"Spam" is not always Spam

agenciawem

Here's just a tip for newbies, messages that are flagged as "spam" by Fiverr, are not always really spam. I got two cases now, that was real buyers, wich i decided to worked with and everthing goes great, even with mutual 5 stars rates. I guess Fiverr just flagged like spam to anyone who sends the same message to many sellers, but that doesn't make you neccesary an spammer. My advice is to verify the profile of the buyer. If he have some recent good rates, is most probably not an spammer.

I neither don't like that fiverr doesn't show me these messages in the desktop (they automatically sent to spam trash and delete the notification), i've only noticed their existance trough the alerts in the app; if i hadn't, i might have lost some good chances of work. Nice day.

• Like 28
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, agenciawem said:

Here's just a tip for newbies, messages that are flagged as "spam" by Fiverr, are not always really spam. I got two cases now, that was real buyers, wich i decided to worked with and everthing goes great, even with mutual 5 stars rates. I guess Fiverr just flagged like spam to anyone who sends the same message to many sellers, but that doesn't make you neccesary an spammer. My advice is to verify the profile of the buyer. If he have some recent good rates, is most probably not an spammer.

I neither don't like that fiverr doesn't show me these messages in the desktop (they automatically sent to spam trash and delete the notification), i've only noticed their existance trough the alerts in the app; if i hadn't, i might have lost some good chances of work. Nice day.

Indeed. You should check your spam folder regularly, but keep in mind, if you unmark a spam message that's more than 24 hours old, it will affect your response rate, since it took you more than 24 hours to respond to it! So be careful guys! I've made that mistake with a 2 months old message, and that was my primer to never overlook my spam folder again. 

• Like 20
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Indeed. You should check your spam folder regularly, but keep in mind, if you unmark a spam message that's more than 24 hours old, it will affect your response rate, since it took you more than 24 hours to respond to it! So be careful guys! I've made that mistake with a 2 months old message, and that was my primer to never overlook my spam folder again. 

Thanks! Now i understand why my response rate suddendly drop 😅

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Just now, agenciawem said:

Thanks! Now i understand why my response rate suddendly drop 😅

Haha. Yeah. Tough lesson! Better to ignore the message if its old, even if it is a real buyer, because 1) they would have likely found someone else by now, and 2) it will kill your response rate. 

• Like 19
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 9/15/2021 at 1:36 AM, agenciawem said:

Yes You are right, Thanks for your suggestion 

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1

18 hours ago, jenimonica said:

But the one  contacted me through spam chat wanted to text me outside the Fiverr app... What should I do help me with this... 

@jenimonica - Communication outside of Fiverr is not allowed. Kindly tell your buyer that all communication must remain on Fiverr. If your buyer is unwilling to do this, then you should mark the buyer as spam to block them:

image.png.695622e6a3ddeddd58c3c770268ad3c2.png

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/27/2022 at 2:35 AM, nayun_itpro said:

Yes You are right, Thanks for your suggestion 

I have the same case. I got a message in my spam folder on the mobile app. I checked the buyer rating was excellent and he was giving orders to many freelancers.

Now I couldn't unmark his message but it was not in chat.

I am sending him messages but not getting any reply.

Please guide what I should do it was my 1st order.

Looking for your kind response.

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1

• 1 month later...