.

You can't manage without that 7%. 

It's only to let you know that there are options available to coal and other fossils. Stop saying otherwise.

7%? Power all those cars on 7%. You are a joke. 

Needs to stop? Is that your lame answer for this? None of your statements gives any sensible answer for the problem.  You go around and around. 

On 5/28/2022 at 11:57 PM, wordsfire said:

0.2 years do not make much difference. 

Cite your sources. 

Give the books or magazines that you have taken this from. 

Well.

1. You are on the Internet right now.
2. Most libraries are online these days.
3. Movies aren't the best place to look for information. They rely on exaggeration and everybody knows that!

Really, then why did Al Gore make millions off this movie? If everybody knows that, then why did he actually get an award for these stupid statements? Why were his sales for the movie through the roof. Many people were listening!

On 5/27/2022 at 1:08 AM, wordsfire said:

180-190 years.

Only if we don't ramp up production. 

No need to be a scientist for that. 

That means many wells will run out much earlier. Prices will go higher. Most of the world won't be able to afford gas in the last 40-50 of those 190

Tell me where these numbers were taken from.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 6/2/2022 at 11:01 AM, williambryan392 said:

As much as I'm enjoying it, there comes a point when arguing with internet strangers just isn't worth it. This might be one of those times @wordsfire @kendal1747

You are right! I will only answer with yes, dear.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:57 PM, wordsfire said:

0.2 years do not make much difference. 

Cite your sources. 

I am not arguing with you anymore, but I will give one last statement. Going totally green=your gasoline price at the pump, your last grocery receipt. Just wait until the end of summer, groceries are expected to double. But Go Green. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

On 5/28/2022 at 2:45 PM, kendal1747 said:

He predicted that New York would be under a couple feet of water in 2012.

That misinformation has been going on since the 60's. Here's some of the most amusing headlines, followed by a link to the actual news stories. BTW, Obama's just paid millions for a mansion 50 yards from the Atlantic on Martha's Vineyard.

1967: ‘Dire famine by 1975.’
1969: ‘Everyone will disappear in a cloud of blue steam by 1989.’
1970: Ice age by 2000
1970: ‘America subject to water rationing by 1974 and food rationing by 1980.’
1971: ‘New Ice Age Coming’
1974: ‘New Ice Age Coming Fast’
1974: ‘Another Ice Age?’
1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life’
1976: ‘The Cooling’
1980: ‘Acid Rain Kills Life in Lakes’
1978: ‘No End in Sight’ to 30-Year Cooling Trend
1988: Maldives completely under water in 30 years
1989: Rising seas to ‘obliterate’ nations by 2000
1989: New York City’s West Side Highway underwater by 2019
2000: ‘Children won’t know what snow is.’
2002: Famine in 10 years
2004: Britain to have Siberian climate by 2020
2008: Arctic will be ice-free by 2018
2008: Al Gore warns of ice-free Arctic by 2013
2009: Prince Charles says only 8 years to save the planet
2009: UK prime minister says 50 days to ‘save the planet from catastrophe’
2009: Arctic ice-free by 2014
2013: Arctic ice-free by 2015
2013: Arctic ice-free by 2016
2014: Only 500 days before ‘climate chaos’

And there are tons more: https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-years-of-failed-eco-pocalyptic-predictions/

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 2

Yes and the problem we have is that there are so many people that actually believe all this junk. For one simple reason- the people that promote it are wealthy, prominent, people that have been in the limelight too long. Even the colleges and universities teach our children all this crap. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:01 AM, williambryan392 said:

As much as I'm enjoying it, there comes a point when arguing with internet strangers just isn't worth it.

Thanks. I had no plans to answer the same questions again and again anyway. 

On 6/2/2022 at 8:10 AM, kendal1747 said:

Going totally green=your gasoline price at the pump, your last grocery receipt. Just wait until the end of summer, groceries are expected to double.

The current and upcoming price hikes are due to the ongoing aggression of an "oil rich" populist. Stop blaming renewables for that! Period. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

You get all your info from the internet and the movies and possibly fake news. You are failing to see or won't see the fact that oil has been taken away from the US. Pipelines have been shut down. We are having to buy most from outside. Your renewables as you call them are not producing squat. Stop arguing with nothing to prove your point. The greedy people in power are the ones you need to look at. Bill Gates isn't using a solar plane, neither is George Soros or John Kerry. But they jet around telling everyone else to stop using them. You just want to argue for the sake of it. Your renewables cannot produce enough, if they were we would not have to buy from Opec and other foreign countries. But you keep pumping your truths out. Makes you look real good. 

Edited by kendal1747
  • Like 8

lmao 

I have no idea where to begin.

19 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

You get all your info from the internet and the movies and possibly fake news.

