Dropped level cause of a blocked buyer

sherkhanshani

Question

Sorry for long post and i hope i am posting this in correct section.
Just got a level drop 😞  After working 5 years and maintaining 5 stars. A blocked buyer order me somehow and i contact CS just to know how this happened. They replied me

"Please be advised that even though you disabled the user's ability to contact you, they can still place an order."

After that they reply me 

"I have reviewed and canceled the order however, please note that it will affect your stats since we can have no impact on that. The system automatically decides whether the cancellation"

I asked him if she will be able to order me again cause i don't want a high cancelation rate 😞 so they reply me

"I'm afraid they will be able to place another order with you despite the fact that you disabled the user's ability to contact you. In case this happens, please let us know and we will intervene"

Lets suppose if that happen again i wouldn't let CS know that cause they will cancel it hence the cancelation rate 😞 I did a quick search and found that https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011288898  It says

"You can also block a buyer by using the report a message feature as seen in your inbox.
Once the buyer has been blocked, they will not be able to communicate or place an order with you."

According to this it's not possible that buyer can place order after blocking it. I mentioned that to CS and they reply

"I completely understand your concern. I can confirm that you have already blocked the buyer from contacting you. In theory, this should prevent the buyer from both contacting you again and from placing a new order. However, in case anything unpredicted happens in the future, I will ask you to reach back to us, and we will assist to the best of our abilities."

At this stage i was like what. I thought they can still order after blocking and that is what i get from CS but now that i found the link which says it's not possible then that's what i got from CS as well that it's not possible.
Super confuse at this stage now and because of this cancelation i got dropped from level 2 to level 1.
Before that one another order got cancelled cause they order $5 gig and asked for $100 work. I told them that in my gig i clearly mentioned that
"
Feel free to ask any question you have here" and then the link which leads to conversation section.

Again sorry for long post and I still don't know if it was a bug or blocked buyer still can order?

2 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

After opening multiple tickets with CS in the past months, I have learned that it entirely depends on the CS agent attending your ticket, whether you will get a solution or not. 

Sometimes, you get very nice and understanding CS, and sometimes the agents who just copy & paste the automated messages, and don't help at all.

Like in this case, I am afraid that the agent that attended the ticket isn't very confident about the functioning and guidelines of Fiverr.

Again, agreed.

I had a very negative experience with two orders that glitched out on me at the same time and I was afraid to lose my Level badge because one of these bugs made my completion rates drop to 94% little before the monthly evaluation. I talked to different agents who took over for about a week or more and the amount of contratictions there was insane. It started with a very nice agent who told me not to worry because it wasn't my fault at all and thus I could come back and let them know in case my rates would be affected. The moment I did, someone else told me there was nothing they could do with my rates and completely disregarded what the other person said. This went on an on until someone new came in again and wrote something completely irrelevant to the previous conversation. Most agents also mark your ticket as solved right after their reply, only for you to reopen it countless times because in fact, the issue is still there.

Trying again won't really hurt though considering the situation. This needs to be reported to the tech team (by the CS agents) and resolved as soon as possible.

On 12/15/2021 at 1:40 PM, nika_3dartist said:

After opening multiple tickets with CS in the past months, I have learned that it entirely depends on the CS agent attending your ticket, whether you will get a solution or not. 

Agree 100 %. I had a similar question and I was told that if I block someone they will never ever be able to buy from me.

On 12/22/2021 at 12:58 AM, badhon804037 said:

I'm Already Face This Problem, First Remove Your old Gig And Properly Create another Gig with same description, tags, title, image.

I don't know if i can do that. I worked so hard and i am kind a person just stick to one account.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:39 PM, rodrigollorca said:

Here's some advice. Keep going. Stop thinking about it. 
You will get ahead and keep working well on the platform if you are a good worker.

Another tip is to try not to have $5 gigs.
Try to raise the filter a little bit.

Thanks and indeed best advice.

I noticed another problem now. After that dropped I did 11 orders with 5 starts review plus 2 clients TIP me but "order completion" is still %89 😞 
Is this normal

11orders 7 5stars 2tips.jpg

On 12/15/2021 at 11:03 PM, rawque_gulia said:

Maybe you should re-open your ticket and request another CS agent to have a look  at this issue. I also have some cancellations where a buyer placed an order and asked for a $100 work for $5. But after contacting CS, they fulfilled my Order Completion Rate, and I never had any problem.

