After receiving 10 revisions my client wants to cancel the order

usssamaa

I did some research before and I learnt that from someone’s gig who offer unlimited revisions and that person is in the pro category. I didn’t know there are scammers in this site so i thought it would be a good offer. I just created seller account yesterday so I still don’t know how things work here. I will definitely consider your suggestion to only offer 1 to 3 revisions.

Thank you.

I did some research before and I learnt that from someone’s gig who offer unlimited revisions and that person is in the pro category.

I don’t understand that. At what price point does he offer them? Not that it excuses it, unlimited is always a bad idea. But I can somewhat understand offering unlimited revisions on a $10.000 project. On a $5 gig it’s just absurd.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some research before and I learnt that from someone’s gig who offer unlimited revisions and that person is in the pro category.

I don’t understand that. At what price point does he offer them? Not that it excuses it, unlimited is always a bad idea. But I can somewhat understand offering unlimited revisions on a $10.000 project. On a $5 gig it’s just absurd.

his price point was $50 ~ $200. as I said I’m offering unlimited revisions based on my experience. I’m pretty confident with my skill and it may only take 2-3 revisions in a project and I use unlimited revisions as a gimmick to attract buyer.

but that’s before i know there are scammer in this site. I will consider to change it.

his price point was $50 ~ $200. as I said I’m offering unlimited revisions based on my experience. I’m pretty confident with my skill and it may only take 2-3 revisions in a project and I use unlimited revisions as a gimmick to attract buyer.

but that’s before i know there are scammer in this site. I will consider to change it.

I’m pretty confident with my skill and it may only take 2-3 revisions in a project and I use unlimited revisions as a gimmick to attract buyer.

There are ultimately 2 kinds of unlimited revisions enthusiasts:

• People who go: “This seller offers 2 rounds of revisions. But I know myself, my team, my boss and with this particular project it’ll probably take 4-5 rounds. I better look for someone offering unlimited revisions just to be safe”;
  • And people who go: “I’m full of ideas and your immortal soul is mine forever”.

You never know which one you’re getting.

It’s not the first time when I see the “but some Pro sellers offer unlimited revisions” argument. I’m “only” a TRS and since that happened, the amount of buyers who tried to threaten me, scam me, take advantage of me has decreased to 1-2 people a year. Before becoming TRS, I’d get 1-2 bad buyers a month. Other people probably get more, I’ve just always been pretty strict with enforcing my rules.

The point is, bad buyers are afraid of the TRS/Pro badge. Some slip through, of course, but the chance of getting exploited is much lower. Plus, we get quick CS response in case things do go wrong.

Offering unlimited revisions as a new seller leaves you completely exposed. Offering unlimited revisions in Logo category of all places also makes you incredibly naive. By taking pride in your skills and hoping that somehow they alone will carry you through you assume that every other buyer you’d encounter will go: “OMG, you’re so skillful, great job”. What you’re going to do in reality is deal with “this is not what I wanted” kind of buyers and get 20 rounds of revisions to try different fonts.

Anyway. Decline cancellations, OP. And send screenshots to CS. Be polite, let her make herself look worse and worse with all the threats she’s posting. I hope the situation will get resolved in your favor.

I’m pretty confident with my skill and it may only take 2-3 revisions in a project and I use unlimited revisions as a gimmick to attract buyer.

There are ultimately 2 kinds of unlimited revisions enthusiasts:

• People who go: “This seller offers 2 rounds of revisions. But I know myself, my team, my boss and with this particular project it’ll probably take 4-5 rounds. I better look for someone offering unlimited revisions just to be safe”;
  • And people who go: “I’m full of ideas and your immortal soul is mine forever”.

You never know which one you’re getting.

It’s not the first time when I see the “but some Pro sellers offer unlimited revisions” argument. I’m “only” a TRS and since that happened, the amount of buyers who tried to threaten me, scam me, take advantage of me has decreased to 1-2 people a year. Before becoming TRS, I’d get 1-2 bad buyers a month. Other people probably get more, I’ve just always been pretty strict with enforcing my rules.

The point is, bad buyers are afraid of the TRS/Pro badge. Some slip through, of course, but the chance of getting exploited is much lower. Plus, we get quick CS response in case things do go wrong.

Offering unlimited revisions as a new seller leaves you completely exposed. Offering unlimited revisions in Logo category of all places also makes you incredibly naive. By taking pride in your skills and hoping that somehow they alone will carry you through you assume that every other buyer you’d encounter will go: “OMG, you’re so skillful, great job”. What you’re going to do in reality is deal with “this is not what I wanted” kind of buyers and get 20 rounds of revisions to try different fonts.

Anyway. Decline cancellations, OP. And send screenshots to CS. Be polite, let her make herself look worse and worse with all the threats she’s posting. I hope the situation will get resolved in your favor.

i just did a quick recheck and it’s not pro account that I was talking it was a rising talent or something. it makes me feel like i’m on the same level as they are when I’m looking at their gig. So I’m kinda copy their offering.

