We should be able to add a file to a buyer request

A lot of buyers are asking for a few lines of their scripts as samples before hiring.

This is reasonable since a demo can only tell a buyer so much as far as how the finished VO will sound. If they message you with this ask - a VO seller can easily send a file through messages.

BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO ADD AN AUDITION FILE TO A “BUYER REQUEST”

Not in mobile or desktop,

A VO seller has to make the sample- upload it to SoundCloud or YouTube- THEN copy and paste the link back into the BR.

AND- a VO seller has to be sure to make a new SoundCloud account with their Fiverr username - otherwise the file links have the actual name on them.

This was brought up in a FB group and it didn’t dawn on me what an issue it was until recently. In the past when buyers have asked for samples in the BR I have just asked them to please check out my gig, But my gig is not a sample of their scripts- and many BR opportunities may have been lost because of this.

So I’ve now opened a new SoundCloud account (with Fiverr username) so that I can provide short samples.

Which seems silly- and wastes a lot of time. Hopefully Fiverr will add capability to attach a file to a BR someday 😊

A lot of buyers are asking for a few lines of their scripts as samples before hiring.

This is reasonable since a demo can only tell a buyer so much as far as how the finished VO will sound. If they message you with this ask - a VO seller can easily send a file through messages.

BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO ADD AN AUDITION FILE TO A “BUYER REQUEST”

Not in mobile or desktop,

A VO seller has to make the sample- upload it to SoundCloud or YouTube- THEN copy and paste the link back into the BR.

AND- a VO seller has to be sure to make a new SoundCloud account with their Fiverr username - otherwise the file links have the actual name on them.

This was brought up in a FB group and it didn’t dawn on me what an issue it was until recently. In the past when buyers have asked for samples in the BR I have just asked them to please check out my gig, But my gig is not a sample of their scripts- and many BR opportunities may have been lost because of this.

So I’ve now opened a new SoundCloud account (with Fiverr username) so that I can provide short samples.

Which seems silly- and wastes a lot of time. Hopefully Fiverr will add capability to attach a file to a BR someday 😊

not a sample of their scripts-

And, it shouldn’t be a sample of “their” scripts. If they want to know how your voice sounds, and you have samples of such on your Gig, then, that should be enough to know what your voice sounds like. Maybe that is why Fiverr does not make it easy for you to send samples. You should charge a minimal fee for your time and efforts to recite part of their “script” - $5.

GG

not a sample of their scripts-

And, it shouldn’t be a sample of “their” scripts. If they want to know how your voice sounds, and you have samples of such on your Gig, then, that should be enough to know what your voice sounds like. Maybe that is why Fiverr does not make it easy for you to send samples. You should charge a minimal fee for your time and efforts to recite part of their “script” - $5.

GG

It’s actually quite customary in the VO world to ask for a short sample. Each script has its own vibe- and a buyer may want to be sure the VO seller can capture it.

I don’t mind this- Demos can be produced beautifully too and the buyer could possibly want to be sure of quality as well,

And we can easily send an audio file in messages. Just not BR.

It’s actually quite customary in the VO world to ask for a short sample. Each script has its own vibe- and a buyer may want to be sure the VO seller can capture it.

I don’t mind this- Demos can be produced beautifully too and the buyer could possibly want to be sure of quality as well,

And we can easily send an audio file in messages. Just not BR.

I get where you are coming from. I would just hope you do not get taken advantage of putting in hours of “auditions” and nothing transpires from them. Or worse, your work is taken and used somewhere without compensation. That is why I suggested at least $5 for a sample to cover your time etc.

GG

I get where you are coming from. I would just hope you do not get taken advantage of putting in hours of “auditions” and nothing transpires from them. Or worse, your work is taken and used somewhere without compensation. That is why I suggested at least $5 for a sample to cover your time etc.

GG

I would love that too:)! But unfortunately it’s not the reality?

GG

Or worse, your work is taken and used somewhere without compensation.

Yes- this is an issue- and not just on Fiverr. VO sellers need to be careful and if they choose to send a sample-only send 10-15 seconds to show quality/tone without giving away work.

• 5 weeks later...

I do not agree with this. 

It encourages work without payment. And it can just ruin most people. 

Fiverr already choose to not to protect the sellers most of the time. Now you want to work for free too? Where do you get those ideas?

If you see a buyers request that asks for a free sample, its because they dont know how it works. And if that happens and some ill intentioned people would realise they could get 45 free samples just by writting there, OUCH

Archived