Here ii your case, you even blocked the buyer. And if somehow he is managed to place an order because of any bug, then simply it's not your mistake. Fiverr CS should fulfill your Order Completion Rate, and report this bug to the further technical team.

Strongly agreed , clearly it is a system error and CS may just cancel it without harming your completion rates. You should give a try to re-open your ticket.

Dude, I had something similar happen to me with a bad person. He even threatened me at my gig and left a comment saying my work was crap and blah, blah, blah. 

I talked to CS and they said they couldn't do anything about it. 
I feel like a lot of times they don't even take the time to analyze cases. Anyone can leave you a bad review with lies about your work.

If you are a good worker you will keep working. Luckily the vast majority of people are good buyers. And if you are a good salesman there will be no problems.

Here's some advice. Keep going. Stop thinking about it. 
You will get ahead and keep working well on the platform if you are a good worker.

Another tip is to try not to have $5 gigs.
Try to raise the filter a little bit.

Some people are really difficult to deal with. I had a few accepting to start a job with me and the moment I sent a custom offer they just disappeared. I don't really mind as in the end that won't affect me in any way (it would mainly result in a waste of time and I'd appreciate if they could at least let me know they changed their mind or found someone else), but I usually withdraw the offer within the following 48 hours if the person doesn't accept, so that I can keep the slot available for anyone else truly interested.

But, people cancelling on you just because they suddenly developed a different opinion about your work is absurd. Either you like something or you don't... yet again I've heard of buyers acting all happy and satisfied about what the seller delivered, only for them to come back and request a revision or cancellation because someone else told them the work was awful 😅

If you had over 800 completed orders, maybe 50 cancelled ones isn't really that bad, but I understand the frustration. I also understand what you are talking about because I'm a 3D artist too and more often than not I have my inbox filled with requests from people who "need this done ASAP" or expect me to deliver over 20 character designs in render form in less than a month. 3D takes time, no doubt about it.

This is funny. I usually send video preview of 3d model so client can see how it looks. If they say they liked it then i send custom offer but still sometime they changed their mind and say they don't like it after i send the model in delivery section 😕 and it ends up canceling. 
I have total 869 orders completed and 50 were canceled. How is this? Is this normal, higher or lower?

Orders Cancel.JPG
and this is my rating.

Rating.JPG
Edit
Some cancelation were mistaken order, some of them were priced very low and some of them were not satisfied after i send model preview in conversation section. Just so you know it takes 1 to 3 days and more making 1 3d model so i mentioned this in conversation section like "it will take 2 to 3 days for me to send you video preview"
I know some of you will think it's bad strategy but this way i know for sure that they liked it.

12 hours ago, sherkhanshani said:

Bravo. I didn't knew this is even possible to get money back after cancellation.

Yeah, they kept me on hold for a week though before confirming they had in fact restored the amount I earned (they were investigating over the right action to take and see if it was possible). They said that what I did was in the scope of the order despite the requested cancellation, so in the end it was my right to get what I worked so hard for.

3 hours ago, sherkhanshani said:

Bravo. I didn't knew this is even possible to get money back after cancellation.

Yes, in some very rare cases, Fiverr refurnishes the amount to the seller after the cancellation. I have read on the Forum where some people claimed that they had got the money back.

11 hours ago, nika_3dartist said:

I certainly would be incredibly irritated if that person would come back and order again despite the block.

I did so many orders to that client and she was very nice too but the bigger problem was money. If i do more work then i will definitely charge more. I told client that and complete the work in lower rate. She order again which i specifically told not to and i asked her politely that if this happened again i will block her and then i worked again. What was i thinking. She order again 😞 

11 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Maybe you should re-open your ticket and request another CS agent to have a look  at this issue. I also have some cancellations where a buyer placed an order and asked for a $100 work for $5. But after contacting CS, they fulfilled my Order Completion Rate, and I never had any problem.

Here ii your case, you even blocked the buyer. And if somehow he is managed to place an order because of any bug, then simply it's not your mistake. Fiverr CS should fulfill your Order Completion Rate, and report this bug to the further technical team.

That feels so good to hear. This is how it should work. I will do that. Hope it works or at least in future.

Archived