Why does a seller post a job?

abdurrahman7530

For new sellers, buyer requests are a big part of getting orders. That’s why there’s always so many new sellers leaving offers to BRs.

As for Level 1/2/TRS Sellers, based on what I’ve read on the Forum, these sellers usually try to avoid the BR section, but it varies for everyone.

I occasionally leave offers and sometimes I actually get orders, but usually the BRs are overwhelmed with offers by the time I see them.

Hope that answers your question! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

There are more sellers than clients in the buyer’s request option to get the job done, but they are looking for the job themselves. What do I want to know?

What do I want to know?

I don’t know. What do you want to know?

It is very common, especially in categories that are overly saturated with sellers to have a ton of sellers replying to the requests. The key is being able to write your pitch to the buyer in a way that makes them think you are the one to hire.

GG

They do it because they didn’t bother to read the TOS when they signed up and figure if they put their link out there or a post in the Buyer’s Request section, it will get them a job.

NOPE. If there is a way to report certain Buyer Requests (I never visit that section of the site) then I would report this seller.

GG

Why does a seller post a job? In fact, he is a seller, not a buyer. A look at his profile shows that he has no buyer reviews and no seller reviews. So does this work to increase clicks and impressions? Answer anyone.

In what way?

What did he post? Did he post he is offering service or looking for service?

Sellers can post jobs in BR if they need something done.

In what way?

What did he post? Did he post he is offering service or looking for service?

Sellers can post jobs in BR if they need something done.

I think he is inferring that the seller has posted a BR that talks about their service they provide, not that they want to buy something.

GG

Why does a seller post a job? In fact, he is a seller, not a buyer. A look at his profile shows that he has no buyer reviews and no seller reviews. So does this work to increase clicks and impressions? Answer anyone.

Yes, but in that case it should be “why does the seller post his job service?”

Plus “Why does a seller post a job?” - where? On his profile, on search, under GIGs?

In fact, he is a seller, not a buyer.

Everyone is seller and buyer on Fiverr, it is inclusive.

So does this work to increase clicks and impressions?

Even if the answer is yes, even if your GIG had gazillion impressions and clicks, how is that even relevant if no orders are there.

Yes, but in that case it should be “why does the seller post his job service?”

Plus “Why does a seller post a job?” - where? On his profile, on search, under GIGs?

In fact, he is a seller, not a buyer.

Everyone is seller and buyer on Fiverr, it is inclusive.

So does this work to increase clicks and impressions?

Even if the answer is yes, even if your GIG had gazillion impressions and clicks, how is that even relevant if no orders are there.

I think as far as the clicks (not impressions, as that is totally different), the OP is thinking that the seller posting his Gig in BR is somehow gaming the system and getting more clicks than he is or other sellers.

As for how he wrote the title of his post, obviously, English is not the native tongue here.

GG

post he is offering service

Yeah, then it’s probably because they’re a new seller who hasn’t read and/or is choosing not to follow the TOS.

Advertising your gig through buyer requests is not allowed, and even though it might get you clicks, it won’t get your orders!

Archived