Are Pro Vetted, Really Vetted? πŸ€”πŸ€”

gina_riley2

Pro vetted sellers used to charge from $100 and upwards. Their profile used to exquisite.

I've looked at some of the newer sellers who have Pro Verified on their profile, yet have no gigs of $100 or the Pro badge on their gigs.

Oh, the seller profile is terribly written. The over use of the word "and!" It jumps all over the place and the gig description isn't up to par with what a Pro seller used to look like.

It leads me to ask, are the Pros really scrutinized like they used to be? How can I trust a Pro seller will deliver Pro quality with $5 gigs that have spelling errors? Don't they have success managers that oversee their gig before publishing?

@frank_dor other Pros, what's the deal?

Β 

Β 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, gina_riley2 said:

How can I trust a Pro seller will deliver Pro quality with $5 gigs that have spelling errors?

They're only pro-verified in certain subcategories. So if it's a $5 gig it won't be a "pro" service as they can't have been pro-verified in the subcategory the gig is in. The minimum price of a Pro gig is about $70 now (it probably depends on the subcategory though). So they won't really be delivering a "Pro" service in gigs that don't say it's a pro service. It should say on their profile the subcategories they're pro-verified in.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hey @gina_riley2

I was literally one of the first 10 people that got the badge back in 2017, so I would imagine both the product and the vetting process has changed considerably 4 years later.

Re: pro profiles with no pro gigs

It’s really ordinary as they first approve a user and then they get to work on them.

Getting approved is just the beginning and usually there’s some time between approval and publishing your first Pro gig.

As for their descriptions, not all Pro sellers are created equal, let’s just leave it at that.Β 

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, frank_d said:

As for their descriptions, not all Pro sellers are created equal, let’s just leave it at that.Β 

Ah, proof that even pros may turn their nose upon fellow pros! I guess this warrants the creation of a new level with a hoity-toity name like "Elite," "Expert," or the "Bee's Knees." 🐝

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

On 11/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, frank_d said:

Β 

Getting approved is just the beginning and usually there’s some time between approval and publishing your first Pro gig.

Β 

This was my experience. It took them nearly six weeks to finally migrate my gig (I kept the exact same gig, as I have only one) after I summited the conversion application.

It's a fairly limited team of people in Israel doing all this manually, so I guess that's the deal there.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

Is getting worst in my opinion. I see many Pro sellers selling entire strategies and packages that will cost 1000s of dollars outside of Fiverr for just 100$.Β 

- prices are going down, hence quality of Pro sellersΒ 

- some Pro sellers don't have the necessary qualifications to be PROΒ 

- some converted their 5$ gigs into Pro gigs, so now you find a PRO gig with 50+ reviews made by users that received a 5$ service. That is kind of misleading sinceΒ  a regular buyer and a PRO buyer have different expectations.Β 

I am seeing a heavy focus on approving Eastern Europeans (with eastern Europeans prices) as PRO sellers. I am South Eastern European too, by regardless of location prices for a PRO sellers should be more or less uniform. The entire point of PRO was quality and no competition based on price.Β 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

PRO gig with 50+ reviews made by users that received a 5$ service. That is kind of misleading sinceΒ  a regular buyer and a PRO buyer have different expectations.Β 

You got that right!

I thought that wasn't allowed, only a newly designed gig can have a Pro badge? Did the rules change? If so, that isn't right and it's being deceitful.

πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

I've bought Pro twice, both times, I received Pro level delivery, attitude, communications and professionalism. It was a good experience. I hope it doesn't get lowered.

Β 

• Like 3
  • Up 3

6 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

some converted their 5$ gigs into Pro gigs, so now you find a PRO gig with 50+ reviews made by users that received a 5$ service.

Actually, this is not allowed.Β  I had to disable my regular gig with thousands of reviews on it, and start completely over with a new PRO gig which was exactly the same, just priced higher. It was the one thing that I hesitated about briefly about the move. That could be new, but this was a year ago for me.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I had to disable my regular gig with thousands of reviews on it, and start completely over with a new PRO gig which was exactly the same, just priced higher. It was the one thing that I hesitated about briefly about the move. That could be new, but this was a year ago for me.

How did that go for you?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zanardi2 said:

How did that go for you?

Was very scary at the beginning, but I had a good deal of regular buyers who came along for the ride. It just seemed odd that your previous success had to be wiped away, while you start over. I hope one of the changes that @frank_dΒ is teasing is that we finally get all the previous credit we deserve added back to our PRO gigs. That would take me from 110 reviews right now to 1K+ (3,000) immediately.Β 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Actually, this is not allowed.Β  I had to disable my regular gig with thousands of reviews on it, and start completely over with a new PRO gig which was exactly the same, just priced higher.

When I got into Pro, I was allowed to upgrade my non pro gigs that had a certain number of reviews. But there was a limit, like 50- reviews or so. Thousands would obviously not cut it. Also, my gigs were already priced at around or above the limit I was told ($100 minimum at the time, not sure if it's a hard limit or what), I don't know if that's also a factor.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, newsmike said:

Actually, this is not allowed.Β  I had to disable my regular gig with thousands of reviews on it, and start completely over with a new PRO gig which was exactly the same, just priced higher. It was the one thing that I hesitated about briefly about the move. That could be new, but this was a year ago for me.

I have seen people did it so 100% know that is possible. In my category a person that got PRO status recently converted his regular gig with 80 reviews in PRO gig.Β 

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

As far as I know, basic price for a PRO gig is 100$ not 25$.Β 

I also have tried to add 25$ on a Pro gig in the same category (just to check as I don't plan to sell anything for 25$) and is not possibile.Β 

Looks highly unlikely that is a bug since a human person needs to approve the gig so I very weird. It will be great if someone from product can give us some answers.

ThanksΒ 

pro gig 1.PNG

Edited by tatjanamitevska
to add tags
  • Like 6