Promoted Gigs Killed My Organic Reach!

shoaibuu

Question

Did anyone face this issue? It Fiverr promoted gigs, I was feeling lucky to have it and I was right for 1 month when I was getting orders from promoted gigs and my organic ranking but things changed after a month when the promoted gigs get unqualified. I didn't think that these promoted gigs also remove your organic rank, my gig was at top of page 1 but as soon the promoted gigs get unqualified it just ended my freelance career on Fiverr.

The below screenshot shows that when the ads get qualified the stats rise whether you turn them on or not. It means that promoted gigs totally kill my organic reach and didn't let it rank again if it's unqualified.

Help would be much appreaciated. Thanks

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 3.29.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 3.29.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 10.04.43 PM.png

10 hours ago, beeymodiba said:

The same thing just happened to me. My promoted gigs were removed and now I can't be found in the organic search. 😞

Same actually happened to me too some few months ago.

Before the promoted gigs came, my gig was performing well organically and also in terms of performance, no late deliveries, no bad ratings and overall excellent performance.

Then fiverr gave me the option to promote my gigs using the promoted gigs feature; it ran for about 2 months and i was only able to get 1 order with it. The rest of my orders came organically from the searches just as before.

After i got that one order with the promoted gigs and after delivering it successfully with positive feedback from the buyer, all of a sudden my gig got disqualified from promoted gigs for reasons which i don't know of.

This occurred around dec 1, 2021. After getting disqualified from the promoted gigs, i lost my organic traffic, i no longer found my gig in the search results and virtually my fiverr career came to a halt.

Till date, nothing has happened, no promoted gigs till now and no search appearance.

I didn't give up, i focused on working with my previous buyers instead and i was able to get few orders from that end.

Despite all the orders i have gotten since that time, no matter how hard i try to keep up the good performance, delivering excellent work and getting positive feedbacks from my repeating customers, it's seems as if the fiverr algorithm has decided to fully turn a blind eye to my profile and gig.

I have been relegated to God knows where.

It is well !!

On 2/10/2022 at 11:24 PM, donnovan86 said:

If you know how the system works, then why are you asking others for advice? 

Also, I am not supporting the system. I stopped a gig after using promoted gigs, and it went away from search for a bit, then it came back. It was active the entire time. What you don't understand is that there are other things at play when it comes to the way gigs are presented to buyers (ranked). So the fact that you were removed from promoted gigs just shows your true "rank" right now. Also, downvoting my posts won't help you man. 🙂 As I said, stop blaming the system as it's not broken. 

If you have experienced same thing? why arent you sharing? why are you just writing which is not relevant? downvoting satisfy me though!

16 hours ago, ronanroyce said:

Before the promoted gigs came, my gig was performing well organically and also in terms of performance, no late deliveries, no bad ratings and overall excellent performance.

Then fiverr gave me the option to promote my gigs using the promoted gigs feature; it ran for about 2 months and i was only able to get 1 order with it. The rest of my orders came organically from the searches just as before.

After i got that one order with the promoted gigs and after delivering it successfully with positive feedback from the buyer, all of a sudden my gig got disqualified from promoted gigs for reasons which i don't know of.

This occurred around dec 1, 2021. After getting disqualified from the promoted gigs, i lost my organic traffic, i no longer found my gig in the search results and virtually my fiverr career came to a halt.

Till date, nothing has happened, no promoted gigs till now and no search appearance.

I didn't give up, i focused on working with my previous buyers instead and i was able to get few orders from that end.

Despite all the orders i have gotten since that time, no matter how hard i try to keep up the good performance, delivering excellent work and getting positive feedbacks from my repeating customers, it's seems as if the fiverr algorithm has decided to fully turn a blind eye to my profile and gig.

It is well !!

Thank you for the response!

This is quite sad. I'm sorry to hear that. Has your income changed drastically or are you able to make up for the short fall using exisiting clients?

The worst part is that Fiverr doesn't care, no matter how many complaints they get from top sellers about this. All they do is send a generic response about how gig placement isn't guaranteed.

I'm definitely shifting from Fiverr and finding alternative sources of income. It's clearly not a realiable platform to work on, especially in the long term.

