Don't ruin the market with your low gig price !

only_nurnobi

Do you want to be a successful freelancers ? 

If your answer is yes! then read carefully and maintain this through your freelance career. There are some people who think that if they offer low price for their service then they will get more and more order. But in my opinion they are wrong! Though the Fiverr pricing start from $5 isn't mean you should start your pricing from $5. Charge which is right for your service. Suppose a buyer ask you to design a Logo for his/her brand how much you will charge ? It is right that you have to maintain your competitive price but if you work with less amount than your services I think your are the one who ruin the market and you have to pay this in future. 

So , My humble request to all seller that don't ruin the market charge your right price.

Thanks

1 hour ago, only_nurnobi said:

if you work with less amount than your services I think your are the one who ruin the market and you have to pay this in future.

What does this mean? How will a low-priced freelancer ruin the market and, "have to pay this in the future"? Pay what?

Just now, jonbaas said:

What does this mean? How will a low-priced freelancer ruin the market and, "have to pay this in the future"? Pay what?

I doesn't mean low-priced freelancer I mean the personal who sales the price lower that it's real price. A personal can do the complete work with his choice price.. But My opinion that he should charge similar price than other charges . In Marketplace 1 page WordPress  website  mostly charge $40-$100 . A new one should make charge between $40-100 not less or not $5 or $15 but you will see that there are some sellers who are selling same services with $5-$20. and this is the point if someone get  a same service with $20 why they purchase from you with $50-$100. That's why I said " if you work with less amount than your services I think your are the one who ruin the market and have to pay in future" Because the service price will down. 

8 minutes ago, only_nurnobi said:

I doesn't mean low-priced freelancer I mean the personal who sales the price lower that it's real price.

Exactly. This is the very definition of a low-priced freelancer. 🙄

10 minutes ago, only_nurnobi said:

But My opinion that he should charge similar price than other charges .

So, your opinion is that you are frustrated that your competitors choose to offer their prices at a lower level than you, and that results in them earning the sales that you want? That is the defintion of a free market, which Fiverr is. If you don't like what your competitors are doing, then find ways to out-compete your competition. 

Complaining that your competitors are doing something that results in the sales you want, does nothing to change your fortunes.

Sellers do not deserve sales, just because they are sellers on Fiverr. Great sellers learn how to out-compete their competitors, and EARN their orders.

1 minute ago, jonbaas said:

Exactly. This is the very definition of a low-priced freelancer. 🙄

So, your opinion is that you are frustrated that your competitors choose to offer their prices at a lower level than you, and that results in them earning the sales that you want? That is the defintion of a free market, which Fiverr is. If you don't like what your competitors are doing, then find ways to out-compete your competition. 

Complaining that your competitors are doing something that results in the sales you want, does nothing to change your fortunes.

Sellers do not deserve sales, just because they are sellers on Fiverr. Great sellers learn how to out-compete their competitors, and EARN their orders.

I am not frustrated about that this is  my opinion and most of the freelancers also .  I think for New Freelancer it will help. They should charge similar than others otherwise they have to maintain same price... Even they are Leveled Freelancer and they can be looses their permanent client . A client who purchase from him regularly with $20 they will not purchase from you $50 Even if you are Top Rated they will try to find someone who will charge similar . You are right about  "Great sellers learn how to out-compete their competitors, and EARN their orders " and I agree too but there are some client who doesn't care about budget they care about quality and If you need quality you have to pay good amount that's why they will looses some good client who can  be his/her permanent client.

I am not frustrated about that this

Very well. It sounded like you were.

my opinion and most of the freelancers also

How do you know that this is the opinion of "most of the freelancers"? Have you conducted a poll of 1,000 or more freelancers, in order to build a fair representation of the freelancer base? Please do not make random assumptions that you cannot support with facts.

I've been doing this freelancer thing a LOT longer than you have, and I personally know a wide range of fellow freelancers that would tell you the same things I told you, about Fiverr being a free market allowing sellers to set whatever prices they wish. If you are of the opinion that your competitors are out-competing you on price, then find other ways to out-compete them for customers. Fiverr is a free and open marketplace. If you want to succeed here, you have to learn how to compete for the same customers everyone else wants.

15 minutes ago, only_nurnobi said:

but there are some client who doesn't care about budget they care about quality and If you need quality you have to pay good amount that's why they will looses some good client who can  be his/her permanent client.

Great. Then compete for these customers, and convince them to hire you.

22 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Very well. It sounded like you were.

How do you know that this is the opinion of "most of the freelancers"? Have you conducted a poll of 1,000 or more freelancers, in order to build a fair representation of the freelancer base? Please do not make random assumptions that you cannot support with facts.

