Dropped level 2 warning for everyone

asma_dev

I see posts like this a lot.

You know, someone who has met the basic requirements to be a TRS (as an example) and hasn’t heard anything from Fiverr in the four days since reaching that level.

Argh!

I didn’t join Fiverr for badges, levels, clicks, impressions, gig ranks, etc.

I came here for some freelance work “on the side” and Fiverr has provided me with that.

And I am grateful, not grating, about that.

It is very rude to spam someone, especially when you are a seller yourself, and you know how quickly we respond is measured and available to buyers.

Yes, this is the main issue with spam. It affects our response time. And the forum and CS exist for a reason, we’re not here to answer all the questions.

That’s why I told the person who DM for tips to go forum, I wrote something like:

“yes you can earn by doing video editing, try to make some research about how fiverr works, set description, create a good gig etc, you should also ask your questions in fiverr forum where I and the other sellers are hanging, here is the tab for projects and purchase.”

No need to mark it as spam, you guys are rude :rofl:

I’m an emperor at blocking people but this, was just someone looking for help :rofl:

That’s why I told the person who DM for tips to go forum, I wrote something like:

“yes you can earn by doing video editing, try to make some research about how fiverr works, set description, create a good gig etc, you should also ask your questions in fiverr forum where I and the other sellers are hanging, here is the tab for projects and purchase.”

I’m an emperor at blocking people but this, was just someone looking for help :rofl:

It is spam, so I’ll mark it as spam. I thought the same way you did in the beginning when I had only received a few messages like this. Let’s see if you feel the same if you ever get upward of a dozen ‘plz help me sir’ messages per day, sometimes even in the middle of the night, so it is sure to hurt your Response Time.

Also, in the past, my sales have dropped immediately to 0 after I started receiving spam. Maybe because my conversion rate sank like a stone, perhaps because of the spammers and because I didn’t always mark them as spam. That is my theory, anyway. It seemed very obvious to me from looking at my stats.

Lastly, a note to the person who just inboxed me on Fiverr about my posts on the forum: Just please keep it on the forum. You can even PM me here, and I will answer if and when I want. I don’t want to be forced to drop everything to reply just because you feel like you are entitled to my advice or to talk to me.

It is spam, so I’ll mark it as spam. I thought the same way you did in the beginning when I had only received a few messages like this. Let’s see if you feel the same if you ever get upward of a dozen ‘plz help me sir’ messages per day, sometimes even in the middle of the night, so it is sure to hurt your Response Time.

Also, in the past, my sales have dropped immediately to 0 after I started receiving spam. Maybe because my conversion rate sank like a stone, perhaps because of the spammers and because I didn’t always mark them as spam. That is my theory, anyway. It seemed very obvious to me from looking at my stats.

Lastly, a note to the person who just inboxed me on Fiverr about my posts on the forum: Just please keep it on the forum. You can even PM me here, and I will answer if and when I want. I don’t want to be forced to drop everything to reply just because you feel like you are entitled to my advice or to talk to me.

I understand what you mean, it hasn’t affected my stats atm, and about receiving messages, it has happened only once for the moment.

No need to mark it as spam, you guys are rude

Thanks for that but you have it completely wrong. The ones who are rude are the ones who break the rules while not caring about the fact they are negatively impacting on other Sellers’ response rate and conversion rate, not to mention the new issue of literally costing people money by clicking on promoted gigs.

Thanks for that but you have it completely wrong. The ones who are rude are the ones who break the rules while not caring about the fact they are negatively impacting on other Sellers’ response rate and conversion rate, not to mention the new issue of literally costing people money by clicking on promoted gigs.

Well, it’s quite sad that whatever we do on fiverr, we have our statistics in hostage, stupid concept.

Well, it’s quite sad that whatever we do on fiverr, we have our statistics in hostage, stupid concept.

No, the stat counting makes sense so Fiverr can monitor performance. It doesnt make sense for people to send questions to other Sellers when there is a whole forum that Fiverr has dedicated to that.

Just had a similar annoying message from someone looking for help getting an order.

He had clicked a promoted gig so that’s costing me 70 cents…

This alone deserves not only spam report and blocking but also asking Fiverr to give you the money back for his click an give him additional warning.

This alone deserves not only spam report and blocking but also asking Fiverr to give you the money back for his click an give him additional warning.

Yeah, it crossed my mind but unless it happens regularly I probably won’t bother.

I don’t receive such messages on a daily basis, so I can kindly respond and then block the person. But everyone else who gets at least 5 messages of this type, they are for sure messing with their response time and will (should) mark it as spam. If messaging asking for help wasn’t against ToS or wouldn’t affect us as sellers, maybe yes, it will be rude to block them or flag them, but is not the case.

