My Story: $100,000 earned in my first year of being a seller

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, it is truly appreciated. I have been reflecting on my thread and there was a few things I missed out that i feel is worth mentioning.

The burnout effect

I believe this stage is inevitable in all walks of life, no matter if your a CEO, Rockstar or Fiverr Seller, there will come a time when workloads will be extremely stressful and can take their toll on you both mentally and physically. It is not just about the workload but life at some point will throw a curve ball at you and understanding/coping with this is a very important stage for longevity. Society has somewhat recently pushed /influenced many entrepreneurs to embody mindsets such as;

“no sleep team” “grind it out” “no weakness” “adapt or die” “sleep is for the weak”

I appreciate the motivational aspect to these quotes and I do live by the subtext of some of these but the reality is you need to keep healthy (mind and body) to continue delivering excellence to your customers.

There is very little value in running yourself into the ground because there will come at point no matter how committed or driven you are that you will hit a wall. A healthy life work balance is very important and can often help improve your skills.

It is ok to say no

I forgot to mention in my customer support section that you do not always need to say yes to everything. I understand the concept behind saying yes to all customers because we all want to do a good job however there is positives in saying no. I pride myself with telling my customers when their idea/request might not actually be good or outside the scope of work.

Remember you are the professional of your skill, your opinion does count and you are here with your customers best interests in mind. That being said, how you choose to tell your customers “no” is an artform that requires understanding, explanation, comprehension and ultimately showing respect.

Often customers will request extra work without the understanding the extra costs / extra work related to the request. If you find a customer is requesting well outside the scope of the project use this as a catalyst to upsell your work, remember be a great sales person.

Do not be reactive

We are all human and when someone is unhappy with your work we often become defensive, reactive and all which can lead down a path to hostility. No one likes being told by a customer that they are not pleased with your work. Everyone’s expectations can be different but the worst thing you can do is to react to negative communications with equal negativity or aggression.

We have all been there with a difficult buyer, you have given the customer everything (even free work) delivered everything they have requested but they are not happy. Some buyers can be rude, insulting and nasty about your work and its natural to become hurt or offended. My advice is to not message back until you are calm, level headed and in a positive mindset. You will be surprised at the results if you are clam and understand the issue while attempting to solve the problem together. It is always a good idea to try see it from the customers point of view as well which will allow you both to come to a positive solution.

Hopefully these tips helps, thank you once again.

Andrew

• Like 17

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, it is truly appreciated. I have been reflecting on my thread and there was a few things I missed out that i feel is worth mentioning.

The burnout effect

I believe this stage is inevitable in all walks of life, no matter if your a CEO, Rockstar or Fiverr Seller, there will come a time when workloads will be extremely stressful and can take their toll on you both mentally and physically. It is not just about the workload but life at some point will throw a curve ball at you and understanding/coping with this is a very important stage for longevity. Society has somewhat recently pushed /influenced many entrepreneurs to embody mindsets such as;

“no sleep team” “grind it out” “no weakness” “adapt or die” “sleep is for the weak”

I appreciate the motivational aspect to these quotes and I do live by the subtext of some of these but the reality is you need to keep healthy (mind and body) to continue delivering excellence to your customers.

There is very little value in running yourself into the ground because there will come at point no matter how committed or driven you are that you will hit a wall. A healthy life work balance is very important and can often help improve your skills.

It is ok to say no

I forgot to mention in my customer support section that you do not always need to say yes to everything. I understand the concept behind saying yes to all customers because we all want to do a good job however there is positives in saying no. I pride myself with telling my customers when their idea/request might not actually be good or outside the scope of work.

Remember you are the professional of your skill, your opinion does count and you are here with your customers best interests in mind. That being said, how you choose to tell your customers “no” is an artform that requires understanding, explanation, comprehension and ultimately showing respect.

Often customers will request extra work without the understanding the extra costs / extra work related to the request. If you find a customer is requesting well outside the scope of the project use this as a catalyst to upsell your work, remember be a great sales person.

Do not be reactive

We are all human and when someone is unhappy with your work we often become defensive, reactive and all which can lead down a path to hostility. No one likes being told by a customer that they are not pleased with your work. Everyone’s expectations can be different but the worst thing you can do is to react to negative communications with equal negativity or aggression.

We have all been there with a difficult buyer, you have given the customer everything (even free work) delivered everything they have requested but they are not happy. Some buyers can be rude, insulting and nasty about your work and its natural to become hurt or offended. My advice is to not message back until you are calm, level headed and in a positive mindset. You will be surprised at the results if you are clam and understand the issue while attempting to solve the problem together. It is always a good idea to try see it from the customers point of view as well which will allow you both to come to a positive solution.

Andrew

Very important and true words! This is one of the reasons why staying online 24/7 can never work. We are limited as humans. Work cannot be everything in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

Also, congratulations on all your amazing success! $100,000 in a year is just mind-blowingly awesome!

• Like 8

The burnout effect

It is ok to say no

Do not be reactive

Andrew

best explain thank you

• Like 3