I just received my first “brief”!

frank_d

I just got another brief that didn't fit for the services I provide. I think I'm going to turn off the feature for a while, and continue to monitor on the forum, to see if any improvements are introduced which make this feature worth using. So far, it has just wasted my time.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone received a brief that led to an actual work opportunity?

Edited by danno1950
add info
  • Like 15
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I just got 7x the very same brief by the very same person in a row, with 2 x "PosingAsBuyer123 decided it was not the right time and decided to cancel their brief" sprinkled in between... I did reject it with "other" instead of "no service I offer", to ask Fiverr to check in the text field... 

Apart from that, it wasn't for a service I offer, as in probably 98% of all briefs I got so far, and I'm 100% sure it's a scam attempt; it had exactly the pattern of many BRs I'm seeing in BR lately, one of which I had replied to, to maybe learn more about what kind of scam it was and to confirm my suspicions to be correct, although I had zero doubt. They were correct. The pattern person insisted on me contacting them off-platform, so I didn't learn what kind of scam they are trying to pull off, but they aren't just in BRs but also in briefs. Tiring.

Résumé of the day: "Briefs" managed to be more annoying even than the usual seller inbox spam. A real pity, it's such a good idea, I hope it gets better; today was the absolute lowlight in my "brief experience" so far.

• Like 18
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I think I got 3 or 4 more, in the past 2 weeks but I deleted the email without reading the contents.

The first three was completely unrelated to what I offer so I stopped caring.
Even if the ones I've deleted were actually something I can work on, I guess I'm OK.
Not missing anything really. 

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 2

Woke up to 3 more "briefs" that not only were not for a service I offered, but also, again, scams after the same pattern as the 9 from yesterday, and as are so rampant in BR lately, that I almost want to call it SR.

As the forum topic by a seller who fell for it, shows, that leads to sellers working for that person or those people (the "BR"s/"briefs" are so similar that it probably is either the same scammer or a scammer team or ring or franchise or whatever shadiness) off-Fiverr, without getting paid.

One can only hope that at least the work they are doing is "just" normal jobs that those outsourcing scammers want done for free, and nothing that's then being used for more deceptive or illegal or otherwise questionable schemes.

I really hope Fiverr will stop this soon. Waking up to even more notifications about briefs that turn out to be even more of those scam attempts, and only to such briefs, is no nice way to start one's day. 

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 2

2 more brief notifications and accompanying mails urging me to reply quickly to stay ahead of the competition later... 💤. Same sender, same scam attempt, different countries. I suppose, I'll have ... how many countries/languages are there these days ... a whole collection, eventually. Maybe they plan an "I scammed a person from every existing country" YT video.

Is it bad for some secret rating if I stop rejecting them and waste a little less time by just checking for long enough to know it's them again...?

• Like 14
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

That isn't really the problem, though, the problem with briefs so far isn't that I'm not comfortable with any of that, but that 99% of the briefs I got, were either telegram scam attempts, or not at all for anything related to my Gigs. The system needs some major improvement. The telegram scam ones can be tricky, as sometimes, they only get out with what's actually up in your reply to their brief/BR, but it must be possible to code the thing in a way that, for example, a seller who only offers translation into Chinese, won't get briefs about translation into all the other languages, as such Gigs, at creation, have drop-downs to choose "from" and "into".

It's only been a time sink for me so far, and not because I'd not have been comfortable with any of the terms, but it was either scams, or I literally couldn't have accepted the order, because I don't provide the requested service. Plus, in many cases, unfortunately, it's been both the telegram scam and for a service I don't provide, too. 

Okay, technically, you could say, the issue were the REQUIREMENTS, because I don't want to take part in a telegram scam, or deliver something I don't offer and can't provide, but, you know.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

I've made a personal game out of it, where I take time out of my day to reject each and every one of the briefs I receive that have their budget set to "flexible".

Just for shits and giggles I sent a custom offer to two briefs that were a potentially great fit, and in both cases the budget was $40 when my "briefs" rate is set to $1,000.

The sooner Fiverr understands that they need to work on that, the better.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3
  • Up 1

On 5/8/2022 at 5:09 AM, williambryan392 said:

My latest favourite.

Has anyone had a brief that's actually led to a purchase?

Screenshot 2022-05-08 08.06.43.png

Come on, someone is trolling with that one 😄

And nope, I have not. At some point the briefs started being almost exclusively Writing & Translation but none even remotely related to the topic I cover. So, I have turned the feature off for now.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 11:09 PM, williambryan392 said:

My latest favourite.

Has anyone had a brief that's actually led to a purchase?

Screenshot 2022-05-08 08.06.43.png

Shockingly, I've had a brief turn into a job that is now into its third round of writing video scripts for a guy. At every step of the process I thought it was a scam, but he paid and approved and we've done 2 more rounds of work.

Have another potential one that I'm speaking to next week. So my rate so far is 1 real job, 1 possible job, 795 briefs related to gigs I don't offer, and 45,305 briefs asking if I can give people work. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Congrats! 1

3 minutes ago, tme2012 said:

Shockingly, I've had a brief turn into a job that is now into its third round of writing video scripts for a guy. At every step of the process I thought it was a scam, but he paid and approved and we've done 2 more rounds of work.

Have another potential one that I'm speaking to next week. So my rate so far is 1 real job, 1 possible job, 795 briefs related to gigs I don't offer, and 45,305 briefs asking if I can give people work. 

I think yours is truly a case study if you managed to land a job via briefs.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

Is anyone else getting constant phantom notifications on the mobile app, due to Briefs? 

Every time I get an unrelated notification somewhere else, I also get a couple over at the bell icon, in relation to whatever briefs I had received lately. Currently, the last brief I received was about a week ago, and I'm still getting phantom notifications for it and the one before it, every time.

Tried turning briefs off, tried deleting and reinstalling the app, even tried resetting carrier settings (which can't possibly be the problem) and nothing fixes it.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the title, this person is using the "Buyer Request" feature as a way to advertise himself and sell his "editing" ability to sellers.

The icing on top is that he claimed it's cheap, so he's actively saying he's selling something. Fiverr Staffs has to fix this loophole that people sometimes use! 

Is there any way to atleast report something like this? 

Screenshot_36.png

Edited by chronological99
Had to add the clear question
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• 6 months later...