Current state of things, Frank's POV

frank_d

Thank you for your kind words.

Writing is not my forte. But I will consider offering bite sized posts as I also find long form videos didn’t appeal to the community.

Still figuring out how I can help.

Wow, very generous of you.

Ooh, love this idea 💡 I think this would be very beneficial for so many people to get 1-on-1 commonsense advice. Please give an update when/if you decide to offer this opportunity. Count me in!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very much confused now. As per your view, low priced gigs are doing goods.

But recently in the Whiteboard and Animation category I have seen many TRS have increased their prices by 20-30%, it was all done in the first quarter of this year.

Recently I received messages from Voice over sellers regarding their pricing, they all supported their price increase saying that the Fiverr algorithm gives average sell price more weightage now.

What you are saying might be a temporary thing due to the current COVID19 situation, businesses are on a tight budget, reacting to which, Fiverr could have tweaked the algo a bit. What is your take on this?

And the thread which is closed now, we were discussing an issue which many sellers are facing of Gig Rank. Don’t you think it is strange that suddenly in the first week of May? Many sellers lost their gig rank and all of their gigs are on the last page. Could you please ask your SM about this thing, what might be cause of this?

All who are not affected are saying that this how the algorithm works, but don’t you think. This has affected many sellers all at once, so saying that this how algo work might not be the right thing?

I have plenty of material left for dozens of streams.

Plus now I have some downtime that makes things more manageable.

So yes, I have been considering doing something more consistently, not sure if it would be more helpful to offer small videos with advice or insights and only do a live stream once there’s either a bigger fan base or questions based on what I cover on my “regular” content.

I also have another idea: dedicating half an hour a day to anyone who wants a 1:1.

Something like 2x 15-minute slots per day.

I can have an automated booking system in place, and if you want to pick my brain, ask a specific question or just rant about Fiverr-related stuff, I’m all yours.

This will be Great. It will be interesting.

I have plenty of material left for dozens of streams.

Plus now I have some downtime that makes things more manageable.

So yes, I have been considering doing something more consistently, not sure if it would be more helpful to offer small videos with advice or insights and only do a live stream once there’s either a bigger fan base or questions based on what I cover on my “regular” content.

I also have another idea: dedicating half an hour a day to anyone who wants a 1:1.

I can have an automated booking system in place, and if you want to pick my brain, ask a specific question or just rant about Fiverr-related stuff, I’m all yours.

Yipeee… I was waiting for more content… 🥳

Because I love to listen & learn how to improve… ✏️

I have been going on a very good pace on orders from the end of April…

I need some help from a moderator, can I create a post where I link to such a service?

Like scheduleonce, or calendly?

This is not a paid service, just something I want to do for the community.

Thanks!

@wp_kid ?? 🙂

I would love to have more of your streams

I just hate the advice given by some so-called fiverr gurus on youtube

I am very much confused now. As per your view, low priced gigs are doing goods.

But recently in the Whiteboard and Animation category I have seen many TRS have increased their prices by 20-30%, it was all done in the first quarter of this year.

Recently I received messages from Voice over sellers regarding their pricing, they all supported their price increase saying that the Fiverr algorithm gives average sell price more weightage now.

What you are saying might be a temporary thing due to the current COVID19 situation, businesses are on a tight budget, reacting to which, Fiverr could have tweaked the algo a bit. What is your take on this?

And the thread which is closed now, we were discussing an issue which many sellers are facing of Gig Rank. Don’t you think it is strange that suddenly in the first week of May? Many sellers lost their gig rank and all of their gigs are on the last page. Could you please ask your SM about this thing, what might be cause of this?

All who are not affected are saying that this how the algorithm works, but don’t you think. This has affected many sellers all at once, so saying that this how algo work might not be the right thing?

Ok there’s a lot to go through here, but here goes.

This is an abnormal situation we are all in. We just recently moved past the initial shock phase, and have yet to feel the repercussions of the recession phase. But it’s coming.

What I was saying is that higher-priced gigs appear to have an extra hurdle to jump, IF (and that’s a big if) the algorithm actually takes into account how well you perform as a seller |(converting leads) and how fast your buyer marks the order as completed.

So this doesn’t necessarily have something to do with Covid-19. This is just something I observed over the past couple of months. Sellers with similar gigs, offer less with a cheaper entry point and seem to be busier than I am.

Many sellers lost their gig rank and all of their gigs are on the last page. Could you please ask your SM about this thing, what might be cause of this?