You and newsmike are the only ones who have quoted from and discussed movies until now. Thanks for calling out.

You are failing to see or won't see the fact that oil has been taken away from the US. Pipelines have been shut down.

Biden has allowed more drilling. I don't see your point. Go thank him.

It seems you're interested in the US only - while I'm concerned about the whole planet. It doesn't matter to me where the oil comes from. It shouldn't have to come at all.

But wait for it.

We are having to buy most from outside

if they were we would not have to buy from Opec and other foreign countries.

US exports more than it imports...

Gross imports : 8.47 M barrels per day
Gross exports : 8.63 M barrels per day

Source: https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

No one is forced to buy from OPEC or whoever. 

It's the same oil conglomerates raising prices and raking profits that keep trying to disparage renewable(s). So maybe, you should be speaking against them instead.

Even if US was pumping more, they would simply export it to the EU and other russ-oil-gas importers. The prices will still rise. But I'm sure average people can't grasp the alternate reality.

P.S. I'm done with this discussion. I've had a good laugh writing this one - but I won't be engaging on this topic anymore. Feel free to respond however you wish. Thanks & ciao.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted yesterday at 06:47 AM

lmao 

I have no idea where to begin.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:01 AM,  kendal1747 said: 

You get all your info from the internet and the movies and possibly fake news.

You and newsmike are the only ones who have quoted from and discussed movies until now. Thanks for calling out.

You are failing to see or won't see the fact that oil has been taken away from the US. Pipelines have been shut down.

Biden has allowed more drilling. I don't see your point. Go thank him.

It seems you're interested in the US only - while I'm concerned about the whole planet. It doesn't matter to me where the oil comes from. It shouldn't have to come at all.

But wait for it.

We are having to buy most from outside

if they were we would not have to buy from Opec and other foreign countries.

US exports more than it imports...

Gross imports : 8.47 M barrels per day
Gross exports : 8.63 M barrels per day

Source: https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

No one is forced to buy from OPEC or whoever. 

It's the same oil conglomerates raising prices and raking profits that keep trying to disparage renewable(s). So maybe, you should be speaking against them instead.

Even if US was pumping more, they would simply export it to the EU and other russ-oil-gas importers. The prices will still rise. But I'm sure average people can't grasp the alternate reality.

P.S. I'm done with this discussion. I've had a good laugh writing this one - but I won't be engaging on this topic anymore. Feel free to respond however you wish. Thanks & ciao.

You can go to the government and take numbers, but are they true numbers? The United States was the top producer of oil before Biden shut down the oil supply lines. You think that did not hurt the world supply chain? it affects everything. Biden has put so many restrictions on drilling and permit after permit. Want to drill? Give us your bank account. Obama did the same thing. By the way, like Newsmaker said that Obama and his wife bought a house on Martha's Vineyard for several million dollars and if they are concerned about the climate change; why buy a house only a couple hundred yards from the ocean. They will get flooded, right? The icebergs are melting, so you better look out Obama. You will be washed away. You do not know what you are talking about. Yes, people will be forced to buy from Opec, Russia, wherever they can get it. It is the world's lifeline. Anything you use come from oil? Go look at the by-products made from oil. 

I am not the only one laughing at your posts.

Obama shut down mines with no answer as to how these people would find other work. No one cared. I know I lived in that area. My father was a welder and kept 2 coke plants going. 

Go ahead and agree to go GREEN, you will find out just how much you will have to sacrafice with the aftermath and it isn't going to get any better, just wait until September. When I want a laugh, I will just read more of your laugh corner comments about the going Green deals. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 6/8/2022 at 9:21 AM, williambryan392 said:

I used to be a fan of his, but with all the stuff around the vaccine, microchipping and 5G issues he lost me

Did you hear about how he wanted to block out the sun to prevent "climate change?"  This is James Bond villain type insanity. 

https://news.yahoo.com/bill-gates-backing-plan-to-stop-climate-change-by-blocking-out-the-sun-183601437.html

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, newsmike said:

Did you hear about how he wanted to block out the sun to prevent "climate change?"  This is James Bond villain type insanity.

Should any of us be very shocked or surprised at anything Bill Gates suggests? He is suppose to be a very intelligent person, but undoubtedly age or something really bad is happening to him. Could he be going through some kind of mental brain disorder? 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

Should any of us be very shocked or surprised at anything Bill Gates suggests? He is suppose to be a very intelligent person, but undoubtedly age or something really bad is happening to him. Could he be going through some kind of mental brain disorder? 

I firmly believe that unlimited wealth and power drives many people to madness.  Look at the goblins that actually run the world. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Congrats! 1

5 hours ago, elisajohns said:

This is not acceptable, because ecology is one of the most pressing problems at the moment and we must do everything to solve this problem.

