Inbox Response Time

riazza

Question

Hi Guys

My Inbox response time has gone from 1 hr and is now switching between 5hr and 7hr. I think this is because I haven't replied to messages from some buyers.

The reason for not replying is because a response isn't needed. e.g. If a buyer says 'thanks' or 'great' or 'ok'

Do I need to respond to this?

It seems strange to respond when not needed. How does this work. Do I just give a thumbs up emoji every time?

Thanks 

4 answers to this question

Hey! Your inbox response rate only counts for first messages. Anything after that won't be included to determine your stats. It is important to respond to each and every message, even when you consider it to be spam. Fiverr says it won't hold it against you when you've marked a message as spam, but I've read on this forum that for some people it still affected their stats. So to be safe & sure it's best to just respond with a simple reply, mark as spam and move on. 

With that being said, are you sure you've replied to every message? Maybe something slipped passed you? 

Here's a tip for you.

I am both a Buyer and Seller on Fiverr.

Guess how many times I've looked at the Inbox Response Rate when I hire a Seller?

I'll wait.

Take a guess.

If you said NEVER, you would be right!

On 8/4/2021 at 12:08 AM, sabinespoems said:

Hey! Your inbox response rate only counts for first messages. Anything after that won't be included to determine your stats. It is important to respond to each and every message, even when you consider it to be spam. Fiverr says it won't hold it against you when you've marked a message as spam, but I've read on this forum that for some people it still affected their stats. So to be safe & sure it's best to just respond with a simple reply, mark as spam and move on. 

With that being said, are you sure you've replied to every message? Maybe something slipped passed you? 

Hi

Thanks for your message...

I did miss some messages but they were not asking for a response and thats when i noticed I went from 5 to 7. A few days ago I went to 5 and then I went to 7 hrs and I have been responding to everything including with a 'Thanks' and Your welcome' and it still at 7 hours

I wouldn't want buyers with a quick turnaround to think I spend 7 hours replying when I dont!

Thanks

The jump from 5 to 7 is probably due to the fact it is calculated over the course of 60 days. So although it might seem weird that it changes when you didn't receive any messages, that's the reason behind that.

28 minutes ago, riazza said:

I wouldn't want buyers with a quick turnaround to think I spend 7 hours replying when I dont!

I can understand that's frustrating! All you can do unfortunately is hoping a message is send your way and just respond to it within 0.01 seconds so your stats go up again.

All is not lost though! I remember when I first created an account in a spontaneous mood without being serious about it I apparently received a message and wasn't even aware. Fast forward; my inbox response time was 68 hours. So yeah...that was bad. Luckily over the course of time I received messages and it was solved. You can stress yourself out by thinking a lot of people aren't considering you when they see your response time. But as @looseink mentions, a lot of people don't even look at those stats so it's not worth stressing over the what if's.

With this being said, I do hope you get a message soon so you can get your time back at a 'normal' level again 😄 

Archived