I’ve dealt a few “this is not what I wanted” kind of client. and what I do is guide them to understand what they need. so before I start designing, me and the client are on the same direction and we kinda know how the finished logo will look like which will reduce the possibility of revisions.

but I just changed my gig to only allow 3 revisions, I’m still not quite understand how things work here and I want to play safe.

i just did a quick recheck and it’s not pro account that I was talking it was a rising talent or something. it makes me feel like i’m on the same level as they are when I’m looking at their gig. So I’m kinda copy their offering.

I’ve dealt a few “this is not what I wanted” kind of client. and what I do is guide them to understand what they need. so before I start designing, me and the client are on the same direction and we kinda know how the finished logo will look like which will reduce the possibility of revisions.

but I just changed my gig to only allow 3 revisions, I’m still not quite understand how things work here and I want to play safe.

it was a rising talent or something. it makes me feel like i’m on the same level as they are when I’m looking at their gig. So I’m kinda copy their offering.

Rising Talent is a new seller with potential. You for sure can get inspired by the quality of their work but I’d look elsewhere for a working gig setup formula.

so before I start designing, me and the client are on the same direction and we kinda know how the finished logo will look like

On fiverr, buyers are not required to contact you prior to making a purchase. So you’ll just wake up one day to an order with a bare minimum of information and a buyer who is not willing to have a discussion while your order timer is ticking already. That happens a lot.

but I just changed my gig to only allow 3 revisions

That’s good.

I use unlimited revisions as a gimmick to attract buyer.

And there you go, that’s the problem. “Gimmicks” don’t work. Stop trying to use tricks. They’ll only get your burned. Offer what you’re willing to deliver. What you’re doing is in practice a bait and switch. If you are honest and offer unlimited revisions, you better be ready to revise it 100 times for free if I ask you to, no complaints.

I use unlimited revisions as a gimmick to attract buyer.

And there you go, that’s the problem. “Gimmicks” don’t work. Stop trying to use tricks. They’ll only get your burned. Offer what you’re willing to deliver. What you’re doing is in practice a bait and switch. If you are honest and offer unlimited revisions, you better be ready to revise it 100 times for free if I ask you to, no complaints.

it’s funny that most of the articles out there give some sort of tricks on how to boost gigs performance even some fiverr articles wrote that.

as I already said multiple times, this is based on my experience, I never tell my clients that they have limitations on revisions but it always end with 2 or 3 revisions. that’s what makes me confident, experiences!.

But I understand the concern of having unlimited revisions, I’ve decided to change it and I did changed it to only allow 3 revisions.

it’s funny that most of the articles out there give some sort of tricks on how to boost gigs performance even some fiverr articles wrote that.

as I already said multiple times, this is based on my experience, I never tell my clients that they have limitations on revisions but it always end with 2 or 3 revisions. that’s what makes me confident, experiences!.

But I understand the concern of having unlimited revisions, I’ve decided to change it and I did changed it to only allow 3 revisions.

A lot of misinformation out there. All the “gurus” want is your money or the ad money from your views. So the internet is filled with “Make money fast and easy on Fiverr, no skills needed!” or clickbait like “10 Amazing secret tips to succeed on Fiverr”! It’s all BS. There are no tricks, there are no secrets.

Please don’t offer unlimited revisions. It is a terrible strategy.

While it might potentially attract interest in your gigs to start with - it will ONLY be from scammer buyers who know how to play the system to their advantage.

If you can’t sell a gig without the gimmick of unlimited revisions then you need to review your offering.

If you do offer unlimited revisions, a buyer can demand free work from you infinitely. In the event of a dispute, it is also very widely documented in these forums that Fiverr tend to side with the buyer and not the seller when unlimited revisions are offered.

Unlimited revisions should be ONLY applied to returning customers that demonstrate high communication skills, friendliness and professionalism. I offered this option only once in a custom offer for a regular client, because the project was huge. But he went straight with the first delivery in the end.

I think it can considerably help building an additional layer of trust and loyalty to your most valuable customers.

But yeah : unlimited revisions should IN ANY CASE not be on the table for unknown / potential customers …

Unlimited revisions should be ONLY applied to returning customers that demonstrate high communication skills, friendliness and professionalism. I offered this option only once in a custom offer for a regular client, because the project was huge. But he went straight with the first delivery in the end.

I think it can considerably help building an additional layer of trust and loyalty to your most valuable customers.

But yeah : unlimited revisions should IN ANY CASE not be on the table for unknown / potential customers …

The thing is that, for those clients, it doesn’t need to be stated on the order page. I only offer 1 revision on all my gigs for free. That doesn’t stop me from offering more at my discretion, and I often do it for small tweaks. I have a regular client for whom I did 2 or 3 free revisions multiple times, even though the order stated only 1 revision included.

That’s the key - if I offer a limited number, I can always offer more for free as long as I want, but can’t be forced to do it. If I find them unreasonable, I can just point to the contract (an open order is a contract). However, if the order states “unlimited”, the client can, for any reason, make my life hell.

Want to impress clients? Under promise, over deliver. If you offer unlimited anything, you’ll never be able to deliver what you promised there (if the client pushes for it), much less over deliver.

