What song describes you / your current mood perfectly?

katakatica

Hey all!

I've have a tough week or so (work/personal stuff gets bad sometimes, right?) and felt like it'd be great to make another 'fun' thread. So, hit me with the song(s) that describe you (or your mood right now) perfectly! Mine is a new obsession of mine but it fits (my friends joke about me being 'evil' all the time, but as a horror writer I just don't see it, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC4vBN4sPjw&ab_channel=MeghanTrainorVEVO

This one when I'm able to stay happy, which is most of the time. Like, 80% of the time.

Cheesy, yes, but it's a joy-infused "starting over" anthem and I need that right now.

But when I'm in grief mode, this one:

Context: my husband of 21 years and the father of my four kids died right before Halloween this past fall so I've been... well, rebuilding. Thankful for my work at this time.

RIGHT NOW?? 
Let's see, I just got to my office and it's Saturday morning.
If there a song that says something like
"I don't want to go to work and i want to stay in bed because it's so freaking cold outside" in English?

There is a Japanese song like that but I can't find an English one...

6 hours ago, zeus777 said:

If there a song that says something like
"I don't want to go to work and i want to stay in bed because it's so freaking cold outside" in English?

There's an almost fitting one in French that I used to sing at work:

https://youtu.be/Lle_GA1cg20

It goes something like:

'I don't want to work / I don't want to have lunch / I jus want to forget / and then to smoke (a cigarette)'

My French is kinda unused, so I apologise if the translation is incorrect, but I hope you'll like it!

13 hours ago, kataedits said:

This topic is an awesome idea, Kata! I'm always nervous to share my preferences, but I hope the above one is not too... heavy?

I love topics like this!
Will definitely check out all the songs (I'm up super early for a Saturday, so I'm mostly in 'je ne veux pas traveiller' mode, but...I'm trying! After moving back home from Paris I listened to this really nice French playlist all the time that had pretty cool songs (I do think the translation is okay, by the way... but my French needs work, too!)

Just realized that we are both Katas, from the same country and we speak (some of) the same languages. How fun! 

7 hours ago, zeus777 said:

RIGHT NOW?? 

I feel this now! Would love to hear the Japanese song though (because... I'm always curious) if it really does exist!

Huh, I thought I posted a reply to @katakatica with the Youtube video of the song, was it removed???
Strange, I'll go ahead and try again.
The song title is "I don't wanna leave my blanket" and it basically goes like

It's morning time,
it's so soft and warm in my blanket
I need to get up
I need to get out of my blanket...

*heavy metal voice

IT'S COLD IT'S COLD IT'S COOOOOLD OMG IT'S!! COLD!!!!

....and the song basically goes on, with the penguin (how ironic...)
telling us how cold it is outside the blanket and how tough it is to
get out and get things done like simply going to the restroom.

On 2/6/2022 at 2:25 AM, zeus777 said:

The song title is "I don't wanna leave my blanket" and it basically goes like

Okay, this is both adorable and hilarious! Reminds me of a person I know so I'll be sending it to them! I can definitely relate to the little penguin, I have a hard time crawling out of bed as well these days!

Archived