Sad experiences for a one buyer from nice to madness

Wanted to share my trauma as an awareness.

I have this client, who I thought was so nice. I was new to Fiverr that day. She bought my gig and even gives me tips for 10 USD. My gig offer was 8 USD. If three revisions then that's enough.

So as I keep making her request. It all goes well, I was so nice to her because I was so happy to have such a kind-hearted client.

Until I got all exhausted because we exceed my revision counts. Instead of three revisions, we even reached 10 revisions. I was so kind to her that I don't even mind because my expertise level on using PSD brings me the confidence to take it that easy.

So after 10 to 15 revisions. She stopped replying, I thought it was all done and I passed it because she accepted and even gives the following good reviews.

After 1 month, I was surprised when she got back to revise the same work and wanted me to see it on the website she was visiting because the following file I gave him doesn't work. But the thing here is that I don't have any idea about that website. I don't know what to do with it and how will it work, my job for designing her demand is done and I am not even gonna help her with that website after getting exhausted with the unlimited revision.

Then she said she would report me if I didn't do it. Glad I blocked her.

Starting from that day, I keep all my gigs and stop working here on Fiverr.

That was last year, and now. I am re-opening my gig and hope for a better client to come. I will always keep in mind what Fiverr rules say. If three revisions then that's enough.

Sad experience to share and hope people see my experience as a lesson not to be as kind with any client as possible to refrain from getting the advantage.

Yes, I've had clients like this, too. You definitely need to set boundaries for yourself when you are working as a freelance, just also make sure you communicate those boundaries clearly to your clients up front. Once I got some reviews under my belt, this best thing I could do for situations like this was to raise my prices drastically. Once you are working with people who are willing to pay you more, they will respect your time better, too.

1 hour ago, mawieshams2016 said:

That was last year, and now. I am re-opening my gig and hope for a better client to come. I will always keep in mind what Fiverr rules say. If three revisions then that's enough.

If you allow bad buyers to take advantage of you, they will be emboldened to keep doing so. There is nothing wrong with saying no, if no matches the terms of the order.

6 hours ago, mawieshams2016 said:

don't know what to do with it and how will it work, my job for designing her demand is done

I was going to say at the beginning not to let people abuse you. And that’s the point about revisions. And others already said it. 

However I consider it’s part of design job to know your files and what is needed to work on websites. Again, from your story we can’t see what was the service, what was The website etc, but I do consider it part of my job to ask clients where and how they will be using my delivery so I could deliver them files that they need for it. 
the same as it’s not enough just to design a book cover, you need to prepare your files for printing. 

7 hours ago, mawieshams2016 said:

Starting from that day, I keep all my gigs and stop working here on Fiverr.

Why you decide to stop working here just because of 1 bad buyer?

This is how business works. There are lots of bad people who want to took advantage from seller.

Never let this situation keep you distress...

Sad.., but it's true.

The best way to minimize this by increase your price - be a pro seller and look for professional buyer too.

Buyer who appreciate our work will unlikely doing bad stuff like this..

Just my two cents 🙂

Wish you luck.

8 hours ago, ridwansugi said:

Why you decide to stop working here just because of 1 bad buyer?

This is how business works. There are lots of bad people who want to took advantage from seller.

Never let this situation keep you distress...

Sad.., but it's true.

The best way to minimize this by increase your price - be a pro seller and look for professional buyer too.

Buyer who appreciate our work will unlikely doing bad stuff like this..

Just my two cents 🙂

Wish you luck.

I was a afraid that maybe she'll haunt me again with different account. But it's a good thing that her money does a big help when I used it with my toddlers daily needs like pampers, milk and more of a financial. 

Archived