People asking for work but no placing orders

jmsigales

Hi everyone, and I’m really sorry if this topic has already been talked about.
I am a relatively new seller, and I have this person messaging me, in a hurry to get a job done, but he refuses to accept my order saying his PayPal account is under review. At the same time, he promises that if I do a good job, there will be more jobs to come.
As I already mentioned, I am a new seller and I have no work to spare and I naturally try to catch the opportunities.
How should I proceed with a person who does this, beyond ignoring their messages? Report it?
Many new sellers looking for jobs could work for him for free.
Greetings and good luck with your projects.

Ignore, or maybe report and/or block. It’s a shame that their account is under review, but that’s not your problem. (Sounds super sketchy anyways. People’s accounts don’t just randomly go ‘under review’ without a trigger.)

“Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine.”
~ Bob Carter

NEVER start work without an order in place. Top 5 Tips to Protect Yourself from Badly Behaved Buyers

Ignore, or maybe report and/or block. It’s a shame that their account is under review, but that’s not your problem. (Sounds super sketchy anyways. People’s accounts don’t just randomly go ‘under review’ without a trigger.)

“Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine.”

~ Bob Carter

NEVER start work without an order in place. Top 5 Tips to Protect Yourself from Badly Behaved Buyers

Thanks mate. I did not do any work for this person, but it is upsetting that inexperienced people like me may work for him for free. Greetings!

yeah, fiverr is providing us a great and safe freelancing opportunity easy to connect with buyers and sellers. when I joined fiverr I feel same. be patience and update your skill one day their will be some one come to you it will be a starting you will get more and more buyers. have a great day brother

yeah, fiverr is providing us a great and safe freelancing opportunity easy to connect with buyers and sellers. when I joined fiverr I feel same. be patience and update your skill one day their will be some one come to you it will be a starting you will get more and more buyers. have a great day brother

Thank you for your words mate, luckly, I have making cool jobs for cool and responsible clients! but these people keep up appearing and it just feels no right that some unexperienced seller may work free for them… may be should be more controls over that!

Supposedly, Fiverr was verifying his PayPal account (?) so he couldn’t accept orders. And he/she kept saying "trust me"😅

Tell him/her contact you after the verifiying. Don’t trust buyers stating the “will give you more jobs” in future without giving any order initially.

Hi, as a new seller, I welcome you to the Fiverr family.

I’ve been working with Fiverr for the last 2 years, I’ve got a lot of clients in 2 years. In my fiverr experience, fake clients use that kind of phrase, and they always target new sellers:

1. Needed soon.
  2. Next time there is a lot of work.
  3. I want to pay you out of the market.
  4. PayPal or other accounts under review

As you already mentioned, you are a new seller and no work to spare and naturally try to catch the opportunities. You can reply them:

1. I will wait till PayPal or other accounts ready
  2. Pay me less, but PAY me.
  3. Fiverr don’t have permission to work free.

Thank you, My English not too good. best of luck and happy Freelancing.

Hi, as a new seller, I welcome you to the Fiverr family.

I’ve been working with Fiverr for the last 2 years, I’ve got a lot of clients in 2 years. In my fiverr experience, fake clients use that kind of phrase, and they always target new sellers:

1. Needed soon.
  2. Next time there is a lot of work.
  3. I want to pay you out of the market.
  4. PayPal or other accounts under review

As you already mentioned, you are a new seller and no work to spare and naturally try to catch the opportunities. You can reply them:

1. I will wait till PayPal or other accounts ready
  2. Pay me less, but PAY me.
  3. Fiverr don’t have permission to work free.

Thank you, My English not too good. best of luck and happy Freelancing.

Thank you very much for the welcome, I can see that the Fiverr community is very supportive and cool! You are right in what you say, he used almost all those phrases. He never offered to pay me outside of Fiverr, but he said he needed this job done quickly, but he wouldn’t accept my offer for it! I don’t understand what motivates people to do these stupid things. Greetings and good luck with your work!

Hi everyone, and I’m really sorry if this topic has already been talked about.

I am a relatively new seller, and I have this person messaging me, in a hurry to get a job done, but he refuses to accept my order saying his PayPal account is under review. At the same time, he promises that if I do a good job, there will be more jobs to come.

As I already mentioned, I am a new seller and I have no work to spare and I naturally try to catch the opportunities.

