Does frequent editing of a gig have any negative outcome?

ahinsa_writer

From my experience…
You can change the gig title, Pricing and the pricing too I guess I did it quite a bit but not the images and related keywords…(It didn’t effect my ranking…)
If it is necessary give it a try but You can be on the safe side…

From my experience…

You can change the gig title, Pricing and the pricing too I guess I did it quite a bit but not the images and related keywords…(It didn’t effect my ranking…)

If it is necessary give it a try but You can be on the safe side…

Thanks for sharing the experience. Really helpful.

If you edit the gig at first the gig won’t show at any page for 24 hours.

I would suggest you to only edit you gig if you are not getting enough impressions. If you are getting say 100 impression and clicks are also good like say 10 and you are not getting even 1 new client message then something is wrong in your description, Images or you can see people are not getting satisfied with the work you are showing on your gig.

So you need to act accordingly as per what you gig performance is

If you edit the gig at first the gig won’t show at any page for 24 hours.

I would suggest you to only edit you gig if you are not getting enough impressions. If you are getting say 100 impression and clicks are also good like say 10 and you are not getting even 1 new client message then something is wrong in your description, Images or you can see people are not getting satisfied with the work you are showing on your gig.

So you need to act accordingly as per what you gig performance is

Thanks for the advice, really helpful.

I think it certain changes need to be approved first so it can slow things down a little. I’ve never experienced a huge impact on my gig after editing. Sometimes it’s really necessary to change and add things to the description, FAQ’s and pricing. I usually wait until the weekend to make changes because it’s often quieter then anyway.

It has some impact about gig impression if you do too much edit.
There is also something to know, once you set a gig title, never change it again, because when you change title, it doesn’t apply your new title to the gig URL and might affect research, so to look to change a title, it is better to delete and recreate a gig.

Gig can no longer be edited after publishing. If you edit your gig you will lose your gig rank.

Gig can no longer be edited after publishing. If you edit your gig you will lose your gig rank.

No. N.O. Not at all.

Some things will cause a Gig to be unavailable whilst being checked but overall Gig Rank is not a static thing. Rank relates only to to the Search Terms input by a buyer. If you sell “Red Widgets” and that is exactly what a buyer searches with, you should rank well. If buyers are searching for “Green Piranha” you should not be anywhere in these results.

This is one of my gigs after removing the Video (and maybe some other tweaks):

image.thumb.png.ab5cbcc22ef4d9fe6ff76d060a257fa2.png
image1234×318 24.6 KB

As you see, a momentary lull then Bam!

I’m back. Back in a New York Groove,

Oops sorry KISS Song.

Try to avoid editing every day but a Gig economy is all about finding a Strategy that works and evolving it. This is why Gigs can be edited.

🙂

The more frequent you do it the lesser it get closer to buyers eye in my experience I did that mistake in 2018 and I learnt the lesson in doing so you are changing major changes in your gig so in web developing that’s lot of stuff you know if you change something on your gig means Fiverr has to change html,css,java script and many more because of that your gig suddenly disappear because FIverr is making changes from behind back

That’s not really true. You can edit it, they just take it out of search for a day or two, tops. I didn’t lose any rank after editing one my best selling gigs. If you change the gig title, that’s a problem. Changing images does nothing, as far as my experience goes.

No. N.O. Not at all.

Some things will cause a Gig to be unavailable whilst being checked but overall Gig Rank is not a static thing. Rank relates only to to the Search Terms input by a buyer. If you sell “Red Widgets” and that is exactly what a buyer searches with, you should rank well. If buyers are searching for “Green Piranha” you should not be anywhere in these results.

This is one of my gigs after removing the Video (and maybe some other tweaks):

As you see, a momentary lull then Bam!

I’m back. Back in a New York Groove,

Oops sorry KISS Song.

Try to avoid editing every day but a Gig economy is all about finding a Strategy that works and evolving it. This is why Gigs can be edited.

🙂

Many years since I was here,

On the street I was passin’ my time away

To the left and to the right,

Buildings towering to the sky

It’s outta sight in the dead of night

❤️Ace Freyley.

(Kiss, the first band who make me want to make music)

Many years since I was here,

On the street I was passin’ my time away

To the left and to the right,

Buildings towering to the sky

It’s outta sight in the dead of night

❤️Ace Freyley.

(Kiss, the first band who make me want to make music)

KISS, the first band to make me want to wear makeup.

Or maybe that was Duran Duran, only I didn’t realize it then.

“Shandi” is still my mostest favest of KISS songs. Even tho saying that makes most people pull faces.

Oddly I don’t own any KISS. None of the best of have everything I want. And honestly, they have their moments. Still, they did it better than just about anyone else as few bands have achieved what KISS have (and deserve).

🙂

Guest arhans_studio7

You can edit your gig after publishing it but once you get reviews and if you edit your gig then.
you will lose rank.
your gig will not appearing in search result

You can edit your gig after publishing it but once you get reviews and if you edit your gig then.

you will lose rank.

your gig will not appearing in search result

For a few hours whilst it is checked. The way you say it, the Gig is kaput.

Such poor advice discourages people from doing what they must. I am assuming you did not read the whole conversation (shame as that is good form) as posted my own stats above showing several gig changes. The last one removes the video and look at me go…

🙂

Archived