Account disabled trying to help someone during quarantine

claudiosolli

Hi everyone.

Today I could not log into my account and I got this message “your account is temporarily disabled. We sent you an email explaining what happened. I’ve read the email and it says that I have “violated the Terms of Service and/or other policies”.

I’ve recently created another account helping my girlfriend creating another one, but since she doesn’t speak English and we are both in quarantine in two different cities, I was trying to understand in which step she was stuck into since she was having problem understand what Fiverr was asking her during her account creation. I didn’t associate in any way both of them to a single withdrawal provider since the second account was just to help my girlfriend understand how the creation of the account was.
I can’t believe I’m losing all of my clients, and weeks of hard work just for this, helping someone I care about and I can’t see directly for this quarantine, it really destroys me.

Since it says temporarily disabled, is there any way to restore it back?
I’ve multiple orders I’m working on and funds I didn’t withdraw and they are still in my Fiverr account: is there a way to contact my customers and explain the situation? Can I in any way take the funds I’ve worked hard or are they blocked with the account?
Can I create another account or this IP is completely blocked?

Creating multiple accounts is one of the most severe ToS violations. I doubt you’ll get the account back.

You’ll be able to get the funds when the decision is made. If by some miracle your account gets restored, I’d suggest to withdraw the funds immediately. If not, you’ll have to wait for 90 days to receive the funds.

Hi everyone.

Today I could not log into my account and I got this message “your account is temporarily disabled. We sent you an email explaining what happened. I’ve read the email and it says that I have “violated the Terms of Service and/or other policies”.

I’ve recently created another account helping my girlfriend creating another one, but since she doesn’t speak English and we are both in quarantine in two different cities, I was trying to understand in which step she was stuck into since she was having problem understand what Fiverr was asking her during her account creation. I didn’t associate in any way both of them to a single withdrawal provider since the second account was just to help my girlfriend understand how the creation of the account was.

I can’t believe I’m losing all of my clients, and weeks of hard work just for this, helping someone I care about and I can’t see directly for this quarantine, it really destroys me.

I’ve multiple orders I’m working on and funds I didn’t withdraw and they are still in my Fiverr account: is there a way to contact my customers and explain the situation? Can I in any way take the funds I’ve worked hard or are they blocked with the account?

I’ve recently created another account helping my girlfriend creating another one, but since she doesn’t speak English and we are both in quarantine in two different cities, I was trying to understand in which step she was stuck into since she was having problem understand what Fiverr was asking her during her account creation.

If you have created an account for your girlfriend from the same PC you use with your own account, this will have looked like you were setting up a new second account for yourself.

You shouldn’t create any more accounts. Your best option is to try and explain to Fiverr what has happened.

Write a clear message to CS stating that you could only help your girlfriend create an account from your own PC due to you not being able to meet in person. State that you are aware that this is likely the reason why your account has been suspended and ask if there is any way for Fiverr to delete the second account you created and restore your original one.

Stress that you have no interest in creating multiple accounts for yourself and that you were just trying to introduce someone new to Fiverr.

The chances of having your account restored are slim. However, this is your best option.

I’ve already written an email to CS, and I’m hoping they will listen to me.

But what should I do with the customers I was working with? I can’t simply disappear to them if I took a professional commitment with their orders, but since I can’t log in I can’t contact them and explain the situation. It feels really irresponsible to me cut even the chance to contact them.
And what happens if they consider to not restore my account, will I be blocked from Fiverr forever?
Anyway, thanks for every replies.

I’ve already written an email to CS, and I’m hoping they will listen to me.

But what should I do with the customers I was working with? I can’t simply disappear to them if I took a professional commitment with their orders, but since I can’t log in I can’t contact them and explain the situation. It feels really irresponsible to me cut even the chance to contact them.

And what happens if they consider to not restore my account, will I be blocked from Fiverr forever?

Anyway, thanks for every replies.

