Tip to make money. Forget about money, focus on service and quality

newsmike

It seems that 99% of the questions on the forum are "How do I get on first page", "How do I get sales", "How do I rank gig"?. Almost never, "How do I provide the best service", "How do I beat my competitors on quality", "How do create raving fans"?  The focus is opposite from where it should be as it is coming from a "How do I get money" viewpoint instead of "How can I be great at what I do" perspective. Take care of the latter and the former will take care of itself.

Literally be better in what you do than the rest of the folks in your category, and people will rush to buy from you. You should focus only on having better quality gigs and performing a better quality service than your competitors, so when you get a click, it converts to a sale. 

BMW and Mercedes only have to fight each other for customers, not the other 99% of also rans. Be at the top in quality and you will fight the others on the first page. Be just average and you will take up space on the 300th page.

Note: Claiming to be an "expert" is not enough. The most overused and useless words on fiverr are "Professional" and "Expert". You have to actually blow buyers away when they click your gig so that they will click "BUY."

Just now, newsmike said:

It seems that 99% of the questions on the forum are "How do I get on first page", "How do I get sales", "How do I rank gig"?. Almost never, "How do I provide the best service", "How do I beat my competitors on quality", "How do create raving fans"?  The focus is opposite from where it should be as it is coming from a "How do I get money" viewpoint instead of "How can I be great at what I do" perspective. Take care of the latter and the former will take care of itself.

Literally be better in what you do than the rest of the folks in your category, and people will rush to buy from you. You should focus only on having better quality gigs and performing a better quality service than your competitors, so when you get a click, it converts to a sale. 

BMW and Mercedes only have to fight each other for customers, not the other 99% of also rans. Be at the top in quality and you will fight the others on the first page. Be just average and you will take up space on the 300th page.

Note: Claiming to be an "expert" is not enough. The most overused and useless words on fiverr are "Professional" and "Expert". You have to actually blow buyers away when they click your gig so that they will click "BUY."

Great Information. This information will help the new comers as well as those are working now. Thank you so much😊

21 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Truer words were never spoken. 

I just saw a "marketing expert professional" who didn't know how to market himself on social media.

Anyway: Why is this an issue? I think it's because of the instant gratification rapid dopamine addicted people who know nothing of hard work, and everything about holding out their hand. 

They don't expect to get whipped across their palms in the business world, because they are so used to hand-outs. 

6 hours ago, newsmike said:

Could not agree more. Because the truth is word-of-mouth has always been and will always be a thousand, a million times more powerful than stupid SEO tricks. Successful marketing campaigns are the ones that get people talking, not the ones that use a magic combination of keywords. And although getting the first few orders is always hard, the best way to get fifty people to buy your gig is to make one person so happy that he tells his friends.

You see this in every field, of course, not just on Fiverr. A lot of the authors I work for have the same problem. They're obsessing over how to get their book in front of people when the answer 90% of the time is "write a better book." The best way to market a restaurant is to have incredible food and give customers a positive, memorable experience.

9 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

truth is word-of-mouth has always been and will always be a thousand, a million times more powerful than stupid SEO tricks

A buddy of mine is getting into a similar content creation space to the one I'm in, and has similar art needs. To help him out, I passed him links to the artists I've used who reliably gave good value. Those artists are basically skipping the line if he becomes a buyer too. It's like they're going viral on a microscopic scale.

I didn't pass along the artists who got things wrong or had inconsistent quality. I can work with those sellers and maybe give them repeat business if the problems seem solvable. But I'm not gonna hand them out with an endorsement if it takes work to get what you want from them.

33 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

The best way to market a restaurant is to have incredible food and give customers a positive, memorable experience.

And the best part of that is, at a certain point you can also start charging prices that reflect the experience you provide. That's how Michelin star restaurants and BMW build their brand mystique, and people can't wait to plunk down their black American Express cards to be part of the high end club. 

10 hours ago, newsmike said:

at a certain point you can also start charging prices that reflect the experience you provide.

Yep, that's called brand value. It's intangible, but companies calculate it into their valuation, so it has very concrete results. Brand value is what allows you to increase your profits for what is basically the same product, as well as to attract new clients and evangelize repeat ones.

Not ridiculous claims of expertise.

I swear I've seen people claiming to have been SEO experts for longer than the internet has existed, which is quite an impressive feat.

On 8/31/2021 at 9:34 PM, newsmike said:

Mike, Kindly expand on the details and how Mercedes and BMW provide quality. Thanks

This topic makes me think about my own fiverr journey and the questions that we ask ourselves.

The truth is, the answers are quite often very simple. It is the question that is the hard and the most significant part. If you're asking yourself "how do I make quick money" or "how do I rank on the first page", you're already on the wrong track.

Say, you do rank on the first page, and you do make some quick money. What now? If you don't have a strong foundation, communication skills, work ethic, and the persistence to adapt and overcome the difficulties along the way, all of your effort will be for nothing.

To add to @newsmike's great list of suggested questions, I like to ask myself "how can I create value for my client?" and "what problem for my client can I solve?". These questions more often than not steers me in the right direction and lead me into a less self-absorbed and more client-focused approach to providing my service.

Archived