I agree with sellers who say that something is going on. The only difference is that I don’t feel like it’s a bug. I have lived through at least 3 tectonic shifts in the marketplace, so I recognize when there is a change in how Fiverr works. And in my personal opinion, we are all experiencing a new change. If anything, my post started as a way to prove to other sellers that I am too afflicted by whatever this is, and I am not a Fivver drone, mindlessly yelling that “everything is fine”.

The point that I am trying to make that keeps eluding you and most sellers from that other thread you mentioned, is that you need to adapt, or perish.

You need to let go of what used to be, and make sure there’s a spot for you in what’s coming next. You are not helping yourself or your fellow sellers when all you do is complain about ranking, and how you lost your top spot.

Trying to compare experiences right now, as all of us seem to be stumbling in the dark, is the only thing I feel that may make a difference.

This is an abnormal situation we are all in. We just recently moved past the initial shock phase, and have yet to feel the repercussions of the recession phase. But it’s coming.

What I was saying is that higher-priced gigs appear to have an extra hurdle to jump, IF (and that’s a big if) the algorithm actually takes into account how well you perform as a seller |(converting leads) and how fast your buyer marks the order as completed.

So this doesn’t necessarily have something to do with Covid-19. This is just something I observed over the past couple of months. Sellers with similar gigs, offer less with a cheaper entry point and seem to be busier than I am.

Many sellers lost their gig rank and all of their gigs are on the last page. Could you please ask your SM about this thing, what might be cause of this?

I agree with sellers who say that something is going on. The only difference is that I don’t feel like it’s a bug. I have lived through at least 3 tectonic shifts in the marketplace, so I recognize when there is a change in how Fiverr works. And in my personal opinion, we are all experiencing a new change. If anything, my post started as a way to prove to other sellers that I am too afflicted by whatever this is, and I am not a Fivver drone, mindlessly yelling that “everything is fine”.

The point that I am trying to make that keeps eluding you and most sellers from that other thread you mentioned, is that you need to adapt, or perish.

You need to let go of what used to be, and make sure there’s a spot for you in what’s coming next. You are not helping yourself or your fellow sellers when all you do is complain about ranking, and how you lost your top spot.

Trying to compare experiences right now, as all of us seem to be stumbling in the dark, is the only thing I feel that may make a difference.

I appreciate this and 100% agree with it. But as of now we are in a dark room trying to find the key to gain back the rank we had. No one knows why some Gigs were thrown back on last page and why some still have the Ranks they were having before.

Frank, just a question that I wanted to ask from you,

Is the news of fiverr’s new option of paid promotion of gigs real? ( You might be aware about that as you are a TRS ) as I saw the screenshots about it in another thread but cannot confirm whether it’s true or not.

And are you in favour of that?

I personally, am not in favour of that, because then people who already have some money to invest would create gigs and run ads, and after getting orders outsource them and it we would probably be seeing some so-called fiverr millionaires telling the same on youtube.

I need some help from a moderator, can I create a post where I link to such a service?

Like scheduleonce, or calendly?

This is not a paid service, just something I want to do for the community.

Thanks!

@wp_kid ?? 🙂

On general terms, this (scheduleonce, or calendly) aren’t allowed on forum. But I found this might be helpful & intresting, you may ask a Fiverr Staff.

I appreciate this and 100% agree with it. But as of now we are in a dark room trying to find the key to gain back the rank we had. No one knows why some Gigs were thrown back on last page and why some still have the Ranks they were having before.

@myexplainervid

Well we are all on the same boat. They only thing I can help with right now, is by telling you that what’s gone, may be gone for good. And by that I mean the way your ranking changed in the past. There’s a new way to keep your gigs relevant, we just don’t know what works yet.

So you need to adapt and let go of what used to happen.

@tech_treon

Yes the new feature is very much real, but roll-out will be slow as there are a bunch of problems on the technical side of things. I was told I will get the feature on the 2nd wave, and it’s been weeks and still nada. So not sure when the second wave will happen.

I am definitely not in favor of paying Fiverr more. But I have yet to see the feature in action. A similar feature was rolled out 2 years ago and was scraped within months. If it’s not working as intended, or people don’t use it, this too may go away.

@wp_kid thank you for letting me know. I will shoot @mjensen415 an email.

I think if we just pray to the algorithm gods we make sells right? Some kind of relevance to IRobot.

I think if we just pray to the algorithm gods we make sells right? Some kind of relevance to IRobot.

