Garbage Button

visualstudios

We all have seen and complained about the state of the forum, with all the self congratulatory threads about orders, reviews, level promotions, etc. Sometimes I think they must be trolling at this point - "I just completed 137 order with 5 star review!". Really?

Then I figured it out - they are not trolling, they know 137 orders is an irrelevant milestone. They are just gaming the system. Those threads, as I think I've proven with my "CONGA RATS"TM case study, are nothing but an exploit to "rank" on the forum through the exchange of endless reacts.

So I'm here to propose a new function - the Garbage Button: a simple flag that could be placed on threads/posts, and when it hits a certain number of flags, the thread/post is moved to a special section of the forum called Garbage Dump where it can be continued, but the only react available is the poop emoji. Receiving a poop react in such a thread would lower your reputation and level.

11 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Those threads, as I think I've proven with my "CONGA RATS"TM

Darn it, I didn't know you'd trademarked conga rats. I think I used that the other day. Let me know how much I owe you so we can settle this without getting the lawyers involved.

Those threads, as I think I've proven with my "CONGA RATS"TM case study, are nothing but an exploit to "rank" on the forum through the exchange of endless reacts.

That also explains why I sometimes wake up to a billion or so notifications telling me somebody's liked every single one of my recent posts. I'm proud of my posts, but even I can admit not every one is a winner and worth a like.

So I'm here to propose a new function - the Garbage Button

Sure, I'd be for that. I think it would actually benefit the so-called lesser posters, as they'd actually have to study how Fiverr works so they could post something useful. They wouldn't be able to get by on posting stolen content, worthless tips, and pointless self-congratulations. 

2 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

That also explains why I sometimes wake up to a billion or so notifications telling me somebody's liked every single one of my recent posts.

I think we all get those serial likers.

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

Poop emoji.

What if they decide to take vengeance by throwing poop emojis all over your posts?

11 minutes ago, catwriter said:

What if they decide to take vengeance by throwing poop emojis all over your posts?

Doesn't matter. They don't get it. The vast majority of them won't understand it, why would they just go around putting the poop emojis everywhere? Poop emoji attacks will be exclusive to us, aka people who actually understand the system. Serious users. Spamming meksellers attacking old timers? Lmao, I'm no afraid.

44 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

How well did it work there? 🤔

Plus have you noticed even in this thread we have a serial emoji person? 

The last place that I saw it was the Affinity creative software forum, but I haven't spent much time there. These internet point systems are designed to give people dopamine hits, and crave more! Some people would actually like the scat button, too. 😆🙄

I see a serial dopamine fiend!

Edit: Yay for my dopamine hit from officially getting my "contributor" badge!

4 hours ago, visualstudios said:

when it hits a certain number of flags, the thread/post is moved to a special section of the forum called Garbage Dump

Unfortunately we are outnumbered 1000 to 1 by the flood of sellers who this should be aimed at. They will quickly use it to get us out of the way so the entire forum can be CONGA RATS, all the time. Same reason why a Reddit style down vote would not work.   

5 hours ago, catwriter said:

I think we all get those serial likers.

Seriously, at first I read, "Serial Killers" 😂

And after reading all replies and reacting on them, I'm feeling like I'm also flooding with reactions 😂

However, The best option is stop giving points on reactions. But receiving reactions only on the topic, author will get the points. So it will encourage to create topics and as there is no point to give reacts, so usually they will stop reacting.

Additionally, there should be a minimum number of characters (i.e. 30) and also words (i.e 7) to submit a point. So it will encourage to write as well.

Seems something not user friendly, but the forum must prioritize the actual contributor first. Not Spammers!

I don't think it's very fair for topics to get points but not posts, certain threads have much better posts than the original topic. I still think a "this is garbage" react that actually deducts points is the way to go. The meksells would not start distributing those, since there's nothing to gain by doing so, and it's public so everyone would see who they are if they started "downvoting" good posts. 

5 hours ago, seven_sign said:

So it will encourage to create topics

Topic creation is already encouraged by receiving more points for that than for reacting. As a result, we have a ton of topics like "My 137th sale!!!" or whatever it was. Do you want even more of those?

2 hours ago, catwriter said:

Topic creation is already encouraged by receiving more points for that than for reacting. As a result, we have a ton of topics like "My 137th sale!!!" or whatever it was. Do you want even more of those?

• Forum already has a quota for daily post reply/topic creation limit. After this update, already the number of posting is being controlled better than before. As when they reply to some other topic, that use their daily quota. Like my quota is 10 only may be.
  • When there is no point of using reaction, so many will ignore reacting. Which can control the way of spamming in the group to increase their level.
  • Only Topic creation and receiving reaction on the author topic will get points, it will easily help the right contributor to get recognition.
  • Post replies will also give points, but as there is daily quota, so that's already under control (what most we can control actually)
  • Spammers are not a gang here. so it is easy to control.
  • Additionally, Fiverr may rethink about the moderator program for the forum again. or may be with approval system. As usually forum is not for instant support. So I think if moderator program reopened, then moderators can approve (non-questionable by other definitely) topic before it's live. In that case topic creation and post replies limit may have separate quota per day.
  • I do not agree with poop and sending the post to garbage based on the number of poops, people will get it as new and willingly, happily, keep sending poop to any valuable posts as well what you can't control.

Archived