How should I proceed with a person who does this, beyond ignoring their messages? Report it?

Many new sellers looking for jobs could work for him for free.

Greetings and good luck with your projects.

PayPal account is under review.

This is a lie. There is probably no PayPal account, and if there is, it is not under review. And, besides, that is his problem, why make it yours? I tell you why, to make you feel some sort of guilt and try to “work something out”.

he promises that if I do a good job, there will be more jobs to come.

So, this clown who has a PayPal account “under review” wants you to work for free, and if you are a good masochist, he will let you flog yourself next time? How nice.

Unfortunately, this type of fake buyer is all over the new sellers like white on rice - they expect you to not know how the site works, be eager to please and get an order and will believe concocted stories like the one this clown gave.

Report them for spamming, but only after you have replied to them with some short, “Sorry, but not sorry” type of message and then block them from contacting you again.

This person is not looking to order or pay you for anything.

GG

Thank you very much for the welcome, I can see that the Fiverr community is very supportive and cool! You are right in what you say, he used almost all those phrases. He never offered to pay me outside of Fiverr, but he said he needed this job done quickly, but he wouldn’t accept my offer for it! I don’t understand what motivates people to do these stupid things. Greetings and good luck with your work!

I don’t understand what motivates people to do these stupid things.

They target new sellers desperate for their first sale, and sometimes they succeed, so they keep doing it.

They also count on the unfortunate fact that many new sellers never bother to read the terms of service or the articles in the Help Center, so they (the new sellers) don’t really know how Fiverr works, nor have they seen Fiverr’s recommendation never to start working until the order is placed.

PayPal account is under review.

This is a lie. There is probably no PayPal account, and if there is, it is not under review. And, besides, that is his problem, why make it yours? I tell you why, to make you feel some sort of guilt and try to “work something out”.

he promises that if I do a good job, there will be more jobs to come.

So, this clown who has a PayPal account “under review” wants you to work for free, and if you are a good masochist, he will let you flog yourself next time? How nice.

Unfortunately, this type of fake buyer is all over the new sellers like white on rice - they expect you to not know how the site works, be eager to please and get an order and will believe concocted stories like the one this clown gave.

Report them for spamming, but only after you have replied to them with some short, “Sorry, but not sorry” type of message and then block them from contacting you again.

This person is not looking to order or pay you for anything.

GG

You’re right. Today I finally reported him. Before that, I asked him to accept my offer several times, with no success.

I just hope he won’t get free work from inexperienced people like myself!

thanks for your answer and good luck with your projects

I don’t understand what motivates people to do these stupid things.

They target new sellers desperate for their first sale, and sometimes they succeed, so they keep doing it.

They also count on the unfortunate fact that many new sellers never bother to read the terms of service or the articles in the Help Center, so they (the new sellers) don’t really know how Fiverr works, nor have they seen Fiverr’s recommendation never to start working until the order is placed.

That’s really sad. Hope somehow FIverr can alert people from this kind of stuff in the first tutorial. I mean, it’s an actual problem now.

Interesting! I would like to hear what happens from the side of CS after reporting him. But from what I read, in your post, I did not see if the buyer asked you to do the job first, before payment. And I did not see if he asked you to send them sample, and trust them to make an order with you or something like that.

If he doesn’t have a PayPal account, then why don’t he just pay using a direct credit card?

I don’t have PayPal either and I’ve been buying here for years charging directly to my Discover Card.

I’ve bought hundreds of gigs this way.

He’s a liar and a scammer. It’s a good thing you avoided this person!

❤️

Interesting! I would like to hear what happens from the side of CS after reporting him. But from what I read, in your post, I did not see if the buyer asked you to do the job first, before payment. And I did not see if he asked you to send them sample, and trust them to make an order with you or something like that.

He asked to have the job done, quicky. But refused to accept my offer. He said “forget about the order, start working” and stuff like that (?) I was actually thinking of posting screenshots with that crazy chat

If he doesn’t have a PayPal account, then why don’t he just pay using a direct credit card?

I don’t have PayPal either and I’ve been buying here for years charging directly to my Discover Card.

I’ve bought hundreds of gigs this way.

He’s a liar and a scammer. It’s a good thing you avoided this person!

❤️

I actually reported him but still had no answer from Fiverr whatsoever. I believe Fiverr should protect us sellers, and buyers too, from people like this with active punishment politics!

Archived