Ransomware virus attack on my pc!

athoi123

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virus are in grades and more effective than others, virus can stop your computer from working, they can lock all your files with a pin

Yes, for someone like me who works all over, I can get a serious virus (deliberately :D), but for some kid who is working on Fiverr and has knowledge level that formats Windows over virus warning, what are the chances she actually got a serious virus or just a display fake warning?

And virus that is active after clicking on link or by opening ZIP/RAR… I mean, she is not a high profile target for serious unfixable virus.

what are the chances she actually got a serious virus or just a display fake warning?

Hey dear I don’t think theres any fake warning.

Why do hackers spend time in creating fake warnings

Its ransomwrare and ifs real enough. if its locked with freelocker its still possible to remove it. if you formatted your Hdd drive though there is not much else you can do.

How can it possible? Could you please tell me?

what are the chances she actually got a serious virus or just a display fake warning?

Hackers do not do fake warnings. But a whole bunch of scammers pretending to be hackers create fake warnings. Google Jim Browning.

My mail account is stuffed with fake warnings and people wanting to send me money every single day.

Do not download any zip files from buyer request or your inbox if any new buyer send you. It may contain virus. And also do not click any link if you don’t know about it.

I have reinstalled windows. Also i have saved a copy of all my files to a portable hard disk (HDD). Can these be recovered in any way?

I have reinstalled windows. Also i have saved a copy of all my files to a portable hard disk (HDD). Can these be recovered in any way?

You had a picture of a fire sent to your house by “hackers”.

In order to prevent potential real fire you burned your entire house and now you want firemen to help you with fire that is already extinguished and destroyed all your property.

Unfortunately that is not how we fix things.

Money For what

Or you can report spam them

Oh for example, the Federal Burough of Whatever has successfully stopped the Diamond Mafia of Ontario and now wishes to distribute the money among lucky chosen ones, and I could be one of those, all I need to do is send them my credit card information and my last name as well as the name of my first pet!

What are you talking about???

Is this real?

Do you really do not know anything about computers?

How would they have access to your files if you did not use Team viewer or some remote access program??

What you have seen is just ridicules message set to display automatically over screen. Nothing on your computer was actually compromised.

How would they have access to your files if you did not use Team viewer or some remote access program??

Ransomware works by encrypting your files on your PC. To access them, you need to pay a ransom to the attacker who will then give you the encryption key you need to unlock them.

The encryption process can run in the background without a PC user noticing.

As it is, I’m not sure what has happened to this user. But there is no point trying to help. Simply trying to get a clear piture of what has happened here is impossible.

Have you saved the copy before attacked? If yes then it’s ok you can use the file. But if you copy after the attack then may be no chance. Try it.

Oh for example, the Federal Burough of Whatever has successfully stopped the Diamond Mafia of Ontario and now wishes to distribute the money among lucky chosen ones, and I could be one of those, all I need to do is send them my credit card information and my last name as well as the name of my first pet!

There’s also an almost fascinating amount of cancer-struck widows sending me mails to do the work of the Lord for them by distributing their wealth as I see fit.

They gave email to contact with them and asking dollar($) to unlock the files. But there is no guarantee that they will unlock my files even after paying. 😥

So don’t pay.

You didn’t had backup of your files.

There is no way to recover.

One method You can download paid recovery file software but that will not help you completely.

It will recover but will change the file format.

Ransomware works by encrypting your files on your PC. To access them, you need to pay a ransom to the attacker who will then give you the encryption key you need to unlock them.

The encryption process can run in the background without a PC user noticing.

As it is, I’m not sure what has happened to this user. But there is no point trying to help. Simply trying to get a clear piture of what has happened here is impossible.

Ransomware works by encrypting your files on your PC.

😃

But you have levels, and who ever target Fiverr users looking at buyers requests knows they are not packed with money, plus who ever is on Fiverr using buyers request I would not call serious or any kind of hacker. Just “kid” mentality in sharing something he picked up somewhere on some forum where he desperately want to be perceived as hacker.

She clicked on something in attachment. She got ransomware. So what? Cut the internet and fix your computer. With internet and access to information’s it is really not that hard. You just have to use search feature properly. Or shut down computer and get it to nearest PC expert.

But formatting …

I am login out of this one.

They gave email to contact with them and asking dollar($) to unlock the files. But there is no guarantee that they will unlock my files even after paying. 😥

Let’s forget about it. Start a new journey. And try to keep your backup on cloud storage like google drive. Always keep your backup for safety.

😃

But you have levels, and who ever target Fiverr users looking at buyers requests knows they are not packed with money, plus who ever is on Fiverr using buyers request I would not call serious or any kind of hacker. Just “kid” mentality in sharing something he picked up somewhere on some forum where he desperately want to be perceived as hacker.

She clicked on something in attachment. She got ransomware. So what? Cut the internet and fix your computer. With internet and access to information’s it is really not that hard. You just have to use search feature properly. Or shut down computer and get it to nearest PC expert.

But formatting …

With internet and access to information’s it is really not that hard. You just have to use search feature properly. Or shut down computer and get it to nearest PC expert.

And I just google search on this virus, and I have tons of videos brought to me on how to remove the virus from my PC.

😃

But formatting …

But you have levels, and who ever target Fiverr users looking at buyers requests knows they are not packed with money,

I think they are just other Fiverr sellers / mek-sellers. Only this would explain why they target the people they do.

@athoi123. If you know the name of the ransomware used, you can search online to see if anyone has published the encryption key free. A lot of ransomware scammers simply tweak older malware versions rather than create software from scratch.

If you had not wiped your PC, there might have been other ways to recover your work. However, it looks like you were a bit too trigger happy with your formatting.

But you have levels, and who ever target Fiverr users looking at buyers requests knows they are not packed with money,

I think they are just other Fiverr sellers / mek-sellers. Only this would explain why they target the people they do.

@athoi123. If you know the name of the ransomware used, you can search online to see if anyone has published the encryption key free. A lot of ransomware scammers simply tweak older malware versions rather than create software from scratch.

If you had not wiped your PC, there might have been other ways to recover your work. However, it looks like you were a bit too trigger happy with your formatting.

I have searched on web. And found this virus is similar to Ransomware xorist. But not found any exact tools to unlock the files… 😥

I am sorry to say that only to way one you pay them or format everything and install new Windows.

And try to use paid antivirus. Like Eset smart sceruity. This is my experiencs. I am computer hardware engineer.

And try to use paid antivirus. Like Eset smart sceruity. This is my experiencs. I am computer hardware engineer.

I am computer hardware engineer.

nly to way one you pay them

It is humanly IMPOSSIBLE that this two are true. So, pick one.

No IT expert would EVER in his right mind suggest to pay hackers or format drive over virus.

I am computer hardware engineer.

nly to way one you pay them

It is humanly IMPOSSIBLE that this two are true. So, pick one.

No IT expert would EVER in his right mind suggest to pay hackers or format drive over virus.

I just say the way. I am not telling to pay. And sorry for my mistake. Thank you.

Archived