Tip for Newbies (Gig description)

gina_riley2

Newbies,

When creating your gig description, please add what the buyer (me) needs to give you to do the job.

Most of you say what you are going to do for me but not the other way around. If you're intentionally doing this to get the buyer to contact you, that's the wrong move. Many first time buyers will just order, then realize they don't have what you need to get started.  You (the seller) will emcomplain on the forum that the buyer didn't provide information, not responding or wants cancelation. In other words, it will backfire.

I find it aggravating when I have to contact you, wait a long time for a response (because many of you pretend to be online when you're actually sleeping), and by the time you respond 24 hours later, I have already moved on.

** I don't mind waiting for a response but if your profile shows you're online and you don't respond within an hour or two, I just presume you're not interested in working with me.

There is no tips and you shouldn't be using tricks to get order. You just need to think like a buyer. Would you buy from you?

1 hour ago, gina_riley2 said:

** I don't mind waiting for a response but if your profile shows you're online and you don't respond within an hour or two, I just presume you're not interested in working with me.

This is why the stay on line twenty-four seven is such bad advice!

1 hour ago, gina_riley2 said:

I was looking at some newbies that had no faq. They had great gigs but just confusing buyer requirements.

@frank_d pointed out in a seminar to eliminate l barriers for a buyer to place a direct order with you. Furthermore, he said to set up our FAQs so any questions a buyer may have is answered.  Since, I have done that, i have had more direct orders.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:15 PM, gina_riley2 said:

Most of you say what you are going to do for me but not the other way around. If you're intentionally doing this to get the buyer to contact you, that's the wrong move.

incentivising communication before the order is absolutely the right move in some niches.

For example, I offer blur reduction and photo enhancement. In this particular field of work, the quality of provided photos is vital. I have to examine every photo that gets sent to me and determine whether or not I can achieve a good result with it. Every photo is different and more often than not, the clients do not know what exactly is wrong with their photo. And some problems are a lot more difficult to solve than others.

I get a bit anxious every time I get a direct order, as that's how I got my first poor review. I've changed my gig a lot since then and I provide a lot more information and disclaimers in my gig, but you can never protect yourself from clients who just cannot be bothered to read the gig descriptions or FAQs.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:15 PM, gina_riley2 said:

Newbies,

When creating your gig description, please add what the buyer (me) needs to give you to do the job.

Most of you say what you are going to do for me but not the other way around. If you're intentionally doing this to get the buyer to contact you, that's the wrong move. Many first time buyers will just order, then realize they don't have what you need to get started.  You (the seller) will emcomplain on the forum that the buyer didn't provide information, not responding or wants cancelation. In other words, it will backfire.

I find it aggravating when I have to contact you, wait a long time for a response (because many of you pretend to be online when you're actually sleeping), and by the time you respond 24 hours later, I have already moved on.

There is no tips and you shouldn't be using tricks to get order. You just need to think like a buyer. Would you buy from you?

FAQ is the most important thing to add on every gig. That's why Buyers will know very well about our service

On 11/3/2021 at 4:15 PM, gina_riley2 said:

Newbies,

Right on. Good point. I'm trying to keep my gig description and FAQ as informative as possible. Buyers want to know what they get even before contacting the seller. Saves them time. Additionally, I'm online only when I'm available to respond within 10 minutes.

On 11/3/2021 at 11:15 PM, gina_riley2 said:

Absolutely! 
Though I will add that it also applies for buyer requests. 

Buyers don’t want to see how many years of experience you have, they want to see that you understand the job scope and you can do it. For 9 out of 10 of my clients who come to my inbox I have to ask at least 5-10 extra questions to understand the job scope. And the same with buyer request, it’s though for a client to give all info in a short buyer request and asking questions and trying to understand what you as a seller can offer to a client is a right move. 

• 4 months later...

I thought there's an order requirement section where you are prompted to add the information you need from the buyer. Adding it to gig description is not necessary from my view. We all know that before an order countdown can kick-off, there's a requirement to filled.

3 minutes ago, amelia_cole said:

Adding it to gig description is not necessary from my view.

It helps, because many buyers want to know what is needed of them before they make the purchase (and the requirements are only visible after they place an order).

Archived