Need help form expert.

jaxsquad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My one big tip: 

Be good at what you do. Don't think you are. Know you are. Then, and only then, should you offer your services as a freelancer. 

I'm contacted daily by people on the platform who have no idea what to do, how to get started, or who think they can offer services in categories they are clearly not suited for. 

One example is a dude that contacted me today. He wanted to sell his writing services on Fiverr. This was his message: 

"elo im best writer i write good help me get startett pls!!!". 

I almost felt sorry for the guy. Really. Does he think he can be a writer? 

So, that's my tip. Be good at what you do. If not, the freelancing life is not for you, and you'll get hit by the door on your way out. 

e0e62250822732e1e33a49a8f763d3d7.jpg

On 8/29/2021 at 11:21 PM, jaxsquad said:

If I communicate with another seller, then if he hires me, does that violate the fiverr Rules? What the fiverr Rules say about if I do sample work for free.

It is best not to do free work why would you spend your time for free just charge the client for your efforts

As @theratypist said, you can both sell and buy with one fiverr profile.

On 8/30/2021 at 1:21 AM, jaxsquad said:

What the fiverr Rules say about if I do sample work for free.

Fiverr TOS do not mention it. This means that if you decide to do free samples, no one is going to help you if you get scammed, which is what will most likely happen. Such practice more often than not attracts scammers and people willing to abuse the system in order to not pay for the services.

I think the best piece of advice I could give as a freelancer is to know your boundaries and your limits. Being open to different kinds of jobs at different price points is fine, but don't allow clients to walk all over you either--it'll set a bad precedent and you'll get a reputation for being an easy mark in buyer forums and communities, which will make it harder for you to actually get paid fairly for your work. You don't want to be in a position where you're known for being easy to haggle and manipulate. 

Archived