On 2/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, donnovan86 said:

I think you are looking at promoted gigs just to blame the lack of orders on something. As I said, other factors are more important, like negative reviews, cancellations, late orders. Those push you back. There was a webinar and someone from the Fiverr team stated that stopping or starting promoting gigs doesn't have any influence over your organic reach. So.. you're barking at the wrong tree here. Pretty sure promoted gigs is a feature that has nothing to do with your issue. You are also offering a service that's provided by others, with a lot more reviews and lower prices, that might have to do with it too. So yeah, there are all kinds of factors to consider.

This is quite a snotty response. So many people have reported experiencing the same thing after their ability to promote gigs was removed. 

58 minutes ago, beeymodiba said:

This is quite a snotty response. So many people have reported experiencing the same thing after their ability to promote gigs was removed. 

That doesn't mean it's Fiverr's fault. More often than not, it's due to the person not having enough sales or getting bad reviews. Either that, or the gig doesn't fall within the Promoted Gigs requirements. 

It's normal to have less traffic after you stop promoting your gigs. The gig is still active, there are tools here on Fiverr to check if the gig is active. Snotty or not, this is the truth, most topics I saw on this forum stating this issue come from people that had multiple bad reviews or cancellations as well, so you shouldn't blame just one thing

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

That doesn't mean it's Fiverr's fault. More often than not, it's due to the person not having enough sales or getting bad reviews. Either that, or the gig doesn't fall within the Promoted Gigs requirements. 

It's normal to have less traffic after you stop promoting your gigs. The gig is still active, there are tools here on Fiverr to check if the gig is active. Snotty or not, this is the truth, most topics I saw on this forum stating this issue come from people that had multiple bad reviews or cancellations as well, so you shouldn't blame just one thing

You are not understanding the issue so stop supporting the system! We all well know how the system work and without proper knowledge no one is going to open threads here! So blaming the sellers!

21 hours ago, ronanroyce said:

It is well !!

Same! After wasting so much time with the support yesterday! They just give a lollipop and said read the articles! Shame on them on the people who support such things and blaming the sellers.

I am in same situation. 

Even we performed well last month, got most of tip in Jan 2022 and all 5 star reviews. 

I spend little on promotion ads, approx $3/day, charged $45 for a month and got $1500 of sales from paid ads. My Fiverr gig was performing well in search results till Promoted gig was running, Suddenly they turn off all ads and removed gig from search results. 

Fiverr trying to monetize everything and experimenting on old sellers. Google also has a PPC ads, but It never affect on your SEO if you turn off ads. 

Fiverr is always on Buyer's side, now adding new features and making it more difficult to survive and grow. 

I have spend 4 years building this profile, always over delivered and refunded if someone is not happy, lot of late nights and almost burn my eyes. Now this profile seems useless to me. 

Customer support been super diplomatic to this issue. They are asking to promote gig on Facebook & Instagram 🙂

Thanks

Nidhi

37 minutes ago, shoaibuu said:

You are not understanding the issue so stop supporting the system! We all well know how the system work and without proper knowledge no one is going to open threads here! So blaming the sellers!

If you know how the system works, then why are you asking others for advice? 

Also, I am not supporting the system. I stopped a gig after using promoted gigs, and it went away from search for a bit, then it came back. It was active the entire time. What you don't understand is that there are other things at play when it comes to the way gigs are presented to buyers (ranked). So the fact that you were removed from promoted gigs just shows your true "rank" right now. Also, downvoting my posts won't help you man. 🙂 As I said, stop blaming the system as it's not broken. 

On 2/10/2022 at 11:22 PM, myb2bservices said:

I am in same situation. 

Even we performed well last month, got most of tip in Jan 2022 and all 5 star reviews. 

I spend little on promotion ads, approx $3/day, charged $45 for a month and got $1500 of sales from paid ads. My Fiverr gig was performing well in search results till Promoted gig was running, Suddenly they turn off all ads and removed gig from search results. 

Fiverr trying to monetize everything and experimenting on old sellers. Google also has a PPC ads, but It never affect on your SEO if you turn off ads. 

Fiverr is always on Buyer's side, now adding new features and making it more difficult to survive and grow. 

