Need help form expert.

jaxsquad

11 hours ago, genuineguidance said:

The truth is, this person can create an account today and not put up any Gigs for months or years - it will have no affect on whether or not they get sales

One problem is Fiverr shows the seller's Join Month & Year but not when the gig was created.

Around a month wouldn't be a problem but if it was years it might be. eg. if I created an account in 2014 and then in 2021 created all my gigs, a buyer looking at the profile with the gigs on it with 0 reviews and no last delivery date might think "why hasn't this seller had any orders/reviews in all those years since they joined?" "Is there something wrong with the gigs?" "Are they still available on Fiverr?". It would probably put buyers off as they don't know the gigs are new (unless they were viewing with the "newest arrival" sort). The seller would probably need to then try and get orders through sending offers to buyer requests, and if the buyers checked the seller's profile and saw the join date was years ago with no reviews it might make those buyers less likely to buy too.

Though maybe it could help if the seller said something about only recently creating the gigs/becoming a seller in the profile if it was quite a few years after joining that they created their gigs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, uk1000 said:

One problem is Fiverr shows the seller's Join Month & Year but not when the gig was created.

Around a month wouldn't be a problem but if it was years it might be. eg. if I created an account in 2014 and then in 2021 created all my gigs, a buyer looking at the profile with the gigs on it with 0 reviews and no last delivery date might think "why hasn't this seller had any orders/reviews in all those years since they joined?" "Is there something wrong with the gigs?" "Are they still available on Fiverr?". It would probably put buyers off as they don't know the gigs are new (unless they were viewing with the "newest arrival" sort). The seller would probably need to then try and get orders through sending offers to buyer requests, and if the buyers checked the seller's profile and saw the join date was years ago with no reviews it might make those buyers less likely to buy too.

Though maybe it could help if the seller said something about only recently creating the gigs/becoming a seller in the profile if it was quite a few years after joining that they created their gigs.

Thanks, There is logic in your words.

On 7/12/2021 at 12:56 AM, jaxsquad said:

Thanks, everyone for giving me your valuable advice.

Here's a tip, if someone tells you "be active all the time", they have no idea what they are talking about.  Ignore them.  Search for answers from successful sellers as @genuineguidance suggests.  But honestly, if searching is too hard for you, I don't think you will fare well here with thousands of competotors who are willing to do hard stuff, like typing into a search bar. 

On 7/11/2021 at 2:49 AM, salmansharif5 said:

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying all of the bellow as an experienced seller on Fiverr, I am only on Fiverr due to COVID and in the amount of time that COVID has been interfering with regular business.

Then how about just not giving out bad information, like "Stay online 13 hours per day"?  

image.png.910fafccf19569b786131b60e89b5c52.png

On 7/11/2021 at 1:49 AM, salmansharif5 said:

I prepared this for you, but it can apply to anything on Fiverr:

You did not!

@marinapomorac created it! You sir are plagerizing her post and claiming it as your own. 🤥

SMH 🤦🏻‍♀️

PS Here is Rule #8 of the Fiverr Forum

Don’t plagiarize. Don’t copy forum posts or on or off-Fiverr content. Links to other content may be used within a conversational post & abide with the other forum rules and Fiverr Terms of Service. Bumping and cross-posting is not explicitly disallowed but is discouraged and if abused will result in the removal of posts.

• 2 weeks later...

The most effective way to get the order, if your gig isn't ranked on the 1st page, is to:

• Send all 10 quality proposals on regular basis
  • Do gig marketing on these platforms where you think you would get to manage some buyers

Hello @jaxsquadand welcome to the Forum.
Although you're going to read many bulleted lists stating tips and tricks you should be aware that they are mostly false or misleading.
Let's start with debunking some "tips", shall we?
You don't have to stay "maximum" time online nor all day.
Being active on this Forum won't automatically lead to orders.
You can publish your gigs on social media targeting the right audience, i.e. avoid spamming your gigs on facebook groups or similar.
You can also try to get a job through the Buyer Request (BR), that's true. But you don't need to use all your offers.
What's left? Well, to gain your first order you can follow officials tips - like setting up a grammatical mistake free profile and gigs or create eye-catching thumbnails for your gigs. I also recommend to take a look to the articles written by experienced sellers.

Here's a couple of interesting threads but there are tons of them on this Forum. Take your time to browse it and acquire knowledge.
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/243824-welcome-to-fiverr-30/?tab=comments#comment-1463830

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/234149-new-sellers-the-true-way-to-success/page/22/?tab=comments#comment-1571199
Last but not least, some tips to get along with the Forum.
Do not spam the threads, i.e. replying with nonsense or two words sentences - for instance, "thank you", "thanks brother", "you are right", etc. There are specific reaction or emoji to show your sympathy at the bottom right of the page.
Use it wisely. Before asking something - like the starting question of this post - browse to Forum to get your answer quickly.

I think that's all. I know it's a lot of information but hang in there.
Good luck!

1 hour ago, alphagev said:

Hello @jaxsquadand welcome to the Forum.
Although you're going to read many bulleted lists stating tips and tricks you should be aware that they are mostly false or misleading.
Let's start with debunking some "tips", shall we?
You don't have to stay "maximum" time online nor all day.
Being active on this Forum won't automatically lead to orders.
You can publish your gigs on social media targeting the right audience, i.e. avoid spamming your gigs on facebook groups or similar.
You can also try to get a job through the Buyer Request (BR), that's true. But you don't need to use all your offers.
What's left? Well, to gain your first order you can follow officials tips - like setting up a grammatical mistake free profile and gigs or create eye-catching thumbnails for your gigs. I also recommend to take a look to the articles written by experienced sellers.

Here's a couple of interesting threads but there are tons of them on this Forum. Take your time to browse it and acquire knowledge.
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/243824-welcome-to-fiverr-30/?tab=comments#comment-1463830

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/234149-new-sellers-the-true-way-to-success/page/22/?tab=comments#comment-1571199
Last but not least, some tips to get along with the Forum.
Do not spam the threads, i.e. replying with nonsense or two words sentences - for instance, "thank you", "thanks brother", "you are right", etc. There are specific reaction or emoji to show your sympathy at the bottom right of the page.
Use it wisely. Before asking something - like the starting question of this post - browse to Forum to get your answer quickly.

I think that's all. I know it's a lot of information but hang in there.
Good luck!

Wow. This is very Informative. As a new seller, this will be very helpful for me.

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jaxsquad said:

If I communicate with another seller, then if he hires me, does that violate the fiverr Rules?

No, because you can both be a buyer and a seller here on Fiverr. Make sure he was the one communicating first though? Not you reaching out to him advertising your gigs.

3 hours ago, jaxsquad said:

What the fiverr Rules say about if I do sample work for free.

Go ahead you can work for free if you want, although some people may abuse this and just not continue on with the order. Note that Fiverr can only protect you when there is an order in place.

While you're at it, you should read Terms of Service (again -- that's if you read it in the first place). It's not about being an expert, its about knowing the rules of where you're offering your services which is mandatory. https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer

• Firstly, always keep in mind that, you should spend your time on gaining skills before jump on the marketplace
  • Secondly, you should have good communication skill
  • Learn those skills which have much demands on marketplace
  • Always take care of your health
  • Try to provide the best service to the client

Archived