How to get my first order?

shorot799_khan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh boy.

1. Patience is not the key if one is offering something that no one would be willing to take the risk to purchase from a complete stranger.

2. XX+ hours of "being online" does nothing to address as to whether one's services are actually desirable to prospective buyers.

3. Many categories on Fiverr are over-saturated with sellers and, unfortunately, quite a number of sellers will never receive an order.

3 minutes ago, enunciator said:

2. XX+ hours of "being online" does nothing to address as to whether one's services are actually desirable to prospective buyers.

I'm finding this thread's title extraordinary useful, and I'll be using it for all those who continuously parrot that staying "active online" will get them orders. 😉

It depends on what you feel need improvement, to begin with. The first place to start would be to identify any issues you already have and let us know so we can help you with more specific advice. 

Beyond that, here is some general stuff to keep in mind: 

• Avoid using sir, dear, madam, bro, dude, my friend, etc. 
  • Be polite, professional, and have good grammar. 
  • Show your clients that you understand what they need. Make sure your communication clearly shows that you've understood what they are looking for and why you're the right person for the job. 
  • Be good at what you do. If you offer logo design, but you're not a professional designer, it will shine through, and you're not likely to get the job. Be professional and take pride in what you do, and only offer services you're good at. Nothing beats quality work. 

But without knowing what you are struggling with, it's difficult to help you except by offering general advice. 

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

It depends on what you feel need improvement, to begin with. The first place to start would be to identify any issues you already have and let us know so we can help you with more specific advice. 

Beyond that, here is some general stuff to keep in mind: 

• Avoid using sir, dear, madam, bro, dude, my friend, etc. 
  • Be polite, professional, and have good grammar. 
  • Show your clients that you understand what they need. Make sure your communication clearly shows that you've understood what they are looking for and why you're the right person for the job. 
  • Be good at what you do. If you offer logo design, but you're not a professional designer, it will shine through, and you're not likely to get the job. Be professional and take pride in what you do, and only offer services you're good at. Nothing beats quality work. 

But without knowing what you are struggling with, it's difficult to help you except by offering general advice. 

Thanks for nice information, it's helpful.

Archived