After receiving 10 revisions my client wants to cancel the order

usssamaa

I would seriously take a deep look at the TOS, of Fiverr or whatever site you plan on working on next, if you’re leaving. No matter the website, the TOS is important. You agree to them to use sites like Fiverr. They’re there for a reason, and if you had been aware of it prior, I doubt you would be experiencing half of these issues.

Yes exactly I’m gonna read TOS now. At-least I learnt this lesson.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t understand, some people just deserve what they get. Multiple people saying exactly what he had to do - refuse cancelation, contact CS, and wait. But no, the brilliant mind had to propose a money exchange on PayPal, if the buyer didn’t cancel or leave a review. So, three strikes just there - outside contact, money exchange outside Fiverr, and review manipulation. And all of this dealing with someone who wasn’t happy with the order, which drastically improves the chances of being reported to CS. I’m speechless. This is beyond dumb.

Yep… I mean, it seems like he went to TOS page and checked off every rule he could break. He hit 3 birds with one stone! Wonder if they have a badge for that here?

Oh well… gonna be a harsh learning experience.

And I DID NOT offer unlimited revisions.

You offered “0” revision? Technically: On all orders, 1 revision is included by default (irrespective of the number of revision(s) offered).

It was a custom offer. Number of revisions were optional. So I left it at “select” and proposed the offer.

Yep… I mean, it seems like he went to TOS page and checked off every rule he could break. He hit 3 birds with one stone! Wonder if they have a badge for that here?

Oh well… gonna be a harsh learning experience.

Didn’t I break only one rule? Offering money outside fiverr? What are the other two?

It was a custom offer. Number of revisions were optional. So I left it at “select” and proposed the offer.

Number of revisions were optional

Yes, this is the cause of the problem. Even if you select "1 or 2 or maybe “20”, revisions offered/included is not displayed in a custom offer. I will create a ticket for this (to fix this issue).

I still don’t know why a revision in custom offer is displayed as “Optional” from Fiverr’s end.

This needs to be fixed!!

You offered “0” revision? Technically: On all orders, 1 revision is included by default (irrespective of the number of revision(s) offered).

This is not true. You can specify 0 revisions. That means something. Of course that means you have to select “0”. If you select nothing, there’s an unspecified number of revisions.

This is not true. You can specify 0 revisions. That means something. Of course that means you have to select “0”. If you select nothing, there’s an unspecified number of revisions.

No. In custom offer we can’t specify “0”. It starts from “1”.

Well, if we’re speaking technically, a buyer can request any number of revisions regardless of what the number of included revisions is.

So none of us is safe from abusive buyers pressing that revision button endlessly to provoke the seller and make them do something stupid, so they can go running to CS for cancellation.

It is on us though to not give in to temptation to do something stupid, remain calm and polite and avoid breaking rules. And kindly remind them how many free revisions they have.

Well, if we’re speaking technically, a buyer can request any number of revisions regardless of what the number of included revisions is.

So none of us is safe from abusive buyers pressing that revision button endlessly to provoke the seller and make them do something stupid, so they can go running to CS for cancellation.

It is on us though to not give in to temptation to do something stupid, remain calm and polite and avoid breaking rules. And kindly remind them how many free revisions they have.

Totally agree, 🙂

This is not true.

This is 100% true.

Fiverr provides two options to either “accept a delivery” or “reject the delivery”. Rejecting the delivery puts the order automatically to modification state.

If I offer no revision on my gig, Fiverr will still provide those options to a buyer. Fiverr won’t provide just only one option of Accepting a Delivery to a buyer because there are no revision included on that order. Buyer is always provided with 2 options.

a buyer can request any number of revisions regardless of what the number of included revisions is.

They have to pay for additional revisions If the number of free revision(s) is expired.

I had already asked Fiverr to implement this feature of automatically redirecting the buyer to pay for additional revisions from one’s gig extras of “Additional Revision” if the number of free revision(s) is expired. I don’t know when this will be implemented.

40560958_additionalrevision.PNG.c3b08ed9fc513690df53695c878e5a48.PNG
additional revision902×227 9.49 KB

kindly remind them how many free revisions they have.

Fiverr displays a message “Your buyer has “x” number of revisions left.”. I never remind my buyer. I hope Fiverr reminds them as they remind/display that message to me.

This is not true.

This is 100% true.

Fiverr provides two options to either “accept a delivery” or “reject the delivery”. Rejecting the delivery puts the order automatically to modification state.