Unfortunately, politicians are leading the efforts, which do little to solve the actual problems, while they fly hundreds of private jets to Davos to discuss, among other things, environmental issues. Gotta laugh.  

• Like 9

We appreciate your sharing these points with other buyers and sellers. Also, about appearing to explain these issues. The situation is so dire that politicians cannot be trusted. 
I believe there is no rocket science for solve these issues very soon. Definitely, we need to sacrifice. You are correct there are many freelancers from Srilanka who are stuck. Because of power cuts and other you mentioned issues. 
People who are looking for dollars are working on a plan at the moment but it is really sad when you think about how much other poor people are suffering.😢
We hope to have some relief soon.
Again I appreciate you for explaining these. 

• Like 7

On 6/7/2022 at 5:00 AM, corsogr said:

Worth visiting Sri Lanka this period?

If I say yes, it would be a fat lie. I'm a Sri Lankan, we need foreigners and oversea investments as well. Due to the current situation; things are not well for us.
So, feel free to visit, but you might feel some discomfort here, and there.
Cheers!

On 6/11/2022 at 12:58 AM, newsmike said:

I firmly believe that unlimited wealth and power drives many people to madness.  Look at the goblins that actually run the world. 

OMG! That some explosives, right? And I totally agree. Corruption starts with power and wealth.

• Like 6

On 5/23/2022 at 12:14 AM, anjalika101seo said:

A message to fellow community members,

For those who don't know Sri Lanka, it is a country that one is lucky to be born in. An island circled by pristine beaches🏖️, white sands, and land that is brimming with greenery🌴 and a place where you'll find the most generous human beings👩🧑.

Unfortunately, due to corrupted politicians, Sri Lanka has come to a state where people are suffering to carry on with their lives. It is with so much pain that I leave this note😔, and I want to raise awareness of this matter among the Fiverr community.

In short, as a result of the financial crisis, Sri Lanka is going through a chronic stage of foreign currency shortages, inflation, constant power cuts, and severe shortages of medicine, fuel, and other basic goods. Due to inflation, the cost of living is extremely high. Food prices are skyrocketing. Power failures are affecting office workers and remote workers. Generators are also not an option due to fuel shortages. People are stressed, and their lives are filled with uncertainty and great fear about what the future holds😟.

The point that I'm trying to make:

Above things are just a glimpse of what's happening in our lives. A year ago, I joined Fiverr, and now it has become my full-time job. I know that there are many talented Sri Lankans on Fiverr who make a living out of it. When I say this, I speak for all my people. If you are a buyer who has worked with a Sri Lankan seller before, are currently working with one or wish to work with one in the near future, this is a time we really need your orders🙏. You may not have any idea how much it means to us.

Many sellers are failing to deliver their orders due to regular power cuts. So, please be patient with your seller. They are trying their best to provide you with exceptional service. Please be kind enough to communicate with the seller about the delivery time before placing the order, as they may need to extend it. Your flexibility is invaluable to the Sri Lankan sellers at the moment. Whenever you are going to purchase a service on Fiverr, you can find a talented seller from Sri Lanka and give them a try. That way, not only will you get your work done, but also you'll be helping a vulnerable individual who is struggling to make a living🥺.

Finally, please accept my heartfelt gratitude for taking your valuable time to hear me out. Help us make a contribution to the economy of our country and survive in these difficult times using our skills!

Pray for Sri Lanka!

Your name, "Anjalika" is an ancient Vedic phrase. it means "Arjuna's Arrwos" or "one of his arrows".🏹 He was one of the most skilled warriors and heroes in the Hinud Epic Maharbharatha. 

He was supported by the God Krishna, and was given many Celestial Arrows that can pierce through anything and defeat anyone.🏹

You my dear, However, has not Pierce through all the lies and mist surrounding Sri Lankan Politics, Media, Political Parties, Social Media Personalities and Influencers! 

You start by blaming "Corrupt Politicians", how many of these "Corrupt politicians" came to power by themselves? did they come there through inheritance or force? or through some divine intervention? 🤣

No they didn't. 

Sri Lanka  is a Democracy, and our "People" have the Ultimate power of Sovereignty.

those "Corrupt Politicians" you mentioned were VOTED IN by the same "People"

they were GIVEN POWER by the same "People"... Sri Lankans! 🙃 Every time, every election since 1948.. for the past 75 years! 🤣

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "In a Democracy, if people have Voted in Thiefs and Idiots, then the People of that Democracy are very well Represented." 

Sri Lanka is going through a very difficualt time, and it is solely because of the Stupidity and Irrationlity of Sri Lankan People. Mahatma Gandhi was right, Sri Lankans are very well Represented and in my view, they Reaped what they Sawed.... Sad but that's the Reality. and the Future is not so Nice for Sri Lanka as well.