I don’t receive such messages on a daily basis, so I can kindly respond and then block the person. But everyone else who gets at least 5 messages of this type, they are for sure messing with their response time and will (should) mark it as spam. If messaging asking for help wasn’t against ToS or wouldn’t affect us as sellers, maybe yes, it will be rude to block them or flag them, but is not the case.

Yes, it must be boring, but i quite know a lot about boring messages

Between thugs sending the “yo bro wassup dude, man”, people just saying “hi” and never replying, or my favorite one, the: “need pro video editor only budget 5€, poor quality content provided” it never ends :rofl:

But i would understand that some sellers don’t like it

I don’t think you quite get it. Imagine you are a TRS and every day you get a bin full of these “mek sells” types asking you “how did you do it?” While you may find it an enjoyable pastime to answer these people and I guess getting points somewhere for performing your daily mitzvah - other TRS or any Level for that matter seller may not have that kind of time or desire to explain to multiple people a day how to be successful here. And, with many of them, you give them an inch, and they take a mile. I have seen it many times in the forums - you explain something in detail to help them, and they come back asking 10 more questions. So, imagine you allow that “mek sells” seller to walk through your door and you give them advice and they then think you are their “guru” or mentor and now you get tons of messages from them whenever the spirit moves them!

These spam messages asking for “hand holding” and help need to be nipped in the bud. If you want to be a “nice” person, you can explain to them that your message box is NOT for inquiries on how to become successful here and tell them to go to the forum to ask questions. You can then hope they get the hint, but, like a bad rash, some just keep coming back over and over.

As others have said, it can also muck up your response time if you are not online when these “mek sells” message you - maybe you got your response down below the 3 hour mark and then one of these yahoos comes along to screw that up too! For all we know, this is another one of the super secret analytics they take into account when they decide to take us from page 1 and drop us into the abyss.

So, no, it is NOT rude to tell them to bugger off or block them. If you like talking to them, continue, but, do not make that decision for the rest of us. We all handle our business here differently. I for one have NO tolerance for spam. I also block people who keep writing and asking inane questions. I know a time waster when I see one.

GG

Yes, it must be boring, but i quite know a lot about boring messages

Between thugs sending the “yo bro wassup dude, man”, people just saying “hi” and never replying, or my favorite one, the: “need pro video editor only budget 5€, poor quality content provided” it never ends :rofl:

But i would understand that some sellers don’t like it

“yo bro wassup dude, man”

Oh no 😂

people just saying “hi”

This has happened to me, people asking for further detail, I answer and then they get lost forever, and I’m like 🤨

“yo bro wassup dude, man”

Oh no 😂

people just saying “hi”

This has happened to me, people asking for further detail, I answer and then they get lost forever, and I’m like 🤨

I also got people who started their messages by insulting me, I have no idea why, lol

Or maybe the picture man buyer from months ago with who i had a dispute and created a new account for vengeance :rofl:

I don’t think you quite get it. Imagine you are a TRS and every day you get a bin full of these “mek sells” types asking you “how did you do it?” While you may find it an enjoyable pastime to answer these people and I guess getting points somewhere for performing your daily mitzvah - other TRS or any Level for that matter seller may not have that kind of time or desire to explain to multiple people a day how to be successful here. And, with many of them, you give them an inch, and they take a mile. I have seen it many times in the forums - you explain something in detail to help them, and they come back asking 10 more questions. So, imagine you allow that “mek sells” seller to walk through your door and you give them advice and they then think you are their “guru” or mentor and now you get tons of messages from them whenever the spirit moves them!

These spam messages asking for “hand holding” and help need to be nipped in the bud. If you want to be a “nice” person, you can explain to them that your message box is NOT for inquiries on how to become successful here and tell them to go to the forum to ask questions. You can then hope they get the hint, but, like a bad rash, some just keep coming back over and over.

As others have said, it can also muck up your response time if you are not online when these “mek sells” message you - maybe you got your response down below the 3 hour mark and then one of these yahoos comes along to screw that up too! For all we know, this is another one of the super secret analytics they take into account when they decide to take us from page 1 and drop us into the abyss.

So, no, it is NOT rude to tell them to bugger off or block them. If you like talking to them, continue, but, do not make that decision for the rest of us. We all handle our business here differently. I for one have NO tolerance for spam. I also block people who keep writing and asking inane questions. I know a time waster when I see one.

GG

I have read your novel, I understand what you mean.

But at the moment it’s just one question and don’t spam it’s fine for me.

You all do what you want, but i like to reply because I feel like a saint :rofl:

Archived