If I offer no revision on my gig, Fiverr will still provide those options to a buyer. Fiverr won’t provide just only one option of Accepting a Delivery to a buyer because there are no revision included on that order. Buyer is always provided with 2 options.

a buyer can request any number of revisions regardless of what the number of included revisions is.

They have to pay for additional revisions If the number of free revision(s) is expired.

I had already asked Fiverr to implement this feature of automatically redirecting the buyer to pay for additional revisions from one’s gig extras of “Additional Revision” if the number of free revision(s) is expired. I don’t know when this will be implemented.

kindly remind them how many free revisions they have.

Fiverr displays a message “Your buyer has “x” number of revisions left.”. I never remind my buyer. I hope Fiverr reminds them as they remind/display that message to me.

Don’t twist my words. You are wrong. Simple as that. You can offer gigs with 0 revisions. The fact that Fiverr allows buyers to request a revision on a gig with 0 free revisions is irrelevant. A buyer can always request a revision. They are never forced by the system to pay for additional revisions if they use the free ones. The system is broken.

I can offer 1 revision in my gig, and the buyer can click the request revision 10 times if they want to. Does that mean I offer 10 revisions? That’s ridiculous. Stop making things up.

By your logic (“Fiverr allows a revision to be requested, therefore it is included”), all gigs offer, in practice, unlimited revisions. Because a buyer can request revisions with no limit.

My assertion is simple: you can offer a gig with 0 revisions. Here’s my proof:

660390973_Screenshot2020-11-11at05_12_26.thumb.png.1d94475d4c579b270009c44442e2e9d5.png
Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 05.12.261524×2142 219 KB

You say we can’t. Where’s your proof? Put up or shut up.

Don’t twist my words. You are wrong. Simple as that. You can offer gigs with 0 revisions. The fact that Fiverr allows buyers to request a revision on a gig with 0 free revisions is irrelevant. A buyer can always request a revision. They are never forced by the system to pay for additional revisions if they use the free ones. The system is broken.

I can offer 1 revision in my gig, and the buyer can click the request revision 10 times if they want to. Does that mean I offer 10 revisions? That’s ridiculous. Stop making things up.

By your logic (“Fiverr allows a revision to be requested, therefore it is included”), all gigs offer, in practice, unlimited revisions. Because a buyer can request revisions with no limit.

My assertion is simple: you can offer a gig with 0 revisions. Here’s my proof:

You say we can’t. Where’s your proof? Put up or shut up.

By your logic (“Fiverr allows a revision to be requested, therefore it is included”)

I’m going by my experience. Currently, I offer 5 free revisions and whenever buyer request a first revision >

Fiverr displays “Your buyer has 5 revisions left” on my end.

Fiverr doesn’t display “Your buyer has 4 revision left” because 1 is already requested.

1 revision is by default included.

Don’t twist my words. You are wrong. Simple as that

I’m not wrong. I will re-clarify it from the support and will post it here.

Put up or shut up.

Watch your words.

By your logic (“Fiverr allows a revision to be requested, therefore it is included”)

I’m going by my experience. Currently, I offer 5 free revisions and whenever buyer request a first revision >

Fiverr displays “Your buyer has 5 revisions left” on my end.

Fiverr doesn’t display “Your buyer has 4 revision left” because 1 is already requested.

1 revision is by default included.

Don’t twist my words. You are wrong. Simple as that

I’m not wrong. I will re-clarify it from the support and will post it here.

Put up or shut up.

Watch your words.

Refer to the screenshot above. You can offer zero revisions. That’s that. End of story. And you don’t get to tell me what to watch.

And you don’t get to tell me what to watch.

Yeah, got it. I don’t need to tell you. I have all options on my end.

We’re talking about free revisions. You can offer 0 free revisions. My screenshot (that you conveniently keep ignoring) shows that clearly. Here’s the screenshot again, enlarged for your convenience, in case you’ve missed it somehow:

397177865_Screenshot2020-11-11at05_37_31.thumb.png.167e0f1fdb8a412539433a1572dbdcda.png
Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 05.37.311692×530 34.4 KB

If you couldn’t offer 0 free revisions, you wouldn’t have that option. Apparently in custom offers that’s not an option. It is an option on gigs. So Fiverr allows sellers to offer 0 free revisions on gigs. They put the option there. I don’t see what’s hard to get about that.

I have all options on my end.

What does that even mean?

We’re talking about free revisions. You can offer 0 free revisions. My screenshot (that you conveniently keep ignoring) shows that clearly. Here’s the screenshot again, enlarged for your convenience, in case you’ve missed it somehow:

If you couldn’t offer 0 free revisions, you wouldn’t have that option. Apparently in custom offers that’s not an option. It is an option on gigs. So Fiverr allows sellers to offer 0 free revisions on gigs. They put the option there. I don’t see what’s hard to get about that.