Reminds me of a quote I heard just the other day, “In God we trust, all others must bring data.” We don’t really have enough data. I’d noticed that some of the people who post about no orders post already about “the worst month ever” when the month isn’t even a week old, while others only post once they already haven’t had orders since months, and of those, some do have orders, just not from new buyers, while others have no orders at all, …

“Malfunction. Need input.” (another quote, only, for this, I know who said it - and how fitting is that - Number 5. :robot:

Thank you for your kind words.

Writing is not my forte. But I will consider offering bite sized posts as I also find long form videos didn’t appeal to the community.

Still figuring out how I can help.

I also find long form videos didn’t appeal to the community.

Just another … y’no … 2p

I think you have to think about it like direct marketing. A direct marketing campaign that gets a 1% response rate is … well, it’s kinda normal. From that 1% response, 1% of that is also normal … so 0.1% conversion rate is … if not expected, at least acceptable.

2% conversion rate is good, 3% is outstanding.

Here on the forums, the post reading count can reach as high as between 2-3k. Your first stream has so far got 549 views. If we take each view as a conversion, your conversion rate is around 2% - which is good.

The mek sells are never going to take your advice - they don’t understand it and want to tick boxes.

The next lot up might show some interest - they may have been around for a while and know you’re trs and pro so may have hidden boxes they haven’t thought of.

Those two layers of sellers can’t think - they’re too anxious for there to be much frontal lobe activity going on. They need the kind of structure that tick boxes provide. And if they get the right tick boxes - not the “stay online 24/7” kind, but useful ones, like … professionals don’t copy, they build their own graphics and descriptions, using other people’s as aide memoire, rather than templates - they can calm down enough to begin to be able to think about things.

That 2% conversion rate? You could probably expand it to 3-4% if you accept that you can’t help everyone, but aim at the people who are already relaxed enough about Fiverr’s “little ways” to think clearly, discuss and plan.

Anyway - do more live feeds, please. So useful …

Ooops! Maths isn’t my thing. Just done the calculation again and it’smore like 25%. Wildly successful. Beyond most people’s dreams successful.

I offered to answer any questions you may have, not take a look at your profile and decide what you should do.

Those are two completely different things.

I am not here to offer arbitrary advice or spoon feed you information.

I offered to answer any questions you may have, not take a look at your profile and decide what you should do.

Hey @frank_d I completely change my gig’s like descriptions, Tags, Prices, FAQ and also convert some clients from Facebook and convenience them to deal via Fiverr. Some of them are using fiverr first time and i am active on fiverr more then 15+ hours. But still my gigs are on last page no improvement from last 1 month. Any suggestion ?

Hey @frank_d I completely change my gig’s like descriptions, Tags, Prices, FAQ and also convert some clients from Facebook and convenience them to deal via Fiverr. Some of them are using fiverr first time and i am active on fiverr more then 15+ hours. But still my gigs are on last page no improvement from last 1 month. Any suggestion ?

Hey @sarikaverma007

Like I keep saying, there’s no trick.

Editing alone won’t do anything for you, if your edits don’t make your gigs relevant to the eyes of the algorithm.

So as it currently stands, what you offer, how you perform, your price, create a formula the algo deems not as good as others.

Remember: this is not just SEO, there are a lot of variables. Maybe if at your current performance price was lower, the engine would push you higher. (not at the top)

One final thought: there’s no TOP and BOTTOM as I keep seeing people describing the issue.

There are dozens of pages with hundreds of spots in-between. Those aren’t placeholder images, they are gigs being served to buyers depending on what they are looking for.

Hey @sarikaverma007

Like I keep saying, there’s no trick.

Editing alone won’t do anything for you, if your edits don’t make your gigs relevant to the eyes of the algorithm.

So as it currently stands, what you offer, how you perform, your price, create a formula the algo deems not as good as others.

Remember: this is not just SEO, there are a lot of variables. Maybe if at your current performance price was lower, the engine would push you higher. (not at the top)

One final thought: there’s no TOP and BOTTOM as I keep seeing people describing the issue.

There are dozens of pages with hundreds of spots in-between. Those aren’t placeholder images, they are gigs being served to buyers depending on what they are looking for.

ok thanks let me try to increase my prices also 🙂

its because i am selling my service at cheapest price in my niche everyone has price starting from 150$ and mine end at 120$.

