Something a bit different....or not??

zeus777

So I woke up this morning with 2 messages.

I check the first one, it was asking me for a quote for a translation, also asking me for the "best price."
Since I almost always charge every seller the same rate, I told the guy what my rate would be. Not sure if he's gonna like it.
The second message was basically a new seller begging for a job.
It WAS a bit different...unique...maybe? This is what he said:

"Hello. I don't want to steal your time. But if you decide to pay your attention it will be breathtaking. Well, my name is <censored> and I'm from Russia. I'm a new seller here. I can translate texts from English to russian or vice versa. Can i help you with your orders? If not, sorry for disturbing."

So messages like this is nothing new, but... "It will be breathtaking??" I'm guessing maybe in Russian it's an actual expression. MAYBE. Even if it was, this person clearly does not understand that in English is sounds a biiiiit strange, yet he offers translations.
Thing is, I offer Japanese/English translations, how in the heck can I possibly help this person?

It was a head-scratching moment.
OK, time to get to work. Happy gigging everyone.

14 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

Hello. I don't want to steal your time. But if you decide to pay your attention it will be breathtaking

Was your breath "taken away" from reading his spam offer? It might just be an uncommon term in his normal every day vernacular and everything is "breathtaking" to him. 😅

image.thumb.png.8032d2373f0772219f5350fef13152bb.png

I get these all the time from new sellers, but they usually go something like this: 

Spammer:

"hya sir"

Me: 

Hi, [name]

Thanks for messaging me. If you're interested in booking me for a project, please visit the relevant gig for more information. You'll find a handy list of links below.

Voice-overs: [voice over link]

Translations: [translation link]

Copywriting: [gig link]

When you're ready to book, or if you have any questions, feel free to let me know. I'll be happy to answer any order-related questions. 

If you need help with your own gig and success on Fiverr, please visit the forums for guidance and help. You can send me a private message in the forum if you can't find the answer you're looking for there, or on the support pages here: http://support.fiverr.com/

I may or may not get back to you, depending on availability, so I recommend asking for help on the forum itself. 

If you want to ask me for work, kindly refer to the Terms of Services – specifically the section regarding spam and phishing. You'll find it here: [link to ToS]

All the best,
Leo

Spammer: 

"i do best trnslation sir gif mi workk pls"

Me: 

[Reporting spam]

2 hours ago, enunciator said:

Was your breath "taken away" from reading his spam offer?

Um....no, that did not happen. It DID make me sigh though. And roll my eyes. BIG time.

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

If you want to ask me for work, kindly refer to the Terms of Services – specifically the section regarding spam and phishing.

I like that line....I might use it!

4 minutes ago, zeus777 said:
2 hours ago, smashradio said:

If you want to ask me for work, kindly refer to the Terms of Services – specifically the section regarding spam and phishing.

I like that line....I might use it!

Ha, not me! I have no patience. 🙈 I simply reply "Reported" and press the report/spam button. That's it!!! One less headache to deal with. 

OK, so I'm seeing a lot of this "simply taking someone else's post and copy/pasting as a random comment" thingy going on recently.
I guess it's a new thing, perhaps a desperate attempt to get more badges?
Getting badges don't attract sales. It only attracts negative attention in my opinion...

Archived