I have all options on my end.

What does that even mean?

So Fiverr allows sellers to offer 0 free revisions on gigs. They put the option there. I don’t see what’s hard to get about that.

I do agree with that.

But just a quick question: Suppose I am a buyer and I order a gig offering “0” revision and the seller delivered the order and I found out that the delivery is incomplete/not in line with the order requirements/missing information that I specifically told in the order requirements and it was ignored by the seller.

What should I do then? (because the seller offer “0” revisions)

Should the seller be given a chance to redeliver the order with the comments that I mentioned in the order requirements and seller ignored or somehow missed? Should I accept the delivery or ?

OR

Should I ask CS to cancel it immediately because the seller offers “0” revisions and I have found out the delivery is incomplete/missing elements that I specifically told to include?

I think seller should be a given a chance to redeliver because they missed some little things in the delivery (for eg: correction in email address or phone number etc).

And I’m still standing on my point that Fiverr offers min. 1 revision as default on all orders.(Even if you select 0 revisions while creating gig packages)

I’m creating a ticket and would definitely give reference to this forum post because users have reported that the system is broken and needs to be fixed. I will also seek more clarity from the Support on the default number of revision offered if the gig offers “0” revision.

So Fiverr allows sellers to offer 0 free revisions on gigs. They put the option there. I don’t see what’s hard to get about that.

I do agree with that.

But just a quick question: Suppose I am a buyer and I order a gig offering “0” revision and the seller delivered the order and I found out that the delivery is incomplete/not in line with the order requirements/missing information that I specifically told in the order requirements and it was ignored by the seller.

What should I do then? (because the seller offer “0” revisions)

Should the seller be given a chance to redeliver the order with the comments that I mentioned in the order requirements and seller ignored or somehow missed? Should I accept the delivery or ?

OR

Should I ask CS to cancel it immediately because the seller offers “0” revisions and I have found out the delivery is incomplete/missing elements that I specifically told to include?

I think seller should be a given a chance to redeliver because they missed some little things in the delivery (for eg: correction in email address or phone number etc).

And I’m still standing on my point that Fiverr offers min. 1 revision as default on all orders.(Even if you select 0 revisions while creating gig packages)

I’m creating a ticket and would definitely give reference to this forum post because users have reported that the system is broken and needs to be fixed. I will also seek more clarity from the Support on the default number of revision offered if the gig offers “0” revision.

If a delivery is not according to spec, revisions don’t apply - the work submitted was not complete. (BTW, it’s against terms of service to deliver incomplete work).

Free revisions are to change / fix details, after the order was fully delivered. If you fail to do that, it doesn’t apply. That’s not a revision (even though you can ask for it by clicking the revision button), that’s just a “come on seller, do what you promised to do!”. If you offer 1 free revision and deliver incomplete work, the buyer can request you to deliver what you promised and still keep the free revision for later. “Revisions” that the buyer asks because the work was not correct/complete, are not revisions. If you offer 5 free revisions, and the buyer requests one because you failed to deliver what you promised, he still has 5 revisions after.

For example - I offer 1 free revision in all my gigs. If there is a typo, or a mistake on my part, I will change it and that doesn’t count as a revision. I’ll do it as many times as needed to fix all mistakes. Revisions are to change things that are not necessarily wrong according to the instructions.

And I’m still standing on my point that Fiverr offer 1 revision as default on all orders.(Even if you select 0 revisions while creating gig packages)

But why? If you think that way because a buyer can click “request revision”, I can argue that Fiverr offers unlimited revisions on all orders, regardless of what the gig promises, since the buyer can keep clicking the request revision forever! Why do you say 1, then?

My point is that if I deliver exactly what I said I would and the client agreed to and my gig is set at 0 revisions, the buyer will have to pay for any further changes.

My other point, is that the revision system is broken - Once a buyer exhausts the free revisions offered (so, no revisions if the gig states “0”), the button should be greyed out, and he shouldn’t be able to “request modification” without paying the extra revision price. They also don’t need to open a revision for mistakes or failure to follow instructions, they can just ask for it in a message, thereby avoiding any problems with a “greyed out” revision button on gigs with zero revisions. This also answers your question of:

Should the seller be given a chance to redeliver the order with the comments that I mentioned in the order requirements and seller ignored or somehow missed?

Don’t open a revision - just ask for it to be fixed. If the seller choses to ignore it and lets it auto-complete, he knows he will get hit with a bad review, so no seller will do that.

