How Can improve my English Writing skill

elias_dawa

Question

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! There really is no shortcut way to improving your writing skills. However, with lots of reading, you will start to pick up on different writing styles that you can apply when you write. Keep a journal to track your mistakes and overtime I’m sure you’ll see marked improvement. It can also help when you seek professional advice as well 😉 Good luck!

You can’t learn it quickly, any more than I could learn Bengali quickly. Learning a language is like any skill, it takes time to develop, practice to reinforce, dedication to become proficient.

Tools like Duolingo are pretty good for language learning, and I recommend using them, but there’s no such thing as “learning a language very quickly.” Practicing is critical, especially practicing with native English speakers (like the forum).

You can’t learn it quickly, any more than I could learn Bengali quickly. Learning a language is like any skill, it takes time to develop, practice to reinforce, dedication to become proficient.

Tools like Duolingo are pretty good for language learning, and I recommend using them, but there’s no such thing as “learning a language very quickly.” Practicing is critical, especially practicing with native English speakers (like the forum).

Thanks dear. Helpful

Thanks dear. Helpful

Speaking of learning English, please refer to this thread about calling anyone “dear” in a professional setting. Don’t do it.

While Fiverr is a melting pot of different cultures, skills and personalities (which in itself is one of the great strengths of the platform), there are a number of mistakes I keep seeing over and over in communications here on the forum. These mistakes impact poorly on the way in which your interactions are perceived, and could also have a huge negative impact if you use similar terminology in your gigs or client interactions. Dear Never refer to another person as “Dear” in a professional env…

Speaking of learning English, please refer to this thread about calling anyone “dear” in a professional setting. Don’t do it.

While Fiverr is a melting pot of different cultures, skills and personalities (which in itself is one of the great strengths of the platform), there are a number of mistakes I keep seeing over and over in communications here on the forum. These mistakes impact poorly on the way in which your interactions are perceived, and could also have a huge negative impact if you use similar terminology in your gigs or client interactions. Dear Never refer to another person as “Dear” in a professional env…

Always be mindful of the conventions used in communication in a professional setting. Using any or all of the terms above in the community, in your gigs, or in your communications with your client will almost certainly have a negative impact on how you are perceived, and consequently your ability to get work.

If English is not your first language, then use the forum as an opportunity to practice communicating professionally without consequence. Write every post as though you were speaking to a customer. The more you do this, the more it becomes habit, and the less likely you are to make a mistake when it counts.

I will follow your tips. Thanks

thank you so much boss 😍

How can I learn English very quickly

very quickly

Forget this immediatly.

And to be honest I don’t really know, but, I’m gonna tell my story:

so, at school we had the english courses as everyone, I come from France, a country where english skills are ultra low, so the path has started in 2015, when I was playing in online video game League of legends, I played a game, met other people from europe, they were from finland, germany, serbia etc, they invited me to vocal conversations to talk and play at same time, we all have our lame accents so i guess it was easier practice than if i would have met native english people.

It was hard for me, i often didn’t understand them at all, but we were always playing together, every days in the evening we did the same routine, and I don’t know with the time I understood and talked better, I searched for more vocabulary, we even met irl, i still talk with them, it has been 6 years now since we met.

So, i’ve been lucky to be able to practice in real time with foreigners through a vocal chat, but it was just my case.

Some people learnt by watching movies with sub-titles, music, I don’t know.

Very nice suggestion

very quickly

Forget this immediatly.

And to be honest I don’t really know, but, I’m gonna tell my story:

so, at school we had the english courses as everyone, I come from France, a country where english skills are ultra low, so the path has started in 2015, when I was playing in online video game League of legends, I played a game, met other people from europe, they were from finland, germany, serbia etc, they invited me to vocal conversations to talk and play at same time, we all have our lame accents so i guess it was easier practice than if i would have met native english people.

It was hard for me, i often didn’t understand them at all, but we were always playing together, every days in the evening we did the same routine, and I don’t know with the time I understood and talked better, I searched for more vocabulary, we even met irl, i still talk with them, it has been 6 years now since we met.

So, i’ve been lucky to be able to practice in real time with foreigners through a vocal chat, but it was just my case.

Some people learnt by watching movies with sub-titles, music, I don’t know.

pretty good interesting story about your life.

Depends on what you mean by ‘talk’. I’m not going to DM you, if that’s what you’re asking.

If you want to engage with conversations in the forums, you’re welcome to do so, but it’s an open and public forum. No one is required to talk with you specifically. Likewise, you’re welcome to ask questions or make comments on other threads, AS LONG AS you follow the forum rules. (Don’t reply with no-content posts, stay on topic, etc.)

Archived