I have spend 4 years building this profile, always over delivered and refunded if someone is not happy, lot of late nights and almost burn my eyes. Now this profile seems useless to me. 

Customer support been super diplomatic to this issue. They are asking to promote gig on Facebook & Instagram 🙂

Thanks

Nidhi

Same, they kept saying to me to promote on social media!

There is something to observe, 

Fiverr's traffic has reduced 50% in Jan-Feb 2022,  this has affected on their stock value also. Check this article https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/02/07/fiverr-stock-could-still-drop-50/

Average spending went down in 2022. Core reason for traffic drop could be User experience, Fiverr added a lot of features at onces in 2021. It's tough to digest for layman. 

Same thing happened to me also. I was given intial credit for ads by fiverr and  Since its ad credit it can be used only for promotions. 

So I just tried promotion. I was getting around $1200 per month and above before promotion of gigs till that day. After end of promotion Gigs gone from search results and my views reduced from 8k to 300 and then to 0. Then it was hard for me and never went up.

Fiverr promotion was just a curse for me. 😶😶

1 hour ago, vsjforall said:

So I just tried promotion. I was getting around $1200 per month and above before promotion of gigs till that day. After end of promotion Gigs gone from search results and my views reduced from 8k to 300 and then to 0. Then it was hard for me and never went up.

The thing is, you don't want to rely solely on Promoted Gigs. It's ok to use on less popular gigs you have, but not on all. I for one just use it on newer gigs to acquire some boost. Once people outbid you, then you most likely end up not getting any orders from that. Which is why adjusting your bid might help.

23 hours ago, vsjforall said:

Same thing happened to me also. I was given intial credit for ads by fiverr and  Since its ad credit it can be used only for promotions. 

Fiverr promotion was just a curse for me. 😶😶

Same is everyone bro! Its just frustrating! 

On 2/14/2022 at 9:04 PM, ashiqraazz said:

I Think My Opinion Is : Promoted Gigs helped me boost my business.

The main benefit is that you only pay when someone clicks on your Gig.” “Promoted Gigs are truly effective ... 

if you can use properly you get more earning that you invest 

No doubt its good and generate many sales but you will see! When the ads gets unqualified for no reason than its the end of your account. All the organic reach gonna be zero which is the main issue everyone facing.

30 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You also need to keep in mind that you had 2 negative reviews that most likely killed your organic reach. So I think it has more to do with that rather than promoted gigs. The promoted gigs feature works fine with me, I set it for 2 of my newer gigs and they do bring me some messages, maybe even clients. But I don't rely on that for work. As I said, getting removed from the first page has more to do with how much work you have, what reviews you receive, and how well do other people perform. If others are getting much better performance than you, then obviously you will be pushed back. Not to mention Fiverr also promotes newer people too. 

Also, if you had cancellations or late deliveries, that matters too.

That's true! But promoted gigs has to do with my new gigs? Why my all gigs effected? Why all of my gigs start getting impression as soon it came? Why all the gigs get remove from ranking due to some of promoted gigs? Why I get promoted gigs after weeks or months and then go away without getting new orders or I don't even turn it on? Not all the accounts are same, and without any problem no-one open threads here!

The exact same thing happened to me. 4-5 days ago I lost promoted gigs feature for no reason. Yeah, NO REASON at all! I didn't get bad reviews, didn't miss deadlines. I lost promotion for 2 of my gigs at the exact same time. I'm attaching 2 screenshots, a huge drop in stats happened after this situation. I also tried to search my gigs up using incognito mode but could only find them using very precise filter options (like country, seller level etc.)

gig1.png

gig2.png

12 hours ago, rimansuval2 said:

The exact same thing happened to me. 4-5 days ago I lost promoted gigs feature for no reason. Yeah, NO REASON at all! I didn't get bad reviews, didn't miss deadlines. I lost promotion for 2 of my gigs at the exact same time. I'm attaching 2 screenshots, a huge drop in stats happened after this situation. I also tried to search my gigs up using incognito mode but could only find them using very precise filter options (like country, seller level etc.)

gig1.png

gig2.png

That's true, its just make our ranked gig invisible from the search. Can you see mine fall from 900 impression per day to 80 impression

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 1.26.53 PM.png

Archived