Because right now a client can keep requesting as many free revisions as they want on any gig where the work was done according to specifications, which I’m sure you agree doesn’t make sense. This lets buyers abuse the system, and keep an order open forever if they want, thereby delaying your payment as long as they want.

If a delivery is not according to spec, revisions don’t apply - the work submitted was not complete. (BTW, it’s against terms of service to deliver incomplete work).

Free revisions are to change / fix details, after the order was fully delivered. If you fail to do that, it doesn’t apply. That’s not a revision (even though you can ask for it by clicking the revision button), that’s just a “come on seller, do what you promised to do!”. If you offer 1 free revision and deliver incomplete work, the buyer can request you to deliver what you promised and still keep the free revision for later. “Revisions” that the buyer asks because the work was not correct/complete, are not revisions. If you offer 5 free revisions, and the buyer requests one because you failed to deliver what you promised, he still has 5 revisions after.

For example - I offer 1 free revision in all my gigs. If there is a typo, or a mistake on my part, I will change it and that doesn’t count as a revision. I’ll do it as many times as needed to fix all mistakes. Revisions are to change things that are not necessarily wrong according to the instructions.

And I’m still standing on my point that Fiverr offer 1 revision as default on all orders.(Even if you select 0 revisions while creating gig packages)

But why? If you think that way because a buyer can click “request revision”, I can argue that Fiverr offers unlimited revisions on all orders, regardless of what the gig promises, since the buyer can keep clicking the request revision forever! Why do you say 1, then?

My point is that if I deliver exactly what I said I would and the client agreed to and my gig is set at 0 revisions, the buyer will have to pay for any further changes.

My other point, is that the revision system is broken - Once a buyer exhausts the free revisions offered (so, no revisions if the gig states “0”), the button should be greyed out, and he shouldn’t be able to “request modification” without paying the extra revision price. They also don’t need to open a revision for mistakes or failure to follow instructions, they can just ask for it in a message, thereby avoiding any problems with a “greyed out” revision button on gigs with zero revisions. This also answers your question of:

Should the seller be given a chance to redeliver the order with the comments that I mentioned in the order requirements and seller ignored or somehow missed?

Don’t open a revision - just ask for it to be fixed. If the seller choses to ignore it and lets it auto-complete, he knows he will get hit with a bad review, so no seller will do that.

Because right now a client can keep requesting as many free revisions as they want on any gig where the work was done according to specifications, which I’m sure you agree doesn’t make sense. This lets buyers abuse the system, and keep an order open forever if they want, thereby delaying your payment as long as they want.

Why do you say 1

Because Fiverr says that they cannot force a buyer to accept a delivery. And this is why both options are made available to them. Accept it Or Reject it.

If they are rejecting the delivery in the first stance then they need to explain things to the seller as why the delivery wasn’t accepted by mentioning the changes they need. Sellers are human and humans do make mistakes. It’s not that sellers are always right.

Fiverr wants both parties to communicate to resolve any issues related to the delivery.

reject.thumb.PNG.8b15349dd451931467f773297a56e015.PNG
reject1094×148 17.7 KB

Fiverr says " both users are encouraged to communicate on the order page to sort out any issues with the delivery." This thing is displayed under “Rejected Delivery”.

My other point, is that the revision system is broken - Once a buyer exhausts the free revisions offered (so, no revisions if the gig states “0”), the button should be greyed out, and he shouldn’t be able to “request modification” without paying the extra revision price. Because right now a client can keep requesting as many free revisions as they want on any gig, which I’m sure you agree doesn’t make sense.

Already agreed!!

👇

I am searching for this “Abuse of Request a Revision” button. I know this was earlier mentioned in the ToS but now I think it’s removed. I will search in my earlier copies of Fiverr ToS.

If Fiverr can keep this:

• The Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in these Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an Order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that Order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller.

and then Fiverr should also add this:

The Request a Revision feature may not be abused by the buyers to circumvent the Order guidelines described in the Terms of Service.

I am 100% sure that I know this thing existed but I couldn’t find it in the new ToS.

Still searching…

Why do you say 1

Because Fiverr says that they cannot force a buyer to accept a delivery. And this is why both options are made available to them. Accept it Or Reject it.

If they are rejecting the delivery in the first stance then they need to explain things to the seller as why the delivery wasn’t accepted by mentioning the changes they need. Sellers are human and humans do make mistakes. It’s not that sellers are always right.

Fiverr wants both parties to communicate to resolve any issues related to the delivery.

Fiverr says " both users are encouraged to communicate on the order page to sort out any issues with the delivery." This thing is displayed under “Rejected Delivery”.