I've been doing this freelancer thing a LOT longer than you have, and I personally know a wide range of fellow freelancers that would tell you the same things I told you, about Fiverr being a free market allowing sellers to set whatever prices they wish. If you are of the opinion that your competitors are out-competing you on price, then find other ways to out-compete them for customers. Fiverr is a free and open marketplace. If you want to succeed here, you have to learn how to compete for the same customers everyone else wants.

You didn't get my point brother hopefully soon you will get it... By the way thanks it was a great conversion

3 hours ago, only_nurnobi said:

I doesn't mean low-priced freelancer I mean the personal who sales the price lower that it's real price. A personal can do the complete work with his choice price.. But My opinion that he should charge similar price than other charges . In Marketplace 1 page WordPress  website  mostly charge $40-$100 . A new one should make charge between $40-100 not less or not $5 or $15 but you will see that there are some sellers who are selling same services with $5-$20. and this is the point if someone get  a same service with $20 why they purchase from you with $50-$100. That's why I said " if you work with less amount than your services I think your are the one who ruin the market and have to pay in future" Because the service price will down. 

Some sellers don't have the skill to sell ANYTHING for $40-$100. The people who sell logos for $5-$10 probably started less than a year ago and use templates they found online. I sell ghostwritten hip-hop verses for $50 (16 bars). I see people who offer the same service at $15. Their price doesn't effect my gig at all. If someone wants to pay $15 for a verse, go right ahead. If they like what I personally offer, great! My price is set.

6 hours ago, only_nurnobi said:

You didn't get my point brother

I am not your brother; we are not related. If you need to call me something, please be professional and use my Fiverr username.

6 hours ago, only_nurnobi said:

hopefully soon you will get it

I am well aware of what you were saying. I responded appropriately, and in line with your commentary.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:53 AM, only_nurnobi said:

Do you want to be a successful freelancers ? 

If your answer is yes! then read carefully and maintain this through your freelance career. There are some people who think that if they offer low price for their service then they will get more and more order. But in my opinion they are wrong! Though the Fiverr pricing start from $5 isn't mean you should start your pricing from $5. Charge which is right for your service. Suppose a buyer ask you to design a Logo for his/her brand how much you will charge ? It is right that you have to maintain your competitive price but if you work with less amount than your services I think your are the one who ruin the market and you have to pay this in future. 

So , My humble request to all seller that don't ruin the market charge your right price.

Thanks

you are absolutely right, for this wrong concept we are losing our actual demand and Remuneration for work

Thi is free market and I will tell you why low prices gigs won´t ruin the market:

1 - A free market stabilizes itselfs naturaly according to demands and offers.

2 - Everybody needs to feeds thenselves. Of course a $5 gig for a very complex job will results in a big frustration to the seller. Its just unsustainable working for $5 in a job that requires a lot of efforts and days to be done. When bills comes in the end of month, you have no choice. The seller will have just 2 choices: 1-raise prices or 2-get out of marketing.

3 - A third choice would be to lower your efforts and time to do the job, so you can keep selling for $5. But lowering efforts and time also means lowering quality. So be sure, a seller that sells video editing gigs for 5$-20$ has not same quality compared to a seller gig of $50-$100. And buyers that realy cares about quality will spend much more for a good job done.

So, there is just 3 choices for a $5 seller: 1-raises prices, 2-lower quality or 3-get out of marketing.

So don´t worry, all these low price gig sellers will be selling on normal prices soon or they will be out of Fiverr soon. They will be adjusted to the market naturaly.

1 minute ago, chessart_studio said:

Thi is free market and I will tell you why low prices gigs won´t ruin the market:

1 - A free market stabilizes itselfs naturaly according to demands and offers.

2 - Everybody needs to feeds thenselves. Of course a $5 gig for a very complex job will results in a big frustration to the seller. Its just unsustainable working for $5 in a job that requires a lot of efforts and days to be done. When bills comes in the end of month, you have no choice. The seller will have just 2 choices: 1-raise prices or 2-get out of marketing.

3 - A third choice would be to lower your efforts and time to do the job, so you can keep selling for $5. But lowering efforts and time also means lowering quality. So be sure, a seller that sells video editing gigs for 5$-20$ has not same quality compared to a seller gig of $50-$100. And buyers that realy cares about quality will spend much more for a good job done.

So, there is just 3 choices for a $5 seller: 1-raises prices, 2-lower quality or 3-get out of marketing.

So don´t worry, all these low price gig sellers will be selling on normal prices soon or they will be out of Fiverr soon. They will be adjusted to the market naturaly.

Like it.....

There are always someone give lower price. Market decided. It's all about supply and demand. Someone willing to pay higher price, someone can't afford it, which is fine.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:53 AM, only_nurnobi said:

but if you work with less amount than your services

No need to worry about. If someone do this, they would out of business. It all about time.

But, if someone have the right system with cheaper price but has good product. Why not?

Price also depend on living cost which is different in every country.

So, for me: Let's market decide

Archived