To finalize, offering unlimited revisions also signals to the buyer you are not confident you’ll get it right the first few times, and that the revision process will possibly take a long time and a lot of back and forth. That’s not very attractive for most serious buyers. And for regular clients, I assume you already have an idea of what they want/like and how things work, so the revision process should be even simpler.

Actually, I agree with you! If you have built a long-standing relationship with a client, and there’s some trust on both sides - then I don’t see much wrong with being more flexible within the confines of a custom offer. However, I would never encourage anyone to offer unlimited revisions as part of a normal gig.

Actually, I agree with you! If you have built a long-standing relationship with a client, and there’s some trust on both sides - then I don’t see much wrong with being more flexible within the confines of a custom offer. However, I would never encourage anyone to offer unlimited revisions as part of a normal gig.

If you have a long-standing relationship with a client, you still don’t need to send an offer with unlimited revisions on it. You can just do the revisions without explicitly offering them in the contract.

Hello everyone. This is how it ended.

After providing her 9th revision I had told her that I can’t porvide anymore revisions. I didn’t want her to leave me a bad feedback so I asked her that I can refund her money and cancel the order. She told me that canceling the order will also affect my profile. So I said that I can return her money on PayPal and she just accepts my order don’t leave a feedback at all. (She was very friendly that’s why I said this to her) And she said that this will be last revision there’s no need.

Today I received a notification from fiverr saying that my order with her was cancelled with her by fiverr support. And the order funds have been returned to the buyer. Because I offered payment outside fiverr.

Fiverr did not even reply to my requests. I’m sure they haven’t even seen my screenshots. And they’ve canceled the order. She won.

Important Note: I did not offer unlimited revisions. I offered 0 revisions in the job offer. I was only providing her revisions so she would leave me a good feedback.

If you guys are interested about my case I’ve uploaded the chat screenshots on google drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18kAxTQt4dAFMuCs3lv_N2F-1ySRx1c0t?usp=sharing

I guess I’ll quit fiverr and make my career on upwork.

After providing her 9th revision I had told her that I can’t porvide anymore revisions. I didn’t want her to leave me a bad feedback so I asked her that I can refund her money and cancel the order. She told me that canceling the order will also affect my profile. So I said that I can return her money on PayPal and she just accepts my order don’t leave a feedback at all. (She was very friendly that’s why I said this to her) And she said that this will be last revision there’s no need.

Today I received a notification from fiverr saying that my order with her was cancelled with her by fiverr support. And the order funds have been returned to the buyer. Because I offered payment outside fiverr.

Fiverr did not even reply to my requests. I’m sure they haven’t even seen my screenshots. And they’ve canceled the order. She won.

Important Note: I did not offer unlimited revisions. I offered 0 revisions in the job offer. I was only providing her revisions so she would leave me a good feedback.

If you guys are interested about my case I’ve uploaded the chat screenshots on google drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18kAxTQt4dAFMuCs3lv_N2F-1ySRx1c0t?usp=sharing

So I said that I can return her money on PayPal and she just accepts my order don’t leave a feedback at all.

WHAT? That’s a MAJOR TOS breach. You’re lucky you didn’t get banned. Wtf were you thinking lol

You violated Terms of Service multiple times.

Can you confirm that you haven’t received any warning?

Your buyer (seller too) seems to be very well aware of the ToS.

Interesting Fact: Your buyer who is a seller too, offers just 2 revisions and You offered Unlimited Revisions.

This thread is just one long headache at this point lol

I don’t understand, some people just deserve what they get. Multiple people saying exactly what he had to do - refuse cancelation, contact CS, and wait. But no, the brilliant mind had to propose a money exchange on PayPal, if the buyer didn’t cancel or leave a review. So, three strikes just there - outside contact, money exchange outside Fiverr, and review manipulation. And all of this dealing with someone who wasn’t happy with the order, which drastically improves the chances of being reported to CS. I’m speechless. This is beyond dumb.

I don’t understand, some people just deserve what they get. Multiple people saying exactly what he had to do - refuse cancelation, contact CS, and wait. But no, the brilliant mind had to propose a money exchange on PayPal, if the buyer didn’t cancel or leave a review. So, three strikes just there - outside contact, money exchange outside Fiverr, and review manipulation. And all of this dealing with someone who wasn’t happy with the order, which drastically improves the chances of being reported to CS. I’m speechless. This is beyond dumb.

I had already asked her for the PayPal. Before I even posted the here. Before I contacted the fiverr support.I didn’t know that this was such a big issue.

You violated Terms of Service multiple times.

Can you confirm that you haven’t received any warning?

Your buyer (seller too) seems to be very well aware of the ToS.

Interesting Fact: Your buyer who is a seller too, offers just 2 revisions and You offered Unlimited Revisions.

Yes I received a warning. And I DID NOT offer unlimited revisions.

I had already asked her for the PayPal. Before I even posted the here. Before I contacted the fiverr support.I didn’t know that this was such a big issue.

I would seriously take a deep look at the TOS, of Fiverr or whatever site you plan on working on next, if you’re leaving. No matter the website, the TOS is important. You agree to them to use sites like Fiverr. They’re there for a reason, and if you had been aware of it prior, I doubt you would be experiencing half of these issues.

Archived