If that happens, you can try asking CS for permission to open a new account. If they allow it, you can do it. If you open a new account without their permission, it will be banned.

What happened to your girlfriend’s account? Was that disabled, too?

No of course not.

We are separated for the quarantine in two different cities, therefore, we have two different IPs.

I created a third account to see which steps Fiverr needed for creating a new one and then tell my girlfriend how to do it. But since I’ve already had an account that I was actually using, Fiverr thought it was me that I was creating multiple accounts for my self.

No of course not.

We are separated for the quarantine in two different cities, therefore, we have two different IPs.

I created a third account to see which steps Fiverr needed for creating a new one and then tell my girlfriend how to do it. But since I’ve already had an account that I was actually using, Fiverr thought it was me that I was creating multiple accounts for my self.

Why couldn’t your girlfriend figure out how to open an account? Just wondering.

I created a third account to see which steps Fiverr needed for creating a new one

So you had two accounts. The reason that you were helping someone else figure out how to open an account doesn’t mean it’s allowed. It is beside the point. Regardless of whatever good reason you had it’s against the rules.

Have you written to customer support to tell them your reason was perfectly innocent?

Hi everyone.

she doesn’t speak English

How on earth is she going to operate on Fiverr if she can’t speak English.

Why couldn’t your girlfriend figure out how to open an account? Just wondering.

I created a third account to see which steps Fiverr needed for creating a new one

So you had two accounts. The reason that you were helping someone else figure out how to open an account doesn’t mean it’s allowed. It is beside the point. Regardless of whatever good reason you had it’s against the rules.

Have you written to customer support to tell them your reason was perfectly innocent?

The issue was looking for the right answer to the question “wich industry does the workplace/business belong to”. We couldn’t find the right group in the long list and I would never say “go on and translate each and every one of those by yourself”

Just to be clear, I know it’s not allowed, and I’m not saying I’m not wrong. I should have known better and to do not this mistake, and I’m really sorry. All I’m asking if there is something I can do about it since I’ll lose all my clients and all the chances to contact them.

I’m really desperate and I want to understand if there is a way to fix this in any way and I even get these kinds of replies, suggesting “I should change the girlfriend”.

Maybe I was gonna help her and I was trying to push her over her limits, but who knows, maybe you know better the situation than me 🙂

The issue was looking for the right answer to the question “wich industry does the workplace/business belong to”. We couldn’t find the right group in the long list and I would never say “go on and translate each and every one of those by yourself”

Just to be clear, I know it’s not allowed, and I’m not saying I’m not wrong. I should have known better and to do not this mistake, and I’m really sorry. All I’m asking if there is something I can do about it since I’ll lose all my clients and all the chances to contact them.

I’m really desperate and I want to understand if there is a way to fix this in any way and I even get these kinds of replies, suggesting “I should change the girlfriend”.

e issue was looking for the right answer to the question “wich industry does the workplace/business belong to”. We couldn’t find the right group in the long list and I would never say “go on and translate each and every one of those by yourself”

So you had to make a second account for yourself, ok. I understand how devastating this must be for you and we all make mistakes so I’m sorry this is happening to you.

You don’t get a free pass to break the ToS to try to help someone. That is not how policy works.

You agree to the terms when you sign up. So maybe you should have read and understood them. If you don’t like the terms don’t use the service. But don’t get mad at Fiverr for implementing the rules that you agreed to.

You don’t get a free pass to break the ToS to try to help someone. That is not how policy works.

You agree to the terms when you sign up. So maybe you should have read and understood them. If you don’t like the terms don’t use the service. But don’t get mad at Fiverr for implementing the rules that you agreed to.

As I said earlier, I never got mad at Fiverr and I totally understand how a policy works.

Nevertheless, I need to know how to behave now with my customers since all the information I have right now is that my account is disabled and why and nothing more.

As I said earlier, I never got mad at Fiverr and I totally understand how a policy works.