My other point, is that the revision system is broken - Once a buyer exhausts the free revisions offered (so, no revisions if the gig states “0”), the button should be greyed out, and he shouldn’t be able to “request modification” without paying the extra revision price. Because right now a client can keep requesting as many free revisions as they want on any gig, which I’m sure you agree doesn’t make sense.

Already agreed!!

👇

I am searching for this “Abuse of Request a Revision” button. I know this was earlier mentioned in the ToS but now I think it’s removed. I will search in my earlier copies of Fiverr ToS.

If Fiverr can keep this:

• The Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in these Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an Order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that Order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller.

and then Fiverr should also add this:

The Request a Revision feature may not be abused by the buyers to circumvent the Order guidelines described in the Terms of Service.

I am 100% sure that I know this thing existed but I couldn’t find it in the new ToS.

Still searching…

Right. But then why 1? It’s unlimited. A buyer cannot be forced to accept a delivery after 1 revision. But a buyer also isn’t forced after 2. Or after 3. Or 100.

They always have the option to request a revision. They can never be forced to complete the order. So by your logic, all gigs have unlimited revisions. Not just 1.

It doesn’t make sense to say “since Fiverr gives the buyer the option of accepting or rejecting a delivery, the number of revisions is what the order says + 1”. Why +1? They always give the buyer the option to accept or reject, after every revised delivery.

So, in conclusion, we have two options here:

1. The number of revisions is what the gig says. 0, 1, 2, unlimited - whatever the order says.

or

1. All gigs have unlimited revisions.

It has to be one of those two. No other option.

Hi, a week ago I received an order from a client. I had 3 days time to finish the job. I finished it the next day. and then she asked for a revision. Which I provided the same day. After receiving the work she did not accept my delivery.

She said that she want to get the video approved from her client. After a few hours she texted me back saying that she want another revision and this time she totally changed the job and said “I’m sorry my client did not made himself clear”.

So again I provided her another version of the video. She again said that she wants to get the video approved from his client. Then she again came back asking for more revisions.

This kept happening for a week she asked for revisions again and again. I argued with her that why is she asking for so many revisions to which she said “I have no hand in this. My client asked this”. This happened probably 11 times. Her client would disapprove the work. And she would ask for me to do more work.

At the end I said I’m not gonna provide her any more revisions because the revisions don’t make any sense. And now she wants to cancel the order.

I’ve provided her so much of my time. I’ve done the job that she asked for. She keeps asking for more and more. I don’t want to cancel the order I want to get paid.

I can even send you the screenshots of the chat I always do what she ask for and then she says “It looks great, thank you let me just show it to my client” and then she comes up with another change. She also tried to scare me by saying that she’ll leave me a feedback that I won’t like and then later she apologized. I can send you the screenshots

What should I do know? I want to get paid

It either is that you don’t provide quality work or you client is a scam. Increase your prices.

Try your best and remember always be kind towards your buyer but if they do not accept your apology then it’s a scam

Offering “Unlimited Revisions” is just asking to be taken advantage of. I know many new people here think they have to do this in order to gain trust or clients, but, that is not true. Only offer 1 to 3 revisions - if they keep changing their mind, then they need to pay extra.

GG

I give unlimited revisions so that people choose me over other’s, this may help me get an order was my mindset when I first started then for the first 4 orders I have given clients more than 72 logo design concepts and a lot of changes and got good reviews but then I moved to another website where there are no revisions which can be provided and I started making good profits and helped me gain the confidence that I can create good stuff with no revisions but since I’m new on Fiverr and mainly to secure a good review I am keeping my prices high to avoid scammers and provide unlimited revisions

I prefer to work with local businesses but this pandemic has screwed me

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Sure, but that doesn’t really matter. CS doesn’t follow TOS. They won’t force close an order, ever, it has to be the client. They can abuse it all they want, nothing will happen. And besides, that’s very specific - buyers that abuse the revisions to get more services.

Buyers can abuse the revision to keep an order open for a week or a month, for example, while they wait for feedback (if they are outsourcing, for example). That’s clear abuse, and TOS says 0 about that, since it’s not asking for extra services. In the meanwhile, you’re not getting paid.

A buyer can open a revision and not provide instructions for the revision. Clear abuse, and yet it’s not asking for extra services.

Buyers can abuse the revision to keep asking for tweaks. Initial order requests a logo in blue. You deliver. Then they request a revision saying they want it in red instead. Then another in pink. Etc. That would not be considered an “extra service”, just a change to the provided service. Yet, still a clear abuse.

Archived