Strange contact messages on Telegram, is this normal?

alienone12

24 minutes ago, johanna_gw said:

I think it is hurting my response time and need to report them. 

Response rate/time wise it's probably best to respond to them saying you can only work on Fiverr and that you can't do what they are asking (without mentioning "off fiverr" or mentioning other things they have said that might get your message flagged by Fiverr) and then you can block/mark their message as spam if necessary. If you hover over a message in the inbox in the browser version it will show a report and spam option at the top of it.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

I just have a quick response saved for these spam messages. So whenever I get these messages, I just use the quick response and report + block them. And this seems to be the most efficient way to deal with the problem.

But I would love to see Fiverr add a spam filter feature in the future.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, johanna_gw said:

Hi All, 

I am getting quite a few messages from buyers wanting me to transition over to telegram or some other media, promising good money for work related to my gigs, but giving little specific detail.  I respond, professionally, within Fiverr and they ghost me.  I strongly suspect these are spam, bots or fraudsters so don't pursue them.  The first one I did pursue outside Fiverr (rookie error) and they wanted me to log in to a website with my email and email password which would then 'host' my email for me.  Obvs I didn't do that. Another wanted to pay in crypto.  

How do I report suspect bot buyer accounts? How does everyone else manage these? Is everyone else plagued by these?  I think it is hurting my response time and need to report them. 

Thanks

Jo

Yes, I also received that message, report it and block it

• Like 4

Guest dustudentttt202

i am also facing the same problem, maximum accounts are from Nigeria. what I do is either delete or mark it as spam

Hey folks.
I am having the same problem.

Would be nice to have an automatic option to not allow receiving messages from accounts no older than 3 days.
I get a sense that these spam/ suspicious accounts get wiped out really quick.

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I got in my mailbox on Fiverr offers from people that want me to connect them through the Telegram app. Personally I don't like that, and if they contact me on Fiverr we must continue on the telegram. Don't understand that kind of behavior, and mostly I think is a Spam. Also that people that contact me with this kind of offer end up in a Spam folder. Did you do that? I mean if we work we work through Fiverr official channels. I'm I right?

Fiverr-Telegram.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished making my profile and gigs, then I suddenly received a message! There I was excited that I might have my first job, but after reading the message I noticed that they where from Nigeria, have jumbled letters for usernames, and are asking me to contact them on telegram. I reported them... then I received 10 more messages like it.

Bruh... I'm still getting more at this moment.

• Like 31
  • Sad 4
  • Up 4

Welcome to our world!

I have 4-5 quick responses for spam. Luckily, we are not getting too many in my niche.

Make sure to write them something back before marking the messages as spam.

You don't want to take any chances with your inbox response rate.

Good luck!

• Like 31
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

Hello everyone, I am new to this platform and don't know how common or normal this is.

First, they wanted me to move to Telegram, and, when I refused they sent me this:

I don't think I can send the documents here on fiverr and the file is too large for email also that's why I suggested the telegram at first but I will look for a way...... Notwithstanding check your email for the last instruction on the job You're to also obtain an ID while working with us.. And if this job is well executed you will get more jobs to work on

And also got some others with this

We have a translating job offer if you are interested Cantact the username (@Projectboss1) on 👉(T...e....L...e....GR...Am...)his the one to give you the job offer

I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me more about these types of messages.

• Like 21
  • Sad 3

On 6/5/2023 at 2:39 AM, enraem said:

they where from Nigeria, have jumbled letters for usernames, and are asking me to contact them on telegram

3 red flags right there

On 6/6/2023 at 11:45 PM, boonrpl1 said:

try setting an auto-reply, this method helps with your response rate

Auto reply does not count as a reply with regard to response rate.  Even though auto reply may tell your customer that you will reply soon, you still must respond manually within the 24 hour period as always, otherwise you will be marked as unresponsive. It is not a replacement for an actual response. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 20
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...

As soon as I started my first gig, I received a message within minutes and then such spam messages never stopped (e.g. I received 5 messages in the last 15 minutes) I reported a few, even reading them and marking them as such takes a serious time. There must be a better way.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

Hi Fiverr community I joined Fiverr two days ago as a seller till now I received approx. 6 messages for data entry work, however each visitor is asking to contact on telegram for further work details. Are these visitors are reliable & legit or they are scammers? Can someone guide?

Edited by neve_sameer
  • Like 8