Nevertheless, I need to know how to behave now with my customers since all the information I have right now is that my account is disabled and why and nothing more.

I’m not sure but I think your orders may be cancelled if your account was disabled.

Saying you got disabled for helping a friend misrepresents the facts and does falsely suggest Fiverr has been unreasonable.

Your account was disabled because you broke the rules, not because you were helping a friend.

I even get these kinds of replies, suggesting “I should change the girlfriend”.

That one was inappropriate and disgusting.

There isn’t much you can do at this point, other than wait for response from CS.

You’d be surprised. I was contacted multiple times by people who’d speak French, Italian, Spanish to me. No English at all. They’d say: “Sorry, no English”. Some of those people were also sellers with semi-established accounts (50+ reviews), mostly translation gigs (multiple languages, no English there as well).

On a few occasions, they’d be somewhat passive-aggressive (at least how I read it) and go: “Google translate, no?” Yes, I can use google translate to read through the job description. I’m not using google translate to get myself through multiple rounds of extensive revisions and comments.

The point is, depending on the services you offer, you can do it.

I even get these kinds of replies, suggesting “I should change the girlfriend”.

There isn’t much you can do at this point, other than wait for response from CS.

…(also vile). I’m the favorite scapegoat.

I’ve had two clients who didn’t speak any English and there is a communication problem sometimes. It’s hard to imagine a seller who speaks no English.

No wonder very few of the regulars respond here any more. It’s incredibly hostile. Nasty. My comment was tongue in cheek. Thank you @catwriter.

The tongue-in-cheek figure of speech is used to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended, and it should not be taken at face value.

I find it hard to believe that it wasn’t taken that way.

Op I hope your girlfriend is able to open an account. There is a German fiverr as I recall so if she speaks that language she could try that one.

…(also vile). I’m the favorite scapegoat.

I’ve had two clients who didn’t speak any English and there is a communication problem sometimes. It’s hard to imagine a seller who speaks no English.

No wonder very few of the regulars respond here any more. It’s incredibly hostile. Nasty. My comment was tongue in cheek. Thank you @catwriter.

The tongue-in-cheek figure of speech is used to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended, and it should not be taken at face value.

Op I hope your girlfriend is able to open an account. There is a German fiverr as I recall so if she speaks that language she could try that one.

It’s hard to imagine a seller who speaks no English.

It is. I have no idea how it would work (not to mention that, according to the Terms of Service, sellers are required to speak English). I mean, it can be done with some services, but wouldn’t there be a lot of frustration when encountering those who expect the communication to be in English, and that’s the majority?

No wonder very few of the regulars respond here any more.

I rarely respond here, though not because of the hostility. I might stop completely.

I thought it was probably an attempt at humor. I didn’t find it funny, but then again, humor is subjective.

It’s hard to imagine a seller who speaks no English.

It is. I have no idea how it would work (not to mention that, according to the Terms of Service, sellers are required to speak English). I mean, it can be done with some services, but wouldn’t there be a lot of frustration when encountering those who expect the communication to be in English, and that’s the majority?

No wonder very few of the regulars respond here any more.

I rarely respond here, though not because of the hostility. I might stop completely.

I thought it was probably an attempt at humor. I didn’t find it funny, but then again, humor is subjective.

I’ve been bullied quite a bit on this forum lately and I’m tired of it. Your comment was hurtful. Things are hard enough now without this kind of attitude. Almost no one aside from a small handful of regular people dare to even come here. The Op has a serious problem with his account and here I am having once again to try to defend myself.

I’ve been bullied quite a bit on this forum lately and I’m tired of it. Your comment was hurtful. Things are hard enough now without this kind of attitude. Almost no one aside from a small handful of regular people dare to even come here. The Op has a serious problem with his account and here I am having once again to try to defend myself.

The Op has a serious problem with his account

…and he didn’t find your comment funny, he complained about it.

Archived