Don’t Send Messages Like This

maddisont

you already have many translation orders and you should share the gigs

The entitlement is mind boggling!

And what a surprise they’re using Google Translate instead of actually translating! I am shocked. Ha

This morning I got the usual one-word “Hi” message.

Fine fine, I reply asking them if they need help.

He (I think it was a he) replies:

I googled send msg on fiverr contacts… Got your link… soo just tried… Sorry… Thanks…

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!!

Pardon the shouting, but what did he mean by “got my link???”

what a surprise they’re using Google Translate instead of actually translating!

Ohhhhhh you’ll be surprised with the number of fake Google translation sellers here with good reviews and levels! I tend to report them during my free time, there’s this one particular person/people I’ve reported more than 20 times, they keep coming back.

I never thought I’d be playing the game of digital whack-a-mole at this age.

I wondered why this message looked so similar and I realized I got a similar one.

Normally, I send them a quick response but I took out time to point out errors in his message which made me skeptical about his proofreading capabilities.

I’m a new seller and it is extremely heartbreaking when I’m excited about a new message and it turns out to be a spam.

Can someone guide me on how to go about blocking such sellers?

Guest humanissocial

I wondered why this message looked so similar and I realized I got a similar one.

Normally, I send them a quick response but I took out time to point out errors in his message which made me skeptical about his proofreading capabilities.

I’m a new seller and it is extremely heartbreaking when I’m excited about a new message and it turns out to be a spam.

Can someone guide me on how to go about blocking such sellers?

t I took out time to point out errors in his message which made me skeptical about his proofreading capabilities

It’s unfortunate that so many sellers sell things they aren’t proficient in, isn’t it? So deceptive and unethical. And they wonder why they aren’t getting sales!

This morning I got the usual one-word “Hi” message.

Fine fine, I reply asking them if they need help.

He (I think it was a he) replies:

I googled send msg on fiverr contacts… Got your link… soo just tried… Sorry… Thanks…

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!!

Pardon the shouting, but what did he mean by “got my link???”

what a surprise they’re using Google Translate instead of actually translating!

Ohhhhhh you’ll be surprised with the number of fake Google translation sellers here with good reviews and levels! I tend to report them during my free time, there’s this one particular person/people I’ve reported more than 20 times, they keep coming back.

I never thought I’d be playing the game of digital whack-a-mole at this age.

I took it literally and tried it, googled “send msg on fiverr contacts”. Guess what, the first hit is a forum topic by you … and someone posted your profile link in the 2nd post of the thread, as an example … the link has 75 hits …

I took it literally and tried it, googled “send msg on fiverr contacts”. Guess what, the first hit is a forum topic by you … and someone posted your profile link in the 2nd post of the thread, as an example … the link has 75 hits …

OH MY!!! 😲

OH MY!!! 😲

That’s… wow.

I would honesty request a mod hide that thread, or edit in ` to the second post so that it’s not an actual link.

Now I’m somewhat curious about my link, and if I need to start deleting old posts of mine.

Just checked. Nothing in the search results for /imagination

You, on the other hand: https://forum.fiverr.com/search?q=%2Fzeus777

Got the exact same massage, but regarding transcription. Blocked the guy without further ado because fiverr said that the message would be regarded as spam and wouldn’t interfere with my response rate. Well this night my response rate dropped to 88% and it could only be because of this message. I can’t see it anymore so in the meantime it must have really been regarded as spam by the system.

Ah, soo soo great to see what these juicy 20% are used for.

Got the exact same massage, but regarding transcription. Blocked the guy without further ado because fiverr said that the message would be regarded as spam and wouldn’t interfere with my response rate. Well this night my response rate dropped to 88% and it could only be because of this message. I can’t see it anymore so in the meantime it must have really been regarded as spam by the system.

Wow. I can’t believe your respond rate dropped because of that. But how did you know the percentage? Mine only shows “1hr”.

Thank you, but I don’t have that. I’m guessing it’s because I have only had 1 gig order so far. Thank you for your help 😇

Ah, perhaps that’s it, I don’t know, never really bothered much with the UI of the website/app. But seeing your first review, you’ll make Level 1 or 2, don’t worry. Good work will always get rewarded.

Guest humanissocial

I just respond “no” before I block just in case this happens.

Guest queenvalley

Thanks for your nice suggestions. I am Onti be a professional freelancer. I am totally new here. I think your suggestions very helpful for me.

For any seller new to the platform, here is another example of what NOT to do. This is a little worse than just receiving and sending random spam. Honestly. :roll_eyes:

Spam Example 3

This is a little worse than just receiving and sending random spam. Honestly.

Wow, such gall this person has! 😂 The only saving grace is their English, I guess. Jokes aside, I’ve never seen this kind of practice on other sites. I hope this is not becoming a trend. 🥺

Guest humanissocial

This is a little worse than just receiving and sending random spam. Honestly.

Wow, such gall this person has! 😂 The only saving grace is their English, I guess. Jokes aside, I’ve never seen this kind of practice on other sites. I hope this is not becoming a trend. 🥺

Honestly it looks like a parody! So many shameless people.

Archived