Dropped level cause of a blocked buyer

sherkhanshani

Question

Sorry for long post and i hope i am posting this in correct section.
Just got a level drop 😞  After working 5 years and maintaining 5 stars. A blocked buyer order me somehow and i contact CS just to know how this happened. They replied me

"Please be advised that even though you disabled the user's ability to contact you, they can still place an order."

After that they reply me 

"I have reviewed and canceled the order however, please note that it will affect your stats since we can have no impact on that. The system automatically decides whether the cancellation"

I asked him if she will be able to order me again cause i don't want a high cancelation rate 😞 so they reply me

"I'm afraid they will be able to place another order with you despite the fact that you disabled the user's ability to contact you. In case this happens, please let us know and we will intervene"

Lets suppose if that happen again i wouldn't let CS know that cause they will cancel it hence the cancelation rate 😞 I did a quick search and found that https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011288898  It says

"You can also block a buyer by using the report a message feature as seen in your inbox.
Once the buyer has been blocked, they will not be able to communicate or place an order with you."

According to this it's not possible that buyer can place order after blocking it. I mentioned that to CS and they reply

"I completely understand your concern. I can confirm that you have already blocked the buyer from contacting you. In theory, this should prevent the buyer from both contacting you again and from placing a new order. However, in case anything unpredicted happens in the future, I will ask you to reach back to us, and we will assist to the best of our abilities."

At this stage i was like what. I thought they can still order after blocking and that is what i get from CS but now that i found the link which says it's not possible then that's what i got from CS as well that it's not possible.
Super confuse at this stage now and because of this cancelation i got dropped from level 2 to level 1.
Before that one another order got cancelled cause they order $5 gig and asked for $100 work. I told them that in my gig i clearly mentioned that
"
Feel free to ask any question you have here" and then the link which leads to conversation section.

Again sorry for long post and I still don't know if it was a bug or blocked buyer still can order?

After opening multiple tickets with CS in the past months, I have learned that it entirely depends on the CS agent attending your ticket, whether you will get a solution or not. 

Sometimes, you get very nice and understanding CS, and sometimes the agents who just copy & paste the automated messages, and don't help at all.

"I'm afraid they will be able to place another order with you despite the fact that you disabled the user's ability to contact you." - Customer Support

Like in this case, I am afraid that the agent that attended the ticket isn't very confident about the functioning and guidelines of Fiverr.

2 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

Maybe you should re-open your ticket and request another CS agent to have a look  at this issue. I also have some cancellations where a buyer placed an order and asked for a $100 work for $5. But after contacting CS, they fulfilled my Order Completion Rate, and I never had any problem.

Here ii your case, you even blocked the buyer. And if somehow he is managed to place an order because of any bug, then simply it's not your mistake. Fiverr CS should fulfill your Order Completion Rate, and report this bug to the further technical team.

I agree. The guy I ended up blocking requested an order cancellation because I decided to not continue working on the project after his abusive behavior. The CS did so without affecting my rates and also gave me back the money I earned from the job. I also had another cancelled order placed by a buyer who accidentally purchased the same gig twice, again that did not affect my profile.

The buyer here managed to order despite the block and this is clearly a system error, the CS may just cancel it without harming your completion rates.

1 hour ago, sherkhanshani said:

In my 5 years working i only blocked 2 buyers which i did my best to work with but couldn't. 

I had my fair share of questionable buyers, but some people are just too much and for your own sake you have to step back and cut things off. I certainly would be incredibly irritated if that person would come back and order again despite the block.

Maybe you should re-open your ticket and request another CS agent to have a look  at this issue. I also have some cancellations where a buyer placed an order and asked for a $100 work for $5. But after contacting CS, they fulfilled my Order Completion Rate, and I never had any problem.

Here ii your case, you even blocked the buyer. And if somehow he is managed to place an order because of any bug, then simply it's not your mistake. Fiverr CS should fulfill your Order Completion Rate, and report this bug to the further technical team.

To be honest, I feel like there still are way too many bugs on the platform that should be properly taken care of; Milestone orders glitching out on the timer, extras with additional days not taking effect and potentially resulting in a late order, the Out Of Office feature not actually functioning and now blocked buyers still being able to place an order despite you disabling them. I experienced all this not long ago minus the blocked user ordering, as I have blocked only one person for being rude and abusive. I doubt this person will ever come back to me after what we went through (also involving the CS), but I understand it can be very frustrating for sellers who end up facing this problem.

Once the buyer has been blocked, they will not be able to communicate or place an order with you.

Indeed, this is what they have written in the Fiverr Order Management section. It essentially means that the blocked user ordering from you is definitely a glitch and it is not supposed to happen at all.

Archived