Maybe, just an opinion, as you don’t have that many orders in queue, you can try reducing your delivery times

and again, just an opinion, if you are such a professional that you can bring websites to DA 40+ in 15 days, why not start your own website and promote your services there, because if I am not wrong DA 40,50,60 websites are easier to rank

its because i am selling my service at cheapest price in my niche everyone has price starting from 150$ and mine end at 120$.

But what you are doing right now, is not working.

How is raising prices going to fix that?

I am asking to see the logic behind your move.

Because if your move is simply based on how you feel -no one wants to make less- don’t be surprised when it doesn’t work either.

But what you are doing right now, is not working.

How is raising prices going to fix that?

I am asking to see the logic behind your move.

Because if your move is simply based on how you feel -no one wants to make less- don’t be surprised when it doesn’t work either.

if your move is simply based on how you feel

I’m sorry. But what your “moves” and advices are based on?

Do you have acces to fiverr’s search algorithm? Are you fiverr’s developer? Or maybe you did big research with hundreds of different sellers, that followed your advices, and now you have a data about before/after? Or maybe you did reverse engineering of fiverr’s algorithms?

What info do you have instead of your experience and your “feelings”?

Do you have acces to fiverr’s search algorithm? Are you fiverr’s developer? Or maybe you did big research with hundreds of different sellers, that followed your advices, and now you have a data about before/after? Or maybe you did reverse engineering of fiverr’s algorithms?

Maybe being on this platform for more than 7 years and being a top rated and pro seller gave him the right to give his advices…

Just a suggestion to go and check his profile first

Hey Tonya, judging by your questions and tone, I am going to go ahead and assume you are not actually expecting answers.

You are simply trying to make it seem as I don’t know what I am talking about, or that I am not speaking from a place of authority.

That is true, I don’t have any of the answers, nor have I claimed that I do.

If you spend some time reading my OP and several other posts I made, you will see I never try to make it seem as though I know stuff.

So yes, we are all operating based on how we personally perceive things and how we feel things are going.

However, re: my reply above I was trying to make the point that our fellow seller was making a decision to do the opposite of what seemed logical, simply because it was easier.

All the while expecting to solve a problem.

So my main gripes right now are as follows:

1. Females showing up in “…Male Voice Over” searches. I would suppose that also is the case in “…Female Voice Over”.*

2. The use of the fiverr™ logo on gig profiles. If I recall (and I could be wrong), you’re not supposed to used their logo on your gig profile snapshots.

3. Gigs that are OBVIOUSLY showing the SAME gig profile snapshot, with or without minor changes. I had some of my gigs pulled because they “looked too similar”. Seems fiverr has forgotten that already.

Mind you, I’m not really that active here on fiverr and for certain, folks are going to bash me for NOT being as active. I get that. I’m not being proactive or even reactive. My faith in fiverr is gone. I used to obsess over fiverr to the point of madness. I gave that up for Lent (he he).

So my point here is when fiverr gets its collective crap together, I’ll be proactive and actually active again. I made more money off fiverr stock (which was a DARN good idea) than I did on fiverr doing crap jobs for $5 per scratching out what I could to get to that elusive Next Seller rank. And when a local company hired me to do 2 TV spots for $350 each… fiver took the back seat.

-WoodyG

So my main gripes right now are as follows:

1. Females showing up in “…Male Voice Over” searches. I would suppose that also is the case in “…Female Voice Over”.*

2. The use of the fiverr™ logo on gig profiles. If I recall (and I could be wrong), you’re not supposed to used their logo on your gig profile snapshots.

3. Gigs that are OBVIOUSLY showing the SAME gig profile snapshot, with or without minor changes. I had some of my gigs pulled because they “looked too similar”. Seems fiverr has forgotten that already.

Mind you, I’m not really that active here on fiverr and for certain, folks are going to bash me for NOT being as active. I get that. I’m not being proactive or even reactive. My faith in fiverr is gone. I used to obsess over fiverr to the point of madness. I gave that up for Lent (he he).

So my point here is when fiverr gets its collective crap together, I’ll be proactive and actually active again. I made more money off fiverr stock (which was a DARN good idea) than I did on fiverr doing crap jobs for $5 per scratching out what I could to get to that elusive Next Seller rank. And when a local company hired me to do 2 TV spots for $350 each… fiver took the back seat.

-WoodyG

Funny story: There was a post somewhere that someone complained about searches being sexist by allowing “Male…” only titles and descriptions. Oh, but NOTHING said about “Female…” only titles or descriptions.

Archived