I'm from Sri Lanka too by the way, but I don't recognise myself as a "Sri Lankan", because I'm not as silly and idiotic as an average "Sri Lankan".   

hope you are doing well and that your family is safe and are in good health! stay safe, take care.🙂

Budu Saranai, Om Namah Shivay and may the God Bless You.. 🙏

• Like 4

On 6/7/2022 at 5:00 AM, corsogr said:

Worth visiting Sri Lanka this period?

Absolutely❤! Here's why 👉 https://fb.watch/dDcPuxF2_2/

On 6/12/2022 at 1:27 PM, the_c0ttage said:

Your name, "Anjalika" is an ancient Vedic phrase. it means "Arjuna's Arrwos" or "one of his arrows".🏹 He was one of the most skilled warriors and heroes in the Hinud Epic Maharbharatha. 

He was supported by the God Krishna, and was given many Celestial Arrows that can pierce through anything and defeat anyone.🏹

You my dear, However, has not Pierce through all the lies and mist surrounding Sri Lankan Politics, Media, Political Parties, Social Media Personalities and Influencers! 

You start by blaming "Corrupt Politicians", how many of these "Corrupt politicians" came to power by themselves? did they come there through inheritance or force? or through some divine intervention? 🤣

No they didn't. 

Sri Lanka  is a Democracy, and our "People" have the Ultimate power of Sovereignty.

those "Corrupt Politicians" you mentioned were VOTED IN by the same "People"

they were GIVEN POWER by the same "People"... Sri Lankans! 🙃 Every time, every election since 1948.. for the past 75 years! 🤣

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "In a Democracy, if people have Voted in Thiefs and Idiots, then the People of that Democracy are very well Represented." 

Sri Lanka is going through a very difficualt time, and it is solely because of the Stupidity and Irrationlity of Sri Lankan People. Mahatma Gandhi was right, Sri Lankans are very well Represented and in my view, they Reaped what they Sawed.... Sad but that's the Reality. and the Future is not so Nice for Sri Lanka as well.

I'm from Sri Lanka too by the way, but I don't recognise myself as a "Sri Lankan", because I'm not as silly and idiotic as an average "Sri Lankan".   

hope you are doing well and that your family is safe and are in good health! stay safe, take care.🙂

Budu Saranai, Om Namah Shivay and may the God Bless You.. 🙏

Your point is clear. Both parties are to blame. Considering the vast majority, not many people live a fruitful life. There are so many rural villages in Sri Lanka, where people don't even who the president is. Not everyone has the same level of education or understanding of politics.

As I see it, many are helpless and hopeless. They are blinded by the desire to fulfil the needs and wants in life that they struggle to find every day. They settle for less, they fall for lies, and these vulnerable people can't see what difference a simple vote would make. Politicians have mastered the art of taking advantage of the vulnerabilities of people. Making people aware of what should be done in future is what matters now. Definitely, not an easy task. Each one should be addressed in a way that they understand. Plus, unknowingness doesn't make them stupid or silly. Of course, there are some bad nuts here and there. However, categorising 'an average Sri Lankan' as silly or idiotic over an election vote is not something I agree with. That 'average Sri Lankan' can be a great father, an incredible mother, an irreplaceable employee, or a wonderful human being. They all matter. Because only they can put an end to this. Whatever the status is, whatever the education level is, wherever they come from, we should stick together, look after each other, and stand up for one another as our national anthem says, එක මවකගේ දරු කැල! (As children of one mother)

We all learned some valuable lessons during these difficult times. Let's make sure that we don't make the same mistakes ever again and do what it takes to overcome this challenge.

Having seen so many young people losing their jobs, lives, and dreams, worrying about being unable to provide for their families, having to drop their degrees as they are unable to pay, struggling to buy the daily essentials, and having to sacrifice the best time of their lives, I feel so sorry about all of us. We can not turn back what has happened. However, no one deserves to live a life like that. Let's stop blaming each other and patiently figure out a way out of this misery.

Sri Lanka will rise again! ❤🇱🇰

• Like 4

On 6/12/2022 at 11:57 AM, harithdeshan said:

OMG! That some explosives

Not really.

Lack of wealth and power drives more people to insanity. But people like bashing on the rich because it makes them feel better. 

The article shared above is about Gates Foundation funding a Harward research to build a technology that can't only shield the earth but also help create habitable atmosphere on other planets. 

But people with zero understanding of tech and money get to talk sh!t all over the tech-enabled Internet.

On 6/13/2022 at 4:04 PM, anjalika101seo said:

Sri Lanka will rise again! ❤🇱🇰

It certainly will. 

I hope the new leadership can lead the country out of crises soon enough. People as a collective have very little to say as to what happens during times like these. 

• Like 4