Spamming

shawalshajib

• milos_siena locked, unlocked and locked this topic

They should be able to set up filters that automatically hide the posts. I don't see why they aren't. Most of those spam posts are similar and contain a phone number in the title/description. eg. they could auto-hide posts for now that have "Support Phone Number" text in the title. They could also stop people posting for a while that have had x flagged posts by y different users (maybe taking the forum level of the users into account).

13 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

They should be able to set up filters that automatically hide the posts. I don't see why they aren't. Most of those spam posts are similar and contain a phone number in the title/description. eg. they could auto-hide posts for now that have "Support Phone Number" text in the title. They could also stop people posting for a while that have had x flagged posts by y different users (maybe taking the forum level of the users into account).

Ironically enough, there are filters in place that looks for specific keywords and will hold your post for review if you use them.
It happens to me on a regular basis, always incorrectly.

You think that the moderation team would want make life easier for themselves. But you know, look at the current state of the forum. 🙄

36 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Isn't it also spamming to keep creating more topics to complain about the same thing, and do it even after your previous one was closed?

First I didn't understand what it was, and thought it was important because there was too many post in one topic at the same time. So I posted that topic. Now once I knew it was spamming I don't want to see those spamming in Fiverr forum, so I post this topic to know if there is any way that I could stop